Other Exercise & Fitness Accessories:
CamelBak Water Bottle

CamelBak Water Bottle

Pros

Cons

This product makes my water worth drinking

I think this water bottle is one of the better water bottles I've ever had. The water doesn't taste terrible like tap water does. I don't even like bottled water anymore. I do have to say the filters don't go as long as I personally would like them to. This particular bottle is a hard plastic, and doesn't last very wrong especially when you drop it. I dropped one a while back and it cracked and I could no longer use it. I would personally recommend using the other brita water bottles especially if you are as clumsy as I am. I can't even remember the last time I drank water out of a glass. I like brita so much haven't bothered to try any other purifiers. I have been using brita purifed water bottles for nearly two years. I have informed my whole family and they all have tried brita products. None of them have had to say anything negative about the company. Except that maybe the products, especially the filters are a little bit pricey. But you do save a lot verses paying for bottled water. I definitely recommend this product to anyone, and everyone.

Not as good as it seems.

I work in a business that takes students on outdoor trips, and there are few 'big brands' that are suggested and Camelbak is one of them. I had thought that such a highly spoken of brand would deliver a quality product, but they have fallen short. A friend purchased a very nice looking Camelbak water bottle for me because I travel frequently as well and the thought was that this could benefit me. Instead, I am left with a water bottle that does not easily come apart, and therefore becomes moldy very rapidly. Another downfall is that it is not leakproof at all. The portion of the straw that you suck on does not stay flat against the water bottle. It has a tendency to remain upwards which makes it leak even more water. I thought maybe it was just mine, but EVERY person I have met who owns a water bottle from this company has experienced the same things. These are not cheap and price should match quality. It unfortunately does not.

love camelbak water bottles

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

When i buy water bottles I look for this brand water bottles since they look great, they do their job, and is affordable especially if you look on amazon. My boyfriend and I have lots of water bottles and majority of them are carmelbak and we recently got our three year old a small one we got for really cheap in the clearance section at target. So i guess you can say we are camelbak fans. Especially when I was pregnant I carried that water bottle everywhere from home and also when i had to work and when i was out and about. So i love it. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great looking and affordable and reliable water bottle. They made great white elephant gifts and gift in general. I have given them as gifts and they loved it. I would be happy to receive them as gifts. I am planning to get my parents some for valentines and anniversary combo gift. I think they will love it especially since its useful.

Loved, it got nasty, then the excellent company replaced it!

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

First let me begin by saying that Camelbak is an amazing company. They provide a lifetime warranty, and then they actually honor it.

My Camelbak is my favorite way to get all the water I need in a day without filling landfills with plastic waste.

After about a year of using my Camelbak daily, I noticed a nasty gunk building up in the straw and mouthpiece. I also could tell there was a snall hole letting air in through the mouthpiece when I would drink. I went online to submit my warranty claim. The process was a breeze. They quickly sent me a replacement straw and mouthpiece that worked perfectly.

Obviously even the best products can't last forever, but this company makes it so your initial small investment really does last forever. I am also a big fan of the Groove with the built in filter. Love their products! I have one, my husband has one, and we have plans to buy one for our almost three year old daughter soon. Perfect for walking, camping or just drinking water around the house.

Awesome Idea, With some drawbacks

from Illinois

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

I love my Camelbak water bottle. It is an extremely unique concept, and allows me to have easy access to my water at work, where it has to be spill proof. Because of the design, I don't have to touch the mouthpiece and that pleases me, because as a cashier, your're handling fairly filthy currency, which can and will get you sick at some point or another (somewhat higher than any other job I've had, I've been sick) and unless you don't care about the frequency of sickness, this makes the water bottle irreplaceable. My biggest problems with this product, is its mouthpiece, which is what makes it so unique. I worry about sanitation and still have found no real way to clean it out. Perhaps the company could come out with a way to clean the inside easier.

Also the first several weeks, despite cleaning daily, it tasted mildly of plastic. This was unpleasant, though not a deal breaker for me, because of its cleaner design, and because it tasted better than most bottled water to me. I'm unsure if the taste has gone away, or if I've just grown used to it.

