Other Digital Cameras:

Cons

Loving my SX30 IS Camera

I actually have the camera above this. PowerShot SX30 IS

I actually have the camera above this. PowerShot SX30 IS

I have just recently purchased this camera and so far I LOVE IT! I have had this for about two months. I needed to replace a camera that I had broken and loved so it took me a little bit to decide what I wanted to spend my money on and how much I was willing to spend. I wanted something more than just a point and shoot little pocket camera because I was always frustrated with the amount of zoom and control I would have while taking pictures. I also knew I didn't want to get into anything with interchangeable lenses and the expense that comes with that. I wanted to be creative without the price tag that goes along with it.

From previous cameras I've owned I knew I wanted three things before I would even consider the purchase. 1. a 360 movable display screen - most important when taking shots in crowds and wierd angles. 2. a viewfider for those sunny days when you just can't see what is on the display. 3 I wanted to have a decent zoom that I could sit on the sidelines at my son's sporting events and still get a decent shot not the "ant in blue that is my son".

This camera is wonderful. I have been able to take creative pictures of Christmas ornaments for Christmas cards, I just had a photo session with my son to make his valentine's day cards, shoot my son at his sporting events (stopping action and allowing some creative blur shots showing action) I've got the best of both worlds. I love how easy it is to use (although I still have many more features to lear) Loved the timer to be able to set on a tripod to take family pictures in front of the Chirstmas tree. And the video quality is nice. I was worried about having a lithium battery that needed to be charged and how often I needed to charge it. I think I've only charged it a handful of times since I've purchased it. Love the camera so far and have not been disappointed. One drawback it is a little bulky but I can live with that because of the zoom capabilities.

PowerShot SX130 - decent camera, some nice features

I was pretty happy with my previous PowerShot, which lasted 4 years before being dropped by my 2 year old son, so we decided to replace it with another PowerShot.  I would have rather taken a jump up to a digital SLR, but that wasn't in the budget right now so I was pretty happy just replacing my old PowerShot and I assumed that this one would be comparable.

In many ways this is the same or better as my previous camera.  I like the navigation, interface, and button placements, the screen is nice and big, and it isn't too hard to figure out especially having already used a PowerShot.  The flash does have to be manually flipped up, which is a little odd but not too big of a deal.  It has some fun settings for different "lens" effects which is cool.

The biggest complaint I have is that unlike my older PowerShot that this replaced, I have a very hard time getting pictures of my moving children that that aren't blurry!  My older camera had a setting right on the top knob that was for moving people, and I loved it.  This one, the best I've found is just "auto"  - the "kids and pets" setting seemed worse than auto.  Since the main purpose of the camera is to chronicle family happenings, it's a huge problem that I can't get good pictures of my toddlers... unless they're asleep!  I've been playing around with this camera for about a month, and while I'm getting the hang of it I still haven't found a way to get really good crisp pictures of my toddlers on the move.  That is the biggest disappointment I've had with this camera and if I'd known it would have that problem I would have picked a different one.

Horrible battery life, but pretty good quality.

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

My mom bought this camera for me three or four years ago for my birthday. With the batteries it came with, it lasted for a week or two and took absolutely beautiful pictures. Still takes just as beautiful pictures, but finding the right batteries are such a pain.

Image Quality
Although the auto-focus doesn't always do what you want it to, once you get it right it takes crisp clear pictures depending on your lighting situation. I went to Butterfly World and got some truly amazing shots because I was out in the natural sunlight. If it were indoors I'm sure the images would appear fuzzy.

Was able to get used to this nearly right away, as was my grandma when she wanted to try it out. She's not the most knowledgeable when it comes to technology but she still got the hang of how it works within a few hours.

Battery Life
Horrible, which is a major disappointment considering I often go on road trips in which the batteries are drained while still on the road with minimal use.

• Portability:

Good Camera for the small amount of Money Paid!

from Grand Bay, AL

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

I was very surprised at the quality of pictures I am getting from this camera especially since I have paid a whole lot more money and gotten far less as far as the quality of the picture are concerned. These pictures have rich colors, sharp lines, and just overall nice pictures. You won't be disappointed in getting this camera and having it for your family go to camera.

Image Quality
Great rich colors, sharp features and margins. Overall good camera for portraits!

Have used this camera for action shots as well as stills and it has performed excellently each and every time! Never disappointed!

You can use it right out of the box with ease, directions are easy to follow. Plus there are directions on how to become a better photographer. The directions also include how to use it for a short mini cam-corder. (this depends on battery life and your memory card space as to how long you can record).

Portability
Small and easy to take anywhere.

• Portability:

This camera takes great still pictures and clear videos!

from Coppell, TX

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

This camera has great picture quality! You will get great still photos from this camera. The image quality is extremely clear and distinct. The video also shoots excellent! I was able to make a whole video for a school project using this camera. My only complaint would be the battery life and the action photos. The camera uses double A batteries so make sure you have backups.

• Portability:

Easy to use camera that takes superb quality photos.

from Cashmere, WA

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

This is a fantastic camera that's easy to use and takes great quality photos. We upgraded to this camera from a Canon Powershot sd890 and are very pleased with its performance and quality. This camera is very compact, and take great quality high resolution photos. We use it for taking photos of products for our company and then enlarging them for posters and other advertising. It also does a great job in low-light settings (the pictures don't come out grainy) and the flip up flash is nice, because you can choose whether or not to use it. All in all, a great camera!

