Other Digital Cameras:
Digital SRL Cameras
Canon

Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera

Pros

• Fast shutter speed (3)
  • Good battery life (3)
  • Good in low light (3)
  • Great resolution (3)
  • Large clear LCD (3)

• Family photos (3)
  • Macro photography (3)
  • Sports/action (3)
  • Travel (3)
  • Wildlife (3)

cool

from marocco fes

About Me Pro Photographer

Pros

• Fast Shutter Speed
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good in Low Light
  • Great Resolution
  • Great Zoom
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Nice Image Quality

cool

from canada

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Fast Shutter Speed
    • Good Battery Life
    • Good in Low Light
    • Great Resolution
    • Great Zoom
    • Small / Compact

• Indoors/Low Light
      • Video
      • Weddings/Events

great

from canada

About Me Semi-Pro Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Fast Shutter Speed
      • Good Battery Life
      • Good in Low Light
      • Great Resolution
      • Great Zoom
      • Small / Compact

• Indoors/Low Light
        • Video
        • Weddings/Events

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

Earn 25 Rewards Points by publishing a review of 700 or more characters. (Points are awarded within 72 hours). For more information, click here. By submiting your review you accept Terms of Service and Privacy & Security

• Was this a gift?:

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

from Plano, TX

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

I've owned this camera since 2004, and I'm not sure how many thousands of pictures I've taken with it. It has gone flying, hiking, camping and to the beach. It bounced around in my backpack for a two-week trip in Alaska and has never missed a beat.

The 6MP resolution is a little lacking compared to today's 18MP SLRs, but prints smaller than 8x10 look great and you can't cram 18 MP onto a computer monitor. It seems to me that the only need for that resolution is to blow up small cropped regions of a picture; so-called "digital zoom."

One thing that has always bothered me about the 300D is the slow data bus. It uses a USB 1 bus, while it's successor the Rebel XT (and all of the subsequent Rebel models) use USB 2.0. The buffer on the camera is very small so if you shoot more than 3-5 shots in rapid succession, you have to wait 5-10 seconds while the data is written to the CF card before you can take another shot. Forget about plugging the camera in to your computer to download pictures; a CF card reader will be much, much faster.

Based on the buffering issue alone, I would say that if you are searching for a used Rebel, try to get the 350D (Rebel XT) over the 300D (Digital Rebel).

Cannon EOS is a great camera

from Nixa, MO

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

I purchased a Cannon EOS about a year ago and I have nothing but good things to say about it.  It is my first SLR camera and I had no trouble figuring out the settings.  I did purchase an extra battery for it so that I can keep one battery always charged up.  However, the battery lasts for a long time.  On that note, one of my favorite features of the camera is that if you accidently leave the camera on, it has a feature that automatically shuts it off after a little while so that you don't run the battery down.  I also purchased a zoom lens without really knowing much about it, and after learning that it did not have an Image Stabilizer on it (IS) was concerned about the quality of the pictures that I would be able to take.  Fortunately, I have had no trouble taking very clear pictures with the zoom lens even though it doesn't have an image stabilizer on it.  I am definitely pleased with my purchase, but if I were to buy one today, I would buy the Cannon Rebel with the video capabilities.

The Canon EOS 300D is an excellent DSLR camera!

from Murphy, NC

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

I bought my EOS 300D used at an online auction site in August 2007.  It has been an EXCELLENT camera, that I have taken hundres of pictures with.  I love this camera!  The only problem that I have had with this camera was last month, when a family member accidentally bumped into it while I was using it, and the autofocus would no longer work.  I sent the camera into Canon for repairs, which was awesome as well.  They were very promt, efficient, and had great communication with me. I since have gotten the camera back, and it works just as great as it did from the time I purchased it.  I am very happy with this camera and with Canon as well.

Solid intro to the world of digital SLR photography.

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

This camera, while an older model, still deserves a look for those wishing to enter the world of digital SLR, DSLR, photography.  It is lightweight, easy to use and inexpensive.  Browsing around eBay or pawn shops, it can be had for far less than a newer model.

An advantage to using this as an introductory camera is that any lenses purchased for this camera will also work with the newer Canon bodies.  Therefore, if you purchase any other Canon, you won't have to get new lenses as well.

Great camera for people who want great shots.

from Monmouth Junction, NJ

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

When it came to digital camera's I've always been one to use someone Else's.  I loved the canon GUI (graphic user interface) that was provided to the user.  It is very friendly and easy to use.  This camera can be as simple as point and press (shoot, click, etc.).  And this camera can be as advanced as one can think of.  This camera has an amazing feature called micro and of course super micro.  That allows the user (camera operator) to take pictures of objects at really close proximity.  You can almost touch the object with the lens and still get a crisp shot.  I have taken great indoor and outdoor pictures with this camera.  I have to say the only thing I have an issue with is this isn't for the person who wants a camera on them 24/7.  It's got a bit of weight to it.

Overall this is an amazing camera and takes the pictures I need.

from Flushing, MI

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

This camera is bulkier than its smaller relatives which are also great cameras but the extra baggage is worth while. The array of features gets just about any job done. The macro is wonderful and takes extraordinary pictures. The zoom is also breath-takingly precise. My only complaint is that the camera is a real power hog and flies through cheap batteries quickly so make sure to buy the extra strength ones.

Makes me feel like a professional even though I have no training

from Glencoe, MN

Comments about Canon - EOS-300D Digital Camera:

I have always loved to take photographs, of everything.  But I have always found that my pictures were lacking.  My husband got me this camera for mothers day and I'm taking so many wonderful pictures that I'm trying to find places to submit the pictures

The only bad thing I can say about the camera is the weight.  When we went on a trip I had the camera around my neck the whole day and ended up with in some pain.  But for the picture quality I got on the pictures I took it was well worth it.