Other Bakewares:

Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

More than a mouthful can be a waste - mini muffins and more!

I love to cook and eat, but I'm not into big portions. So, the Calphalon mini muffin 12 cup baking tin pan is just the ticket.

This non-stick muffin pan is...Read complete review

This non-stick muffin pan is high quality, so it does not rust or warp like some of the junky ones I've had in the past. Thumbs up there on quality.

Yes. I do make little muffins in my Calphalon muffin pan but also cupcakes - of course. They pop right out, so I do not have to worry about buying paper liners and adding to the landfills. I guess those are not a huge deal, but every little thing adds up. So, it's nice to have a good non-stick pan and no extra waste.

This muffin tin is not just for traditional baking though, or it's not at my house. I'm always playing around with food and my pots and pans.

One of our favorites around here is to make little meatballs in the mini muffin pan. Most any meat loaf recipe will work. Just use low fat meat, so they do not sit in too much grease. I also do a variation where I make some stuffing with cream cheese and crunched up nacho chips and then top the meatball poppers with cheese. Whew boy, those are good.

Along the same line, I make little crab cakes and salmon cakes or balls in the Calphalon mini muffin tin. I love to fry crab and salmon, but I'm watching the fat due to high tri levels. I'm sure others can relate. So, making the little seafood treats in