Other Cookwares:

Cons

Great For Burgers!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

When I first received this grill pan as a gift I thought that I would never use it. I wondered what exactly the purpose of it was. Since then I've used it at least a handful of times a month.

This is absolutely awesome for burgers (regular beef or turkey). It keeps them elevated and out of the grease so they're moist and delicious but never greasy.

It is also amazing for fish. When cooking fish you really need to spray or brush the pan with a bit of oil so the fish does not stick. It leaves those pretty little grill marks on each piece.

I haven't had very good experiences with using this for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I think they may just not have enough fat to keep them moist enough.

This also makes a very cute grilled cheese sandwich. It melts the cheese beautifully without over darkening the bread. Plus, you get those cute little grill lines.

Overall, I've been very pleased with this. It can be a bit difficult to clean after doing burgers, but soaking with hot, soapy water for a bit softens things up and it cleans up nicely with a sponge. It's important to note that you never, ever want to use any sort of abrasive on this, such as steel wool, and only wooden or silicone utensils should be used so the finish is not scratched.

Love this grill pan

from Connecticut

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I've had this grill pan several months. I registered for it. After reading these reviews, it totally exceeded my expectations. It works well for anything from frozen tilapia fillets to hamburgers, steaks, and chops. Clean-up is so simple. Soak in hot water and dish detergent. Then a plastic scrubby will remove most any residue. Rinse & wipe out with a paper towel and it's clean as a whistle. I do wish it had a lid, but the one from my 12" stir-fry pan works when needed. The pan is a little heavy but worth it! It is like food cooked on the grill outside except your doing it in doors! I bought this as a gift for at least 1 or 2 people on my gift list with my list of recipes when using. You cannot go wrong with this pan. It is so worth the money! No need for oil or cooking spray and I can't express how well it cleans up. I have yet to have a bad experience cooking with this pan! We cook all of our bacon on this pan as well. We use it at least twice a week.

Great grill pan.

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I already had a set of Calphalon non-stick cookware when I purchased this grill pan as an extra piece. We had moved homes and now had a flat-top electric stove, that didn't really accommodate my larger (needs 2 burners) grill pan. I knew I liked the cookware I have, so I didn't even bother looking to other brands. This grill pan is the perfect size! It fits nicely on my largest burner, and can handle quite a bit of food, despite being smaller. During the winter months, when I can't grill outdoors, I use this pan for steaks, chicken, and vegetables. One of our favorite dishes to make on it is steak fajitas with onion and bell peppers. The pan provides a great sear on the meat, and cooks the vegetables up nicely, even though they get shoved to the edge of the pan.

Overall, this is a great addition to my cookware, and I love the Calphalon brand. It has held up great, and is easy to clean. With the non-stick cookware, I do tend to hand wash, since that will prolong the life of them, but I've never had an issue with not being able to get the pan clean.

Pretty Cool

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I give this a 5 because I really like how unique it is and how versatile it is. You can do things on your stove now, that you couldn't before, thanks to Calphalon!

Doesn't Stick
I LOVE that this doesn't stick, even of you don't spray it, as long as you're grilling something with a little fat in it, it wont stick and it will still give it that nice grilled smoky taste! If you do spray it a little, it doesn't hurt either!

Heat Distribution
I give this a 3 because unfortunately burners are usually round, so there are some 'hot spots' on the pan and some that don't get as hot until you leave it on for a good while so it can travel over, but I still find that the middle is kind of hot always.

Ease of Handling
Its really easy to use and not awkward at all.

All your grilled on stuff with rinse away with hot water and a light scrubbing with soap. Wouldn't recommend dishwasher for this one as you can ruin it.

I think it would need to be more round for it to work better on the burners.

• Ease of Handling:

A great pan to have when you don't feel like BBQ'ing.

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

This is a great pan to have as part of your collection. I use this for many things. Most recently it has been hotdogs and chicken for fajitas. It cooks awesomely. Very even heat distribution and I never have to worry about my food burning. Like another reviewer, I like how it puts nice grill marks on your food. Barbequeing can be such a pain and (when you're cooking something that doesn't take much time) a waste of charcoal. This is just a great pan to add to your collection.

Doesn't Stick
Nothing has stuck on this pan for me.

Heat Distribution
I really love the heat distribution. Everything that I've cooked on this has cooked evenly, no matter where it was on the pan.

