Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:

Cons

Great Cooking Utensils

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

These utensils are very durable. They are made of a high quality nylon material that is very heat resistant. I have purchased the starter set and added several other pieces to my set over the last year. They do not scratch your non-stick coated pans but strong enough to withstand serving heavy foods without bending. I sometimes lie them on the glass stovetop and I have not had one melt yet. The design of these utensils is very modern but will match any kitchen theme or décor. The handle has a non-slip design so you can hold on to them even if you are wearing an oven mitt. They are dishwasher safe and food does not stick to them, especially cheese. There are several pieces available for purchase so there is a utensil for every job in this collection. The soup ladle is one of the biggest I have seen and makes serving soup a breeze. I suggest them to anyone who loves to cook efficiently.

They are dishwasher safe.

They are strong and heat resistant.

They are modern but will also match any kitchen décor.

great utensil set

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

The calphalon Nylon utensil set includes a ladle, pasta form, two spatulas, and a spoon. All five of these utensils include a soft grip that makes it easy to hold when cooking. They are also heat resistant to high temperatures. I would highly recommend this utensil set for people who use these utensils often. While more expensive, I have had this set for almost four years, and they are still in great condition. This is a great buy!

These utensils are easy to clean. I do not have issues with food remaining in the crevices or staying on, even if I do not wash the utensils right away. these utensils are dishwasher safe; i have put them on the top rack for best results.

These utensils are very durable and have lasted many years and uses. they feel very firm and i have had no issues using them when cooking. even when I use them to stir or flip heavier objects, there is no issue.

Despite How They Look, They Last And Perform Well

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

We have two crocks of utensils near our stove with everything in them from stainless steel to wood. Someone for a Christmas gift gave us a crock filled with Calphalon Nylon Utensils. We got a variety of untensils from a ladle to spoons to turners and noodle servers. The bottom of the utensils is a black nylon which is not supposed to scratch sensitive cooking surfaces like Teflon.

We don't have any Teflon or non stick surfaces as a rule, as we use mostly cast iron and stainless steel cookware, but we use the Calphalon Nylon untensils anyway. We have used them for two years now and have not had any issues with melting or hot handles.

Although the finish seems to have dulled a bit from when they were new, these are easy to clean and do not seem to have any issues that frustrate me when cleaning them.

My husband has a habit of putting utensils on the edge of pans that are hot or leaving them in areas that have melted some of my favorite spoons and turners. So far, no matter what my husband has done with them, these utensils have lasted and not melted or fallen apart.

Even though these have lasted well, I still prefer stainless steel or wood in most cases, but these utensils have lasted nicely and served us well the last couple of years. For some reason even though they don't melt, I still feel funny using plastic looking utensils. It does not really mean I don't like them though. They perform well and are designed nicely so that the handles don't get hot too.

Down with plastic, up with Calphalon!

from Billings, MT

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

I have to admit that I have older Calphalon utensils, but I love them (love them!!). Not a day goes by that I don't have one or more drying in the drainer and one in the sink. Durable, easy to clean, useful in just about any cooking situation and there's pretty much one (or more) different shape for whatever use you have; it's hard to beat Calphalon. My only 2 minor issues (very minor really) is that I dare not use them on my stainless steel cookware, as they will melt easily when I'm cooking something hot and fast (so I just use my stainless utensils...no biggie). And, I learned the hard way not to put my Calphalon measuring cups in the microwave to warm/heat anything with a higher melting point or density. The cups WILL melt...lol...lesson learned. Nonetheless, I will never part with my Calphalon...they are forever. :-)

Sometimes those little slots can be tough, but I need a little workout now and then.

Have only had 1 piece break in more than 10 years, and that was mostly my own fault (the salad tongs).

Absolutely love them

Great Utensils

from Novi, MI

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

Calphalon Utensils are awesome!  The majority of our larger utensils are the Calphalon brand and we are very happy with them.  The utensils are a bit on the pricey side, but I think well worth it.  These utensils are nice looking and work great.  Food doesn't stick to the utensils and after use they are very easy to clean.  With my old utensils that were just some cheap off brand, food was always getting slimy and stuck to the utensils and needing to be soaked to come clean.  Especially eggs!  With the Calphalon brand I have had no issue with these problems.  The nylon end also doesn't scratch my pans like some of my old utensils used to do.  The nylon is gentle so it avoids scratching and marking up the bottoms.  Helps prolong the life of my utensils and my pots and pans.  The handle on the Calphalon utensils also has a nice soft grip on it so it's not uncomfortable to cook with.  I love that they don't melt under high heat like some of my other cheaper utensils used to do.  Another great feature is that I can put them in the dishwasher if I want to.  Another way some of my old utensils have bit the dust in the past.  A little pricey, but WELL worth it in the long run!  Highly recommend!

Fantastic

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Calphalon Nylon Utensils:

Caphalon non-stick utensils are amazing.  There is no other brand, is there?  If I ever have to replace these I will buy Caphalon again and again and again and again.  I wouldn't own another set of utensils. You probably get that by now.  But I am trying to make a point here, a very strong one.  These are the best ever. They are super easy to clean, extremely dependable, heat resistant, affordable, and they look great, etc. They don't ever wear out  They take a beating and keep on going.  Clearly, I recommend the Caphalon utensils all of them and none other. They are cost efficient.  We received them as a wedding gift over 8 years ago and have not had to replace one of them yet.  I don't anticipate that happening any time soon either.  They are sleek and reliable day after day after day.  I use them all the time.  Go get them.  You won't be sorry. Treat yourself.  Unlike a pedicure/manicure, these last forever.