3.4

Campbell's Soup at Hand

3.4

Yes and No

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

I have had a couple different Campbell's Soup at Hand varieties over the years. At first, I thought it was a great idea. (I practically drink my tomato soup out of a mug anyways.) And so, I tried the tomato Soup at Hand was found it was easy to drink, as well. However, I didn't enjoy the other flavors with noodles, stars, etc. It seemed more difficult to drink those through the opening and they were even modified to make the noodles smaller, but it was just not the experience/taste I was expecting.

Also, there is a noticeable smell from the insulated material in the cup when heated. Finally, the cup comes with a lid to sip your soup through, but what really bothers me is that this lid sits exposed on top of the cup of soup at the store and gets handled by all sorts of people before you take it home and put your mouth on it. It is just disgusting! So, I always wash mine before drinking out of it.

So Good

from TN

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

I love this soup it makes lunchtime so much easier, I don't even have to use a bowl with Campbell soup at hand. All I have to do to cook this soup is take off the lid, pull off the cover, stick it in the microwave for a little over a minute, stir my soup and I'm finished. You can get this soup in all kinds of different flavors, my kids love chicken & stars, I love the tomato. Campbell soup at hand is a great soup for those cold days when you need something warm and tasty.

tastes fine, sometimes have issues with microwaving

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

The chicken and stars variety of this soup is the one I get; it tastes similar to the canned variety, and I actually like drinking my soup. I've had several issues when microwaving this soup however; the base is thinner than the top, so it's tipped over more often than not. When I got sick of that happening, I would just pour the soup into a microwave safe bowl and heat it that way, thus defeating the purpose of paying a higher price for this container.

Good idea, lousy execution.

Tips Over in the Microwave!

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

The product is fine, but there's a microwaving problem. Even with the oven power level reduced, it often happens that a bubble is generated within the soup that bursts and causes the container to tip over. I've seen this happen several times. Wrote the company and all they do is say thanks for the feedback and send some coupons.
The container is too top-heavy. I like the product but after a few ruined lunches I find the product is unreliable and so avoid it.

Easy and tasty

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

Though my husband (who hasn't tried it) thinks it's disgusting to 'drink' your soup from a can, I love the convienence, the ease, the quickness and the taste.  I have always stuck with tomatoe as I don't know about drinking noodles and chicken and things, but the tomato is tasty and allows me to keep going on my busy schedule and still get something healthy and low-calorie to eat.

big NO on the chicken with mini noodles

from Stafford, VA

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

I had the Chicken with Mini Noodles (Chicken with Mini Round Noodles) and it was not appetizing at all. The broth was ok, but the noodles were so tiny and they felt like little maggots in my mouth! Totally grossed me out.  If they were larger noodles it would not have bothered me so bad, but they about a centimeter in diameter. Maybe I will stick with tomato soup next time.

Campbell's Soup at Hand defeats the whole purpose

from Crestline, CA

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

Campbell's Soup at Hand is a good idea, but poorly executed.  You would expect that a microwaveable cup with a drinking spout built in would be designed for use on the go without a spoon.  But the directions themselves instruct the user to "stir" the soup after a certain amount of microwave time.  Since I did not have a spoon I had a problem.  I tried drinking the soup without stirring, but it was very hot in parts and cold in others.  So, I tried to put my thumb over the opening in the "sippy cup" top and shake it, but only got a burned thumb for my trouble.  I finally managed to use office tape to seal the hole and shake the soup.  It was not exactly the convenient travel soup I was hoping for.  Campbell's needs to make this soup packaging in such a way that you can shake it to stir it.  Until then, there's no point to this soup in hand as it still requires an implement to use!  By the way, the soup tastes fine, just like Campbell's always does.

Soup at Hand is handy, but I still like a spoon.

from southern, NC

Comments about Campbell's Soup at Hand:

The new Soup at Hand soups by Campbell's are a good idea. They come in microwave containers so can be taken to work or on trips and heated up and eaten right in the container.

Actually, it's says on the container that you can just drink the soup from the container. I would be unlikely to drink a soup. I really like to eat my soup with a spoon. Genereally I go for the chicken soups with stars or noodles. Kind of hard to drink. Even in the creamy versions, I still like a spoon.  It's not a big deal to take a plastic spoon along with the Soup at Hand container. Still super convenient.

They only offer a few of these at the local IGA, and they just got them in recently. There were a couple of the chicken and a couple of the creamy soups. They may offer the whole line of Campbell's soups, but I'm not sure about that. It would be a good though.

The flavors are like the traditional Campbell's soups in the cans. Very close. I probably would not guess it wasn't the canned soup if it was served in a bowl. Familiar. Nice now and then.

The container is taller and slimmer than the cans, and the weight is lighter. It's perfect to slide in a larger sized purse, backpack, or briefcase. I'll definately be taking soup more often to work when I go back in the fall.