Other Cookwares:
Cookware Sets, Pans, Pots, Saute Pan, Skillets & Griddles
Calphalon
Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces)

Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces)

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

Calphalon is the gold standard of cookware.

I have several pieces of Calphalon cookware, and love them all.  If cared for well, they will last a lifetime.  Calphalon cookware lends itself to even cooking and easy clean up.  I am in the process of replacing all of my cookware with Calphalon.  The price is kind of high, but it is well worth it, as this is easily the best cookware I've ever worked with.  While I may not recommend this for an inexperienced or casual cook, any serious cook should look into using Calphalon products.  I started using them 5 years ago, and have never had any problems with them.  I buy open stock pans, to offset the price tag, and purchase when on sale, making the investment less costly.

Calphalon Nonstick Cookware underwhelms me

We recieved 4 Calphalon nonstick cookware pieces for our wedding about five years ago: an 8 inch skillet, a 10 inch skillet, a 12x12 griddle, and a 16" wok.  I had heard so many good things about Calphalon that when we registered, I insisted we register for these pieces.  I really wanted to love them, but their durability really disappoints me.  They may cook evenly, but I have found the "nonstick" claim to be quite a JOKE!  You still have to use a decent amount of fat to cook in these, especially if you want fried eggs that aren't completely stuck to the skillet.  The part that really disappoints me though is that the non-stick material started flaking off after only a year or two.  When you are paying that kind of money for a cookware piece, it should last much much longer than that.  I'm not incredibly rough on my skillets either.  I do put them in the dishwasher, but they are dishwasher safe, and I even go to the trouble of store them with towels inside to keep them from getting scratched and yet still they flake and chip!  Truly a disappointing product!

It seems as though if you use a dishwasher with these, you can kiss the nonstick coating goodbye.

Calphalon nonstick 5 quart dutch oven

from Milwaukee

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I was looking for a dutch oven that can go on a burner on the stove. Then also in the oven. This Calphalon one fits the bill for my needs. I have gotten lots of use out of this dutch oven. I can brown off a pot roast. Then finish roasting it in the oven. I've made soups, stews, chili and other foods in this pot. It holds up well.

Doesn't Stick
This pot is very nonstick. More so than other nonstick pots and pans I have. I just would not use metal utensils in it. Thinking it might scratch the pan. Ruining the nonstick surface. I have had things in my pan that got a little over cooked. But it still was so nonstick that baked on stuff came off with ease.

Heat Distribution
This dutch oven has very good heat distribution. No hot spots.

Ease of Handling
Very easy to use. Very lightweight.

Not very hard to clean at all. I would not use a metal scrubby in this pan. Well you don't really need one anyways. Just regular dish soap and water and a dish rag are all you need to clean this pot.

I think the pot is very durable.

Calphalon Cookware - Heavy Duty and Long Lasting

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

Recently when I was examining several different brands of pans, an older woman walked by and strongly suggested that Calphalon was by far the best choice for quality. I took her advice and after one use, realized why she was so emphatic. This is indeed a very good quality line of cookware.

In comparison to some of the other cookware I own, Calphalon does a much better job at cooking evenly and without burning. The bottom of the Calphalon pan is very thick, and you can feel the dramatic weight difference between the pans. It it no too heavy to lift, mind you, but it has a nice weight that just feels solid.

Once I tried cooking the exact same dish in both pans, using the exact same methods. While the other pan turned the bottom of the dish into an unsavory crispy and dark brown consistency, my Calphalon pan cooked it perfectly. It is tough to burn something in these pans, unless you just leave it cooking way to long.

I do not love the teflon coating, but for some cookware, this is almost unavoidable.

• Ease of Handling:

Calphalon makes awesome cookware!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I've owned lots of brands of cookware. I like to try new things, find better ways of doing anything. Especially when it comes to cooking because I'm not exactly a gourmet chef. Of the different kinds of pots and pans I've owned, Calphalon makes some of my favorites.
Their non-stick cookware is really pretty fantastic. It's nice and sturdy, the handles never seem to get loose like a lot of pots and pans. I really hate that, I know it's just a matter of getting a screw driver and tightening the screw(s) but it's still one of those little things that really annoys me.
These all cook really well, they clean up really well too. They're just really great quality pieces all around.