Image Quality
Photos are crisp and clear, never grainy and also does a great job with not being blurry for action shots.

Have had this camera for about a year and a half and have not had any problems with it. Its very responsive and works great.

Extremely easy to use, great for beginners and those not wanting to hassle with a lot of lenses and settings. But still has enough settings to customize your photos easily.

We lead disaster relief trips all over the US and also lead short-term mission trips all over the world. We take this camera with us wherever we go and it has held up really well. We do keep it in case (which I would recommend).

Battery Life
We use rechargeable batteries and they seem to last an average amount of time for a digital camera.

Portability
It's not as small as some of the cameras out there, but it feels sturdy in your hand and the quality of the photos is well worth the little bit of added extra weight. It's still small enough to be very portable.

• Portability:

Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera is the best!

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

We first got our Canon PowerShot SC130 IS Digital Camera about a month ago & i just love it! I was very skeptical of it at first,but a few minutes after checking it out i had the basics figured out & was amazed what a good camera it actually was. This camera has so many great features like 12x optical zoom,takes video,stamps the photo with the date/time,takes photos is black and white,sepia and poster to name a few. Some other good things about it is it can capture fast action shots,has face detection technology, has optical image stabilizition,full range of scene modes and so many more. Some basic things about it is it has a 3"color LCD screen which is very nice,comes with wrist strap,AV and interface cable,software for your computer that is also great to have so you can edit your pictures and do all kinds of fun things with them. If your not to good with cameras made like this one with a lot of features added to it like i am trust me that you will have it figured it out in no time & be on your way of capturing great photos of your family etc. The only thing that i don't like about it is it is kinda big or maybe i just think that since my old camera was smaller and it also a little heavy.Other than that i love my Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera and highly recommend it to others.

• Portability:

Canon Powershot Sx130 IS is the camera for me!

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

My boyfriend and I both got these cameras for each other as early Christmas Gifts. The price was just right for such a great camera! 12x optical zoom makes it easier to take pictures of things far away. Takes crisp pictures that look professional. You can put filters on it to do the sepia and black and white photos. You can also put color filters on it so only reds show up or whatever color you'd like. I like the fact that it uses batteries instead of a rechargable lithium ion battery. It's easier to carry around rechargable batteries than it is to have to lug around your cord. It is a big bulkier than my other cameras, so finding a case is a little bit of a task. It comes with a wrist strap so you don't have to worry about dropping the camera. It has a lot of different options to take pictures, along with taking high definition video. I am very impressed with this camera and it's my first Canon that I've had. I would definitely stick with Canon!

• Portability:

Takes such nice, clear photos

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

This was a replacement for me so I was a little reluctant to spend this much money but was happy once I received my camera.  It takes such professional quality pictures.  The zoom works so well that I can take a close up of my cute kitty's face & see each whisker without it being blurry.  Very nice.  It also can be set with the timer so that it takes 3 pics in a row and gives you time to change your position so you get 3 pics with one shot really.  Very nice.  It also has some cool review features, bubbles dancing across the screen in random, zooming in from different angles.  The only drawback was battery life.  I invested in a battery charger & rechargeable batteries but so worth the money.

Great camera, great price!

from Canmer, KY

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

I am still new to this camera, but i find it easy to use, none the less. It has some nice features and one not so nice feature too! I am totally satisfied with the camera but i would enjoy it a lot more if i wasn't going through batteries like crazy. Other than that, this is an awesome camera. The zoom on it is amazing! You have to try to take a bad picture to get one! I'm a happy camper with it, and you will be too.

Great camera!!

from Winterville, GA

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

I got the camera for christmas from my mom and dad because I was having a baby and didn't have a camera. So far it has been a fabulous camera. We have taken a ton of pictures as you can imagine with having a new baby. It takes beautiful pictures. It has manual settings, but most of the time we use the auto setting and the shots we take of the baby turn out really well. Even the photos we take of the dogs who never sit still are great! I only have one negative thing to say about the camera, but it is not enough to take away a star. The flash flashes a light before the picture is taken and sometimes the baby will turn away making it harder to get a shot of him. We have gotten so many good ones though that I'm still totally happy with this product!

Great Camera

from Aiken, SC

Comments about Canon - 4345B001 PowerShot SX130IS Digital Camera:

It was time to get another digital camera so I decided on this model. this is a perfect point and shoot camera with a fantastic zoom to get those great close up shots that were a bit hard to capture with my older model.

The best feature so far is the manual lift up flash - I don't have to worry about setting the flash "off" each time I wanted to not use a flash. That being said, in situations where a flash is suggested - the pictures still come out great.

the only downside I can see regarding this camera is the size. It isn't exactly a small pocket size camera, and it is a bit heavier than the average point and shoot. But I am more than willing to sacrifice size and weight for a great camera. Because of its size, I didn't want to buy a big bulky camera bag, so I found a nice neoprene sleeve (meant for gps units) and slip the camera in this. It protects the screen and camera while in my bag. And since it is just a slipcase, its easy to pull out the camera quickly.