Other Cookwares:
Cookware Sets
Calphalon
Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces)

Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces)

Pros

Cons

I like my Calphalon

I obviously like my Calphalon because I keep buying more pieces and replacing ones that have seen better  cooking days.  I love the nonstick finish however, I didn't initially know to let it cool off before putting it in hot water to wash it.  I was recently told this be a salesperson when I mentioned that one of my skillets was losing its nonstick finish.  She said it damamges it to put it directly in hot water- not sure why- it doesn't make sense to me but I want to keep the nonstick finish on so I'm following through and so far- so good.  I have about 10 different pots and skillets by Calphalon and really like all of them.  My 10 inch skillet gets a lot of use and my large pot also gets a good work out.  I put the lids in the dishwasher to prevent water spots and they come out and look brand-new.  I have recommended these to many friends and everyone is pleased.  I want my next purchase to be a saute skillet- very large but I'm holding off to see what new will be available close to holidays.

Be careful--it's not as good as I had hoped

My husband bought me a large Simply Calphalon skillet and a flat Simply Calphalon pancake skillet for Christmas several years ago.  I loved baking with them at first--they were easy to clean, and the food didn't stick.  After a while, I started getting irritated because certain areas would cook quickly, and others would take three times as long to cook.  I realized this happened because the handle was so heavy, it made the entire skillet lean to compensate.  After a couple years of using these pans almost daily, I noticed the food began to stick.  I thought I had food residue that had built up, but after cleaning it several times, I realized the anodized surface had been slowly wearing away, and I was cooking on bare metal, which had started to rust.  I have now stopped using it completely, and have packaged it up to send back for the 10-year-warranty.  Hopefully they will be able to replace it, and it won't happen again.

Coating came off in little flecks

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I don't understand all the positive reviews for Calphalon. It has been the single greatest disappointment of all the cookware I have ever owned. I do a tremendous amount of cooking and have worked with many a non-stick pan. My 4 quart Calphalon sauteuse, despite its expense and claims of greatness, began to shed its nonstick coating within six months of purchase. Just inexcusable.

Doesn't Stick
Sure, as long as the coating is intact your food wont stick. When the coating starts to shed in hairy little fibers into your food, well, then it's not so good.

Heat Distribution
Once the surface is ruined, heat distribution is obviously affected, with food sticking to the degraded sections and further tearing away particles of nonstick coating.

Ease of Handling
I wouldn't mind a heavy, cumbersome pan if it withstood basic wear and tear.

As the coating scraped off, so too did the ease with which I could clean the pan without further damage.

Pretty to look at. So what if it lasts 6 months?

For such a high-end pricey piece of equipment to shed its nonstick coating within months is just disgraceful. I would never buy calphalon again.

best cookware!

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I got this set for my wedding and I have used them almost everyday for the past 3 years.

Doesn't Stick
For being non-stick cookware I am a little disappointed in this product. I feel like the food sticks more than it should but I am also aware that no cookware is perfect and I still love the product.

Heat Distribution
I am very happy with the heat distribution of my cookware. Of course it would probably be even better if the burners on my stove were in better condition.

Ease of Handling
These pots and pans handle like a dream. They are just heavy enough without being too heavy.

If these pans get too greasy or food gets cooked on it takes a lot of elbow grease to get them clean. But as long as you get them washed up before that happens they clean up better than any other pots and pans I have ever used! Mine are a little stained but I use them a lot!

I really love the design of these pots and pans. I love the way they look and the way they are put together.

These pans are just heavy enough to be very durable. And the lids are really durable too!

• Ease of Handling:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I have the larger pot in this collection from Calphalon. It was definitely a little pricier than the similarly sized ones from other brands, but it also looked the most sturdy. It is a heavy pot, and I love that about it because I know it will last a long time. I was looking for a larger pot that my current collection of cookware didn't include. I am now thinking that I need to own the whole Calphalon set! They cook great, and I have never had an item of food burn. They are also easy to clean. They are super quality and I know that I will own my pot for years and years to come.

Doesn't Stick
I love that the pot I own never has food stick to it.

Heat Distribution
Great heat distribution. It really cooks all of the food in it totally equally.

Ease of Handling
It is a heavier piece of cookware, but I love that it is sturdy.

It is easy to clean, as all food comes off so quickly.

I love the sleek and modern design.

Super durable. You get what you pay for!

