Other Dog Foods:

CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

No secrets when reading the ingredients list

We adopted our Bull Terrier from a family that was unable to keep up with her energy levels, and they told us she was on a very strict diet of Iams. A coworker switched her dog to "the raw diet" after learning that some of the ingredients in commercial pet food were given scientific names to hide the fact that they were animal parts of domesticated and/or euthanized mammals. I knew that feeding our dog strictly raw food would be too much work for our busy life, but I didn't want to feed her the cheapest food I could find - or anything that you could pick up at the grocery store (or even gas station). So I went online and searched for the best dog food - and Canidae kept coming up. It wasn't sold at the grocery store - or even at the big box pet stores - it's only sold in smaller, independent pet stores. This means it costs more than Kibbles and Bits, but I feel much better about feeding our dog something made from the same ingredients her human owners would eat. There is nothing artificial in the food - other than the scientific names for some of the vitamins, you can pronounce and recognize just about everything on the list. The food does not contain cheap fillers that take up space - in the bag, and in the poo - no corn, no wheat - just what your doggie needs to stay strong and healthy.

Canidae ALS made my dog very sick.

Canidae All Life Stage made my dog very sick.  If you use this dog food, keep a close eye on your pet for any signs of illness that your dog did not have previously.  Try any other food and see if your dog's problems begin to lessen and disappear.  Would have saved hundreds in vet bills and my sanity if someone had informed me of Canidae's "New and Improved" formula.

You Get What You Pay For.

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have always believed that if you feed your dog the proper food with nutrition that they will be a happier dog and they will, ultimately, live longer. My mother raised me with two big dogs and they always ate Canidae food for dogs, including the wet food (we like to give them the canidae dry food once a day with a little wet food mixed in for some flavor for our dogs we love so much...). I grew up using the same values my mother taught me and now i only feed my two golden retrievers the best dog food that there is on the market... canidae. i would never feed my dog another type of food because i do not trust the quality ingredients in them. it is a proven fact that if dogs eat cheap dog food that they will not live longer due to health complications. I will never feed my dog anything but quality food, such as canidae. It is very important to feed your dog good food and to always give them enough exercise.

Cheapest among the series

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

TIP: For those who dont read the bag, if you snip off the barcode and collect 12 of it, you get a bag free!

I have been feeding my dogs canidae since I got them, so probably about 5 years. I have two chihuahuas and a crossbreed. Both my chihuahuas seem to develop tear stain but not my medium sized crossbreed. So I am guessing that this product probably only affect chihuahuas? I do not have fussy dogs so they never once 'ignored' the food. The ingredients in the food seems pretty decent and especially since this "all life stages" is available in a larger size thus cheaper than other brands, it is really worth it. I think it is a 4 stars dog food at a dog food review site. The food might be a little too big for chihuahua puppies though. I had to crush the food before feeding my chihuahua when she was 2-3 months old.

Overall, I gave an 8 because like I said, it gives my chihuahua tear stains and once I switch brands, I would monitor that again and if possible I would adjust the review accordingly.

Excellent High End Dog Food

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

The price is fair for the quality ingredients. I've compared it to other high end dog foods, and this brand is reasonable. Quality ingredients means smaller stools, and they actually will require smaller portions. The nutrients are more readily absorbed. I really like this product!
You can get this food in about any size bag, and they also offer canned, and they also make treats!

Quality of Ingredients
This dog food is made with quality , highly digestible ingredients. They also add omega 3 and glucosamine/chondroitin which is good for the skin. My dogs have been on the Lamb and Rice food for over a year now, and it has really made a difference! It's worth every penny.

Flavor Selection
I have only seen a few different varieties, (lamb and rice, chicken, and multi protein for All Life Stages, but my dogs seem to like all of them. They practically inhale it! I particularly like the lamb and rice for my dogs, because two of them have sensitive tummies.

Truly healthy!

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

I am very picky when it comes to picking dog foods - almost as picky as my dogs are! When I saw this brand, I was skeptical of their claims of natural, healthy dog foods. But when I fed it to my three Min Pins, they loved it! I have 2 senior dogs, and 1 dog that was overweight, so I needed something that would fit their needs perfectly. This was it! This food has exceeded my expectations! It keeps my dogs full until I get home from work, which is more than I can say about cheaper dog foods, which are packed full of questionable additives. I am very pleased with this product! It is slightly expensive, but when I feed my dogs Canidae I know that they are getting the nutrients that they need for a healthy, active body. Which is exactly what Min Pins require! Do not hesitate to buy this product. It is one of the best decisions you will make for your pups' health! Also, for dogs that have less than perfect teeth/gums, there is an equally healthy, quality food that is canned - sans questionable additives and preservatives.