Ease of Handling
It is a little bulky and heavy, but once it's on the burner it's a piece of cake to handle.

Again, it is bulky to handle, but all of the food cleans off of it super easily.

I love the look of this pan. It is black with a silver handle.

Can take a beating and looks like nothing ever happened to it. I think this will be a part of my kitchen collection for a while!

Perfect for indoor grilling

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I recently moved into an apartment that doest have any place to put an actual grill outside so while searching for something to fill the void that a lack of grilled food left, I picked this up. I'm really glad I made the decision to go with the Calphalon Contemporary nonstick too, it's the perfect size for my stove and works great!

Doesn't Stick
This was the only problem I had with this grill pan. Even when I greased the grill with olive oil I have problems with fish and chicken getting stuck to it sometimes.

Heat Distribution
The best part of this pan is that that it cooks everything beautifully even every time. There aren't really cold spots because it fits on my big burner perfectly. I love not having to guess where I need to move food to to get it to all cook the same.

Ease of Handling
Couldn't be easier! It's heavy but you want that trait in a pan.

Since it does tend to get food stuck to it, it is a little difficult to clean at times.

I use it all the time and it's held up great!

pan-great for indoor grilling

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

The Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Eleven-Inch Square Grill Pan is a great pan to have for grilling objects indoor during the winter or during bad weather. I enjoy using this pan for grilling steaks, chicken, but i also enjoy it for simple purposes like grilled cheese. I have had no issues cooking any of these objects; they have had all been successful. they have cooked evenly, and did not stick to the pan.

Doesn't Stick
the nonstick feature makes it easy to cook objects; you do not need to worry about applying oil or butter before cooking. The grill is easy to use.

The calphalon nonstick indoor pan is easy to clean; it is slighty heavy to pick up and hold when washing by hand. I often will let the pan cool down and bring a damp cloth to the pan to easily remove any excess drippings that are on the pan. The pan cleans up easily due to the non-stick technology.

The pan is very durable and well constructed.

Good quality product

from Gaithersburg, MD

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

This is the one and only one grill pan i used in my life...This one is very durable and perfect for grilling all kind of stuff like chicken,beef,and vegetables..But grilling fish is not successful like other stuff..it makes some smoke in the starting but later it will be ok..And this grill pan is not very heavy so easy to handle...Also it is very easy to clean when you soak it after your grilling..A good product for grilling our favorite food..

Doesn't Stick
This grill pan doesn't stick with the use of little spray of oil..

Heat Distribution
The heat distribution is even and make the grilling perfect.

Ease of Handling
This set is very easy to handle

Cleaning is easy if you soak the grill pan in water with some soap after each use..

good design

A durable product..

• Ease of Handling:

Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick Grill Pan is perfect!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I was using a cast iron two-burner grill pan, but it smoked a LOT whenever I used it and made my fire alarms go off, so I gave it to my friend and bought this Calphalon Grill Pan to replace it with. When I bought this pan, I didn't realize the potential it would have to be as useful as it is. I've decided that this is one of my favorite pieces of cookware!

Doesn't Stick
I've cooked flank steak, bacon, onions and more on this pan, and everything just slides right off after cooking. Even burnt on steak juices just wipe off after rinsing the pan and wiping it down with a paper towel.

Heat Distribution
The pan is quite large and barely fits on my stupid coiled electric burners, but the pan still heats evenly. All parts of the pan get hot and cook food well.

Ease of Handling
My Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan has a nice long handle. It's easy to grab and carry around. One reason why I bought this pan is because it felt hefty and high-quality. Even though it's heavier than other pans, it's still easy to handle.

Although I wish this pan was dishwasher-safe, it's really easy to clean since it's non-stick. All I do is soak it for a little bit, wipe it down and it's clean.

• Ease of Handling:

Perfect Grill Marks Every Time!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan:

I love grilling outside in the summer, and I always wish I could do it year-round. Living in Chicago, I do have to make a few sacrifices. When I first saw the **Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan**, I had a feeling it was going to become a staple in my kitchen. It definitely isn't cheap, but if you have a coupon the price is very reasonable.

I love using this pan for searing fish, and you can cook meat perfectly on it also. The pan truly is non-stick, and it is also dishwasher safe. No matter what you cook, it has perfect grill lines, just like in the summer! I am considering grilling my vegetables on it in the summer - there's no chance of them falling through the grill! Calphalon products have a good reputation for a reason, and this grill pan just adds to that.