4.8

4.8

Good starter camera

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Canon - 20D:

I've had this camera for about 6 years now. I bought it new and recently had the shutter replaced after it went out. The 20d's technology is a little dated now, but it's still a great backup camera. It would also be a good camera for a young person learning photography or someone looking for a cheaper prosumer camera.

• Image Quality:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Great digital camera

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Canon - 20D:

I am a professional portrait photographer and use this camera for my photography studio.  I love the quality that I get with the ease of use.  The camera is amazingly fast and has great auto white balance.  I love the beautiful pictures.  If you would like to check out some pictures taken with this camera check out my website at capturingtimephotoscom I think you will be impressed too!

I love this camera.

from Olathe, KS

Comments about Canon - 20D:

I am a photographer who specializes in Lifestyle photography and portraiture. I love the 20D. I am able to easily capture the images I want for my clients.  I've been using this camera since March of 2006.The camera has many features.  It would be easy for a novice, and there are many additional features for a professional.  The camera can be fully automatic or 100% manual.  You choose.  It is easy to find additional lenses and filters for this camera.The only con I've found is difficulty shooting the sky at night.  I can't seem to get good shots of the stars.  (That could be that I haven't found the right setting yet.)

awesome camera!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Canon - 20D:

I've been very impressed with this slightly dated DSLR.  The 8MP camera underclasses today's higher megapixel count cameras but doesn't sacrifice too much in quality.  Images are sharp and crisp but can tend to be unsaturated, though this is likely from only shooting in raw.  Conversions to jpeg churn out images that can compare to more recent models.

This camera can hold up to all sorts of conditions.  I've taken this thing under a waterfall accidentally and after a quick dry, I was snapping shots again.  It's been in temperatures from 10 to 110 and it still operates normally.  It's been thrown around and taken to other countries and survived.  It's built very well and handles the same.

I love having 2 dials, which comes standard of models of this class.  It's extremely simple to change aperture and exposure settings, allowing me to bracket everything and run through 6 or 7 shots in a matter of seconds.  Battery life is great but suffers from longer exposures.  I can run through 200-250 shots before the battery dies, so with a 4gb card and 2 batteries, I can shoot all day.

This is an investment that you won't regret!

from Tuscaloosa, AL

Comments about Canon - 20D:

This is a camera for anyone, from novice to pro.  You get to have as much control over your images as you choose.  It goes from fully automatic to fully manual and everything in-between.

I've used this camera to photograph weddings and do portraits and I've never been disappointed with the quality of the images.

Another bonus with the Canon has to be the lenses.  Canon makes great lenses and they tend to be more affordable.  You just can't go wrong with this camera.