Awesome cookware!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I own a modge podge of cookware. I some very inexpensive pan that I keep around, ones I've had since I first moved out on my own. In the last five years I've come to acquire some better pieces and one of my favorites is the Calphalon frying pan. It's quite large, and the non- stick coating is some of the best I've come across. It has withstood many meals being cooked in it and many hand washings. (I don't have a dishwasher, so I can't say whether it not that would be good for this cookware or not.) I had a friend tell me to be sure to let it cool before soaking it, so that may also be a reason that it's held up so well. The handle is a "cool touch" one so it doesn't get got while you're using the stove. That's definitely a big plus.

Heat Distribution
Calphalon cookware heats evenly and cooks food thoroughly.

These pots and pans all look very nice, they're quality cookware and they look like it.

Calphalon cookware seems to be very durable.

Calphalon 10-Piece Cookware Set

from Newburgh, NY

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

Five years ago we received the Calphalon 10-Piece Cookware Set as an anniversary gift from my parents and as of today the set is in mint condition. We have used the entire 10 piece set at every major holiday especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas and we have not had any problems with wear and tear over the years. The cookware easily heats up within minutes to start cooking. Calphalon manufactures high quality cookware that is durable and elegant in the kitchen.

Doesn't Stick
I have not encountered any sticking problem with Calphalon, however for those cooks who like to multi-task while cooking, I would recommend low flame. Burning your food while watching television could cause an issue with sticking.

Heat Distribution
Calphalon cookware has excellent heat distribution.

Ease of Handling
The cookware is sturdy and lightweight when handling during your cooking.

Cleaning this cookware is simply an ease with soap and water. Never any scrubbing of the cookware.

The design is clean and elegant.

Calphalon has great durability in cookware.

a good brand

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

Calphalon is a very good brand. I have several skillets and pans that are from this brand and they are all excellent. I especially like my omelette skillets. They are non stick and I can fry eggs in them without busting the yolk open, which is a must for me because it is my favorite part of a fried egg. Eggs tend to stick in many of the so called "non stick" pans, so I am happy that these are truly non stick. They are very good quality and seem to be very durable. They are very easy to clean also. They are very easy to scratch and ruin the non stick coating if you use metal cooking implements in them, so I only use the soft coated ones or wooden ones when I cook in these. I like that Calphalon has a wide variety of pans, pots and skillets available, My husband and I are both avid cooks and he loves this brand also. We have several pieces. It is not the least expensive brand, but it isn't the most expensive either. The cookware is well worth the price you pay for it.

• Ease of Handling:

Calphalon cookware will stand the test of time

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I have owned various pieces for over twenty years and it still looks like new. It is used everyday by me and my family and we love it. After owning calphalon, I will never own another piece of cookware. I have burned food in it and it has soak out without a stain.

Doesn't Stick
If you buy the non stick cookware it does not stick.

Ease of Handling
Food cooks great at a lower temperature

I find it easy to clean

calphalon cookware

from Hartman, AR

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

Some of the best cookware I have ever owned. I own a lot of cook ware and these are easy to clean, easy to cook with. You can use calphalon cookware with any stove type. it does not matter if you have an electric, gas, glass, flat top stove, these calphalon cookware will work on your stove. It does not matter what level of cook you are these are for all cook levels from beginner to expert cook.

Doesn't Stick
Calphalon does not stick your food will not stick in this cookware.

Heat Distribution
Heat is distributed evenly across the bottom so the food is cooked evenly.

Ease of Handling
very easy to handle, not heavy but not light either. you can pick them up with one hand easily.

So easy to clean you will want to use these very time you cook.

the design is great, different size of pots and skillets. there is one for you for every need you have. they also come with lids so it is easy to keep foods hot.

Will last for years and you will want to tell your friends about it.

• Ease of Handling:

Great pans for the price

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I have used these pots and pans for over 10 years. They have taken abuse from harsh cleaning as well as being dropped. The lids are very sensitive to falls! At least one of my lids has dented on the inside rim.

Doesn't Stick
These are not stick free. I have found that I still need PAM or another way to keep food from sticking.

Heat Distribution
These items do have good heat distribution but the larger pans do not have equal heat at the edges. They also do not hold heat as well as an iron skillet.

Ease of Handling
The pots and pans are not heavy and designed to be stable on the stove. You cannot put this pan under a broiler for browning without great care,

The pots clean easily but do not use steel wool or other more abrasive items. It will damage the nonstick coating.

I like the extra handles that make it easier to lift the pans after cooking when filled.

It is definitely time to replace mine. The nonstick finish is scratched and some of my tops are bent.

• Ease of Handling:

These pots & pans will last forever, plus they are made in USA.

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Calphalon Cookware (Various pieces):

I have had my pots & pans for over ten years and they still look good. They are on the heavy side. Takes some adjusting if you were using lesser quality pots & pans. The only problem I have had when cooking with them is when I try to make caramel for flan. The pots are too dark to see when the caramel is done.