Other Digital Cameras:

Love my Cannon

from Vancouver, WA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Canon EOS 400D / EOS Rebel XTi Digital Camera with 18-55mm and 75-300mm lenses:

I love my cannon. We got this camera before our first child was born because I did not want to miss anything. Our old digital camera you had to be still to get any good photo's from but this one is different. I have always loved photography so a great camera was a must for me to make sure I got the action shots of my newborn. It has lots a settings manual and automatic with a built in flash. It also takes color pictures as well as black and white shots. I highly recommond this camera to anyone who dosent' want to miss the shot because of a little movement or a lot. It's really easy to use for even the beginner photograher and can be used everyday. It is a little bulkey compared to the point and shoots but if you want to make sure you get the shot it is worth carrying it around. We have now had this camera for four years and we have never had a problem with it. It does not have video which does not matter to me at all. Overall great camera.

Canon Rebel XTi is good for beginners

from Provo, UT

I've had this camera for about two years, and while I have outgrown it at this point, it has been a good learning tool for me.  I appreciate the lightweight design which makes it easier to take along with me wherever I go, but many times wish it was made out of the alloy compound used on the 50D because it feels much more substantial when in use.  The lenses it comes with give you versitle use, but neither one really specializes in portrait photography, which is mainly what I use my camera for, and so I'd definitely recommend upgrading to a higher quality lens to improve image quality.  I think the thing I was probably most disappointed with in this camera is the fact that it does not have very good ISO performance when in use in low light settings, and low light being even just the interior of a house, and so you either get photos that have a lot of color noise, or else you are not able to take pictures at all.

Canon is the best

from Cedar City, UT

I am a photographer of 10years and I love my canon cameras. I have had many and more recently I got a digital XTI. I love the camera and settings are easy if your a beginner or if you are advanced, it has a large beautiful viewfinder and is great for doing black and whites and other advanced photographs without having to have editing programs. I can use and interchange the lens from my reg. film camera so that is awesome no need to spend more money on lens' I already have in the film version the canon rebel 2000.

I wish this camera had video, and I have had one small part on it break. 1. the memory card ejector doesn't work so I have to use pliers to get the card in and out to download my pics, which I could just plug the camera in, but I rather use the card reader.

Last week it did freak out and give me trouble because I forgot to format the card after erasing all photos and so it caused an error but it wasn't on anything big and fixed right away, it also freaked out a little until I pulled the battery out and put it back in to clear up that error, but I have had and used it on a daily basis for over 4 years now so I am going to say it's still worth every penny.

When I do decided to get a new one or have this one break and is required to get a new one I will upgrade on the body just to hope those small things don't break or freakout, but still the life so far is awesome!

wonderful digital camera

from Daly City, CA

We bought the Canon Digital Rebel XTI camera with an 18-55 lens a couple years ago before our first trip to Europe.  The camera has been wonderful for us...no major complaints.  I have always used it on the Autofocus setting, although it has the manual setting which I need to learn!  The controls are fairly easy to find and use.  The ones I use the most are on the "wheel" on the top of the camera for soft focus, close-up, portrait, speed, night, etc.  It is a bit cumbersome to set the self-timer because it is not just a one-button setting.  The ISO and pop-up flash are very simple to set.  The photos display easily and beautifully on the screen, but when you are taking a picture you have to look through the viewfinder; it doesn't show up on the screen.  The one thing that we have had trouble with lately is in some settings when you start taking pictures, after a few it says "busy" and won't let you take it for at least several seconds.  It also does that in close-up mode some times.  We are not sure if it is because the battery needs to be replaced or not.  Speaking of batteries, it doesn't need to be charged that much at all.  We love this camera and definitely recommend it!

My memories wouldn't be near as vivid without my Canon Rebel!

from Plattsmouth, NE

I absolutely love my Canon Rebel!  I can take professional photos at home.  It is advanced enough to expirement with and create striking photos, yet easy enough for anyone to use or to bring on vacation and shoot candid photos.  I can even change out the lenses to be even more creative.  I love the digital aspect of the camera, because I feel like I have the freedom to try new things, and if they don't work out, I just delete them.  I'm not out of any expensive film.  It is also instantaneous.  I can see exactly what the photo will look like right away, so if it doesn't look how I want it to, I can try again.  When sharing my photos with friends and family, I am often asked to shoot photos of them.  I rarely take my children to a professional photographer.  I just bring them outside in a pretty location, and start shooting.  The Canon Rebel has helped me become a more confident photographer, and I would recommend it to anyone.

I love the Rebel XTi...It makes me feel like a pro!

from Salt Lake City, UT

I love this camera! When I'm using it there are so many different things I can do that I go crazy! My pictures come out looking amazing. I love this camera! When I'm using it there are so many different things I can do that I go crazy! My pictures come out looking amazing. I love this camera! When I'm using it there are so many different things I can do that I go crazy! My pictures come out looking amazing. I love this camera! When I'm using it there are so many different things I can do that I go crazy! My pictures come out looking amazing. Another great feature is that it can hold soooooo many pictures! Up to the thousands! That is great for me, because I can't always come home and load them onto the computer. Everyone should get and use this camera every day. Considering the quality of the camera, it is sold at a really affordale price! I love this camera so much, I take it everywhere with me!