Other Digital Cameras:
Canon

A Handy Walk-Around Lens

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Canon - AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS (Optical Stabilizer) Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras Digital Camera:

I have been wanting a zoom lens for my Canon xti. I first looked at the Canon Image Stabilized lens. Then I read about this Sigma Lens. It goes for a wide 18mm to a zoom of 200mm. I have just started using it and certainly haven't been disappointed. The pictures are sharp and clear. I do find that you are using the 200 length, it works better on one of the manual setting so that you can stop it down if you want lots of depth of field. None of the automatic settings seemed to give me the depth of field I wanted. It is also wonderful for portraits. I've just started using it, and I haven't been disappointed. I took a picture of a hummingbird sitting on a branch yesterday. I could never have gotten that shot with the stock 28-55 mm lens. The optical stabilization is really helpful, especially at 200mm. It has a lock to keep the barrel from drooping as it hangs down while you are carrying the camera, a lens hood that you can store on the camera when you're not using it. It is just an all around good lens.