The super non-stick coating makes clean up easy.

These all look very nice. Definitely nice enough to hang on a pot rack in the kitchen!

I believe these pots and pans will stand the test of time. They're just made way too well not to do so.

• Ease of Handling:

Some of my most favorite cookware

from Lone Tree, CO

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

The Simply Calphalon nonstick cookware is perfect for my cooking style. I have a great set of cookware that is not nonstick but I always reach for the Calphalon for an easy cleanup and for the perfect fit to what I am preparing. And it looks great as well. The lids are glass and the handles are not only attractive but very easy to hold on to when moving the cookware around. I will be buying more and more of this brand and style as time goes on.

Doesn't Stick
Easy, easy, cleanup and absolutely no sticking.

Ease of Handling
It is very easy to move around and use. Heavy enough that you know you have a quality product but not so heavy that you can't manage it.

Calphalon Nonstick Cookware underwhelms me

from Conway Springs, KS

• Ease of Handling:

One pan...so many options!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

Calphalon cookwear is relatively new to my kitchen collection...in fact, as of right now I only have one. But that one is favored so much so that I thought it worth it to write an entire review on it and recommed the Calphalon name to anyone starting a cookware collection from scratch (brides - put this on your registry!!!), add to their previous one, or replacing pieces of an existing one. We are the proud owners of the Calphalon non-stick panini grill and press and we use it for everything from panini's (it's original intent) to grilling (when its too cold to use the grill outside). It is rectangular shaped so even on a smaller burner you are able to expand your cooking area. And, being addicted to efficiency, I especially love that it is so easy to clean, although you have to be careful in your choice of utensils used on the surface (like any non-stick surface). It has proved very durable so even though it's pricy initailly it will last beyond its worth.

Calphlon is the BEST cookware I've ever used!

from Shelbyville, KY

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I absolutely LOVE my Calphlon cookware!  It cooks everything so well, and fast.  It did take a small adjustment on my part to get use to using them.  They heat up evenly and quickly on my glass cooktop.

I would (and have) recommended Calphalon to everybody!  If there is a down-side, it would have to be the lack of open-stock in retail stores.  I would really like to add to my sauce pans, but can't find them easily and they are usually priced too high for my pocket.

The non-stick feature is probably the best I've ever seen and clean up is so easy.  I never put mine through the dishwasher since that is recommended by Calphalon.  In the 3 years of use, they still look almost new!

I cook every night and I'll never use another set of cookware!

from Venice, CA

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I've had non-stick, tephlon, stainless... it all falls short of what it promisses. This set of cookware is right on the money. Even if I forgot to put oil in the pan it still wouldnt stick like tephlon or stainless does. Cleaning just takes a bit of hot water and a sponge - no arm work out with these pots.

Calphalon Pots/Pans-Just amazing; can take a beating and more!

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I have many Calphalon non stick and hard anodized utensils and I have to admit sometimes they do get a little harsh treatment when am busy.

But, these have been so faithful always. The even cooking is amazing. I don't have to ever worry about the bottom sticking and burning. Also, I love the glass lids that close the pots- lets you see through without having to let all the cooking steam out.

I can happily multi-task while using these babies beacause I know they hold up their end of the bargain. Buying a set brand new maybe a costly affair for many, but a smart shopper would know to get them at discounted stores... Also, buying them while on sale individually might not take a pinch on your pocket.

Awesome for the price!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Calphalon Nonstick Cookware (Various pieces):

I have been using Calphalon for many years now, and for the price, it is definitely the best. I own several nonstick pieces, and 2 stainless steel skillets that I have had for about 5 years, and still look almost brand new. This cookware is fairly heavy, but that also means that it retains its heat a lot better than competing brands.

I find that their non-stick pots and pans are excellent, however, I do prefer my All Clad pieces over the Calphalon stainless steel. The quality of All Clad seems to be a bit better than Calphalon; I like the handles on All Clad more, and it seems more easy to cook with. My eggs also seem to turn out a lot better when I use All Clad. Although, that is also justified in AC's prices.

Calphalon is still great though, and would recommend their non-stick pieces!