Quality of Ingredients
With ingredients like vegetables, brown rice, and real meat - NOT byproducts - I know that my dogs are getting quality, nutritious food.

Flavor Selection
There is a variety of meat - and fish! - flavor choices for your dog! They will never get bored of the same old flavor day after day again!

• Flavor Selection:

Candidae makes my dog a HAPPY dog!

from Fort Atkinson, WI

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have had dogs all of my life and I must say that nothing is comparable to Canidae!!! I adopted a 2 year old dog last year and he has the most sensitive stomach and while it took him about 2 weeks to get used to the Canidae dog food....We have not had a problem since!He also had such a dull coat but after about a month of eating this food, he was so shiny and glossy it was almost unreal! While so many companies are trying to cut costs and replacing quality products with unsatisfactory fillers, Canidae has maintained a high level of quality and I feel good knowing that I am feeding my dog something that tastes good and is truly good for him. The price is a little higher than your average dog food, but my dog only eats half as much because he isn't getting full with all of the fillers other companies use. It is definitely worth the price to me. And I have a supplier of the food close to my home which is nice as well. Our dog thanks you Canidae!

My dogs love Canidae All Life Stages, dry 35lb bag

from Avon, OH

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

My two dogs love Canidae All Life Stages! I love this food for a few reasons. There are no corn products in this food. One of my dogs has allergy issues, the only thing we could narrow it down to was the corn. We had lots of ear infections and excessive chewing of his paws. Since switching to corn free products, these issues have been resolved. My dogs eat this food! They don't seem to get tired of it like some of the other foods we have used in the past. They are both at healthy weights and their overall health has been excellent. I had problems finding this in my local pet store a couple of years ago. I contacted Canidae and they were wonderful! They gave me a contact for a distributor for my area and we were able to get it shipped to my local Pet Supplies Plus. Our store now carries this all the time, no special ordering, yay! I also use PetFoodDirect online and have it delivered to our house. Usually cheaper to have it delivered from them with the discount codes available on their site.

• Flavor Selection:

Canidae is a good life long dog food

from Lake City, FL

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have fed Canadae to my dog since he was 8 weeks old.  He loves the taste and I never have to change his dog food.  It is a good dog food that most dogs love.  My dogs over all health has been great since I brought him home and there is no dought in my mind it is because of the nutritious food he eats.

Great Price Great Quality

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

This is probably the best dog food I can buy for my money.  While there are better brands out there (like some of the grain free ones), those are much more expensive and I can't afford them.   This has a great mixture of high quality ingredients.   It's more expensive then say Iams but the quality of the food is much better.   You should always try to feed your dog the best you can.   I do rescue and I have had all different types of dogs on this food, pugs, rottweilers, labs, great danes, etc.   I will say especially if you have a gassy dog please put them on a higher quality food you will see a reduction in the amount of gas.   My dogs coats are all better on this product and they have no problems eatting it.   One of the other things I like so much about this food it that it's good for all ages, doing rescue I never know if I am going to get a puppy or a senior in and I can use this food for both!   It does come in senior formula if you need it but you can easily use this for any age which is a huge plus.

Not worth it for the price

from Glendora, CA

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

My boyfriend insists that we only feed our 16 month old pitbull terrier Canidae dog food because it has no animal by-product and human grade ingredients. However, it is very expensive and our dog does not seem to like the dry variety of Canidae. Don't get me wrong, she'll eat it, but sometimes she will stand by her bowl looking hungry even though her bowl will be full and she will not resort to eating it until hours later. So although I like the fact that I know I am feeding my dog food made with quality, healthy ingredients, for the ridiculously expensive price that I pay for Canidae All Life Stages dry dog food, I would expect my dog to love it. If my boyfriend did not insist on feeding her only Canidae, I would no longer purchase dry food made by Canidae. My dog does not seem to like it very much and I even feel bad about it at times. So basically the only positive attribution to Canidae's dog food in my opinion is the health factor.

Canidae ALS is high quality dog food!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about CANIDAE All Life Stages Formula Dry Dog Food:

I adopted my dog from a rescue group when she was three. At the time, she was eating some generic brand of food. It was ok, but I knew there was something out there that was better for her. For a few months in 2007, I worked in the office of a dog training facility. The trainers there recommended Canidae. My dog loved it, and still does! There are not as many fillers as other foods, it's natural, and has more protein. Another plus that the trainers told me, and although this may be kind of gross, is that because there are fewer fillers, the dogs defecate less. And it's true! Gross, but it's nice she only has to do that once a day now! The only con about Canidae All Life Stages is that it can be a little expensive. But I will continue to pay for the high quality of food and my dog's excellent health as a result.