Other Digital Cameras:

Pros

Cons

Great Durable Product

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

I purchased this product looking for something durable and with a wider range of options. This camera is great for armatures. I owned a rebel and now purchased this camera. This camera is heavy; however, it gives you durability. This camera is fast, gives you the option of video, and gives you the option of build in flash unlike higher end pro-cameras.

The camera is fairly easy to use. The menu options is easy to understand. Although, if you do no like reading manuals, you definitely have to read this one. There are so many setting to it you have to read the manual to understand half of them. Once you know the tricks it will definitely easy to use.

Battery Life
The battery life is okay, due to its power it use battery up a bit faster than the Canon Rebels. If you will are photographing a long even I definitely recommend buying an extra battery.

Portability
Although its durable, the camera is heavy. It is specially heavy when you are at an event taking pictures for a couple hours. On top of that if you add an extended battery, makes it uncomfortable for many hours use.

• Portability:

Could not ask for better

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

This digital camera, the Canon 7D, is the 5th digital camera I have purchased over the years, and I will stop here. This is a professional grade, yet still easy-to-use digital camera with all of the bells and whistles anyone could ask for. There is the attachment for flash, tripod and of course you can interchange lenses with any Canon lens. The rotating photo-type selection button on the top of the camera lets you quickly change photo styles; for example, if you are taking a walk outside snapping photographs of the distant mountains, you'll have the button turned to "scenery" but let's say a squirrel is dashing by on the branches close to you - turn the button to fast action and you have yourself a close-up professional grade shot. When you have the time to prepare for a shot, you have a complete range of options available in the menu, from timer to quality to exposure. The battery lasts for an incredibly long time (I've even left the camera on overnight and the battery was still going for weeks afterwards) - it does have an automatic power saver feature - just quickly press the shutter button and it's back on. As for durability, I keep a close eye on it, and have a cushioned carrying case for the camera and four lenses, and I've never had any problems in almost 4 years.

Great Professional Camera

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

I absolutely love my Canon 7D. As a professional photographer, I greatly enjoy shooting with this DSLR and am able to shoot high-end jobs without having to shell out the money for a full-frame camera. I do wish video was easier to get the hang of with this camera, like my old DSLR, the Canon 60D, but I really like the low light capabilities and durable structure of this camera. I highly recommend this model for professionals who don't have the money for a full-frame DSLR.

It did take me awhile to get used to this camera. And I have experience with many different cameras.

Extremely durable.

• Portability:

Too good for non professionals.

from Everett, WA

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

A best friend of mine had bought me this exact digital camera on my birthday. I had absolutely no idea on how to take a picture with this camera. I was always use to using the simple Sony Cybershot camera, but this just demolishes that aspect of taking photos. It took me about a week to realize how to work this thing, but I finally got the hang of the picture taking part. There are still a bunch of features on this thing that I don't know how to use to this day. I don't know if I'll ever even need to use those features but they are there waiting when I do need them. This thing does cost allot but my friend had bought it on sale at a store that was going out of business so he had gotten a real low price on it. The images I take using this camera are spectacular, this camera can make a peace of turd look like a mountain peak in a sunset. I apologize for the disturbing analogy but that is just how great of a photo this camera can take. When ever I go out to any public place for entertainment or a calm and peaceful trip I always have this camera around. For those big family gatherings, you'll be able to snap every person in full detail. I kind of feel bad that I am not using this camera to make money, because anyone can be a pro photographer with the Canon - 7D Digital Camera.

Image Quality
Please refer to my analogy.

Quick shots that capture everything.

Well, I'll be honest there are far too many things about this camera to be able to use it with ease.

Wonderful camera

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

Made the step up to this camera from a Canon 20d. It's a great camera for both serious amateur photographers and as a second body for professionals. If you don't understand basic DSLR cameras I wouldn't recommend this camera as it offers many settings and adjustments for advanced users. I've been using it steadily for a little over two years and I've had no problems. Its large screen is also a plus.

Fast shutter and the high iso settings are nice.

Semi-Pro

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

This is a fantastic camera if you're an avid amateur or an aspiring professional. I've been using this as my main camera for the better part of a year and have enjoyed every minute. Unlike many other models, the infared sensor allows for an off camera flash to be triggered with the on camera flash. It performs well in low-light and exceptionally in full light. It's a must own. You may considering waiting for the rumored 7d mk ii. If it's anything like this model, you won't regret it.

Image Quality
Fantastic results depending on lenses.

Runs like a dream.

If you're familiar with the DSLR system it's very logical.

Magnesium-alloy body is well constructed.

Battery Life
Lasts multiple shoots.

Portability
Kind of bulky (to be expected).

• Portability:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Dodgeville, WI

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

I love this camera but there are a few things to consider. One is that the lens that came with my 7D seems to have some soft focus issues. But I'm sure this lens doesn't come with every 7D. Another issue is that in HD Video mode, the lens does not autofocus as I believe the T3 does. However, the ability to change the point of focus while still looking through the viewfinder is very helpful.

Image Quality
I just have some soft focus issues every once in a while.

Portability
It's an SLR so of course it is going to be a bit chunkier than your standard point and shoot camera.

Camera for serious amateurs

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

Sturdy digital camera for serious amateurs. If you don't need a full frame camera, this is the one to buy. The professional lenses are excellent and are highly rated by professionals. Personal preference manual settings can be saved for instant access on custom settings.

great camera

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

this camera is wonderful for both pictures and videos. it has many options for taking pictures: for night vision, for sports for outside....... the quality of the picture is great and the color are wonderful and clear. it's easy to use, u can get a close shot even if you are recording a video. the only think that i don't like about it is its size, its huge and heavy , it's not practical. but if you are looking for quality u would not mind the size.

Very good camera

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Canon - 7D Digital Camera:

The 7D is awesome. I'm not a pro but I do enjoy taking snaps and for the pro or the amateur, this is great. This camera does it all, except full frame, and does it exceptoinally. This camera is good enough to do any level of photography coupled with good quality lenses. My last camera was the 30D which I really liked but sometimes needed faster frame burst, now I have no problems and the resolution will really impress. Lots of room to crop when needed and still have anice size high resolution shot. Ofcourse I would love to have the bestthere is but I really think that this camera was a great investment and will keep me happy for a long time. Also the video part of this camera does a very goodjob also. I have not used it a lot but I can tell you you will most likely need a tripod to use it well. HD resolution that looked great on my computer and wide screen HD television. Really happy with the 7D.