The Best Waterbottle EVER

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

This water bottle is perfect in every way. It is sleek and fits into any average size holder. It makes drinking those 8 glasses a day that much easier. The size is perfect, I just wish the bite valve had more life. It does need to be replaced every once in a while.

Great all-around bottle.

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

Overall its a great water bottle for both hiking and everyday use. It is durable and doesn't spill. The cap has an easy clipon area for clipping your bottle to your backpack for easy transport while hiking. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 was it can be difficult to clean at times; especially if you put in something other than water which can create mold growth. Like i said to start with though, great overall bottle to make sure you never go thirsty.

It's a nice water bottle

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

I usually go through water bottles like a baby goes through diapers. However, I've purchased this water bottle 5 months ago, and I'm still using it! It's convenient to carry around, spill-proof design, and the bite valve is very nice. My only problem with it so far, is that it's a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for! Cleaning the bottle is very simple. Just take off the bite valve, and pull out the straw, stick them into the bottle with a little soap, fill it with water, screw the lid on, give it a little shake, and let it sit for 15 minutes. The outside can be cleaned with a little soap water and a cloth. Unfortunately, the bottle doesn't keep my water cool, so I have to place it in a cool area, which isn't that much of a bottle. Also, this bottle can be used for flavored drinks (sports drinks, packets that you pour into water, Crystal Light, etc.). My old water bottle got ruined by my cousin since she decided to pour Kool-Aid in it, and some of it got absorbed into the filter. With this water bottle, it can easily be cleaned out and removed.

Camelback eddy

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

I love this water bottle. It works just like it should and it can screw right into my water filtrating apparatus. I like the amount if water it holds too. The only downside to this water bottle is that the mouthpiece doesn't stay down sometimes and when it doesn't it can get bumped and let water escape.

Best water bottle ever!

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

I have been using CamBak products for years. I have two reservoirs and three of their water battles. I absolute love them. They are very high quality and durable. They can take a little abuse and will last for a very long time. I run mine through the dishwasher all the time, without any problems. Using these can even be a little addicting. I'm not a doctor by any means - but, I actually think that drinking from a straw with a little back pressure has been good for my sinuses and allergies.

I love this water bottle.

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

This is my favorite water bottle! I take it with me every where. I can honestly say that I enjoy drinking from it. It makes drinking water fun. This water bottle has made me a lover of H20. I enjoy lifting up the straw and taking a sip. I also like that the bottle comes with a clip attached to it. I can attach my water bottle to my lunch box or to my backpack if I am going on a walk. It is very strong so I don't have to worry about it falling off and breaking. Which, I doubt it would do anyway. This bottle is very strong and durable. The plastic is hard and very strong. I also like that the water bottle is sealed tight. I hate water bottles that spill and leak. It can really make a mess. I have never had this problem with this water bottle though. Another great thing is it's straw. I can get every bit of water out of the bottle without having to turn it upside down or lean it at a strange angle.

Convenient sports bottle with lots of options.

Comments about CamelBak Water Bottle:

I've been using these CamelBak bottles for quite a while now. The first thing that I noticed when I bought mine was how sturdy it is, compared to other plastic bottles. It feels solid and durable in the hand. There is absolutely no thought in my mind about the bottle breaking if I were to drop it. I have a 24 ounce size, and another great thing is that the bottle is available in different sizes. You may have a child or maybe you have a bag that won't fit a bottle. No problem. They have plenty of options. Several colors to choose from, too, although color doesn't matter much to me. The bite valve takes a bit of getting used to, or I'd rate this product a 10. Another handy feature is you can take this bottle almost completely apart, for cleaning. It has a wide mouth for filling with ice cubes. I hike and jog often, and my bottle is always with me. There is also a loop on the top where you can hang it from a carabiner if you want. It has a flat, wide base, so there should be no stability problems setting the bottle on a table or bench. I've noticed other bottles sometimes have a more rounded base, and can tip over in the wind.

I highly recommend this bottle to anyone who needs one. It can seem a bit pricey, but it is high quality, and I've been using them for years. None have failed me so far.