4.9

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Handling:

Love the shape of this little pan!

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

We registered for this pan along with almost the entire line of Contemporary pots and pans. This is probably my favorite piece out of all of them to use. Its deep enough for sauces, mac and cheese, heating soups and even cooking chicken! Its perfect for when I'm stuck cooking for one while my husband it traveling - not too big, not too small and easy to clean.

Doesn't Stick
Never had a problem with anything sticking. The bolts to the handle need to be scrubbed well if food got on them, but its not too bad.

Heat Distribution
It takes a bit to get used to where to set the heat when you first start using these pots and pans. They heat evenly and quickly, so if a recipe calls for medium heat its a good idea to err on the side of low-medium heat instead. Just takes some trial and error to get used to.

Easy to clean, just which I could put it in the dishwasher.

Stacks nicely with my other pots since its a bit wider than the other ones.

Been using since 2008 and it still looks good. There are a few scratches and discolorations, but this happens to all cookware if its used everyday.

Great sauce pan

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

The calphalon contemporary nonstick 2.5 quart shallow sauce pan is a great pan to have for any cookware collection. This pan is a great size for heating and cooking sauces to accompany your dishes. It features Calphalon's nonstick technology, making it easy to cook and clean. The pan comes with a see through lid, so you do not have to peek at your sauce, and can allow it to simmer and stay heated. The pan features a long handle making it easy to transport your sauces, as well

The pan is very easy to clean; since it is nonstick, there is rarely any excess sauce left on the sides of the pans. it typically takes a minute to rinse and santize the pans by hand. it is not recommended to put the calphalon nonstick pans in teh dishwasher.

The calphalon nonstick pans are very durable. I have had my set for four years, and I use them almost daily. I have had no issues and I highly recommend them

Always looking for a good Sauce Pan-- Found it

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

I received this sauce pan for my wedding and I love it. I'm looking forward to using it this Thanksgiving and holiday season. So far I have used it for spaghetti sauce mostly, but I think it will work very nicely for gravy as well. It does not stick and it is very easy to clean.

Doesn't Stick
So far nothing I've made has stuck to the pan, including when I have not gotten around to cleaning it right away.

Heat Distribution
warms very easily.

Ease of Handling
The handle is very nice and easy to grab. It doesn't get overheated.

Truly very easy to clean. It can be simply wiped out with water and towel or tossed into the dishwasher.

• Ease of Handling:

Cleaning This Pan is a Breeze!

from Renton, WA

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

My main set of cookware is stainless steel, but I wanted a few non-stick items for cooking some things. The Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan is one of the pieces of non-stick cookware I have, and I absolutely love it. It works great for sauces, especially ones with cheese that have a tendancy to stick to stainless steel pans. It also works great for things like melting marshmallows to make Rice Krispy treats. It is so easy to clean up. Most things either rinse right out or take just a quick swipe with a sponge or washcloth. It obviously needs a little extra care to make sure the non-stick coating doesn't get scratched, but it's totally worth it. I also like the clear glass lid that makes it easy to check on whatever is cooking in the pan.

A good sauce pan

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

This sauce pan is probably the most used thing in my kitchen. It does a good job with boiling pasta, heating soup, and on occasion making a more complicated dish. It's versatile enough to be able to brown a little bacon or sausage when called for, which is nice for avoiding a load of dirty dishes. I've been a fan of most of the Calphalon products I've owned, and this is no exception. It's got a good weight to it, and seems to heat up evenly and quickly. The handle is well designed and allows for easy flipping if you happen to be sauteeing in it. The lid is transparent, which obviously allows easy viewing of the food inside to check on boiling status.

My only real complaint. is that the lid doesn't seem to seat well all the time, which may be intentional, as it doesn't have a steam vent.

Overall it's a good pan for the money, and makes a great addition to a set of cookware for a first apartment or home.

A MUST for daily cooking!!

from Longview, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

I purchased this pan about 8 years ago. I was in the need for some new pots and pans and heard that Calphalon was a quality product and I was ready to spend some money and try it out.

This pan caught my eye because of it's 2.5 Quart and Shallow in the title. I purchased 2 of them. I litterally use these pans every day. They are amazing. I even just recently purchased a new set of pans since it has almost been 10 years with my older pans and I have not been able to give up my 2.5 quart Calphalon pans... and won't.

I think the thing I love most about these pans are that they keep such a consistent heat that when you boil water or cook with them they do not bubble and boil over. I love the lids that come with it. They cook so evenly and consistently. I use them for just about anything that I might need to make. And because they are a larger size AND fatter at the bottom (shallow) you can cook just about anything in them. I thought I would need to also get a smaller pan (1 quart) but I never did need it after these.

I HIGHLY recommend these amazing pots!

The first sauce pan that I don't mind hand washing

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

We recently received the Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan as a wedding gift and it has quickly become a staple in our kitchen. It cooks food well and evenly, but my absolute favorite thing about this sauce pan is that it is a cinch to clean! Eggs, spaghetti sauce, noodles--all of these items quickly rinse off when handwashing this sauce pan after meal preparation. No scrubbing required! To me, this is the ultimate in nonstick cookingware. My only concern comes from the reports I've heard on the health dangers of using nonstick cookingware. For this reason, my husband and I make certain to only use nonstick cooking utensils and NEVER metal when we cook with nonstick pans. This sauce pan was a great price and has held up to many uses its had in our kitchen in the past few months. Based on its performance, it looks as though it will hold up for years to come and is definitely a brand I'd purchase from again.

Calphalon 2.5 qt shallow saucepan - a gift to the frugal cook!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

This is a fantastic saucepan that can practically double as a saute pan. It is surprisingly large and roomy, and the extra diameter gives it plenty of room for fitting in two or three chicken breasts, a modest steak, or a handful of veggies. I love it for making coq au vin since it isn't too large and goes right in the oven.

Nothing sticks to this pan if you add just a dab of butter or oil, and it heats up and cools quickly. One great feature of pure aluminum cookware is the fact that aluminum dissipates heat quickly, so pulling the pan off the heat is a great way to regulate the temperature when making a sauce. This is a great product and a wonderful addition to my Calphalon cookware collection.

The anodized aluminum does not react with acidic foods such as tomato sauces, looks really cool, heats quickly and evenly (aluminum is an incredible heat conductor), and won't bust your budget. This is the perfect way to own a piece of excellent cookware for a bargain basement price. Just remember, it is stick-resistant, not non-stick. This browns up much nicer than the Calphalon non-stick stuff, and you don't have to treat with kid gloves. About the only thing you can't do is throw it in the dishwasher (which you shouldn't do with any decent pot or pan) and use a knife or electric mixer in it (a hand blender is fine...the blades never touch the pot).

The workhorse of my kitchen

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 2.5 Quart Shallow Sauce Pan:

I received this Calphalon Contemporary Nonsitck 2 1/2 Quart Shallow Saucepan With Lid as a wedding gift. My husband and I registered for it based on the highly favorable recommendation of Cook's Illustrated. I have used it at least once a day (but often more than that) for the past three years. The pot has a non-stick surface, glass lid, long handle (to stay cool) and a body of anodized aluminum. It's also oven safe to 450 degrees.

My opinion? WOW. This pan is the workhorse of my kitchen, my go-to item for nearly every dish. It's big enough to boil bags for iced tea, make a quick dinner of macaroni and cheese, cook pasta for three or rice for four, make a simple spaghetti sauce, and anything else I can throw at it. The lid is clear so you can see the progress of your meal without taking releasing steam, and the pot heats very evenly and retains its heat exceptionally well. I've never burned anything in it.

Pros: Heavy duty, nonstick surface is very durable

Cons: Lid handle gets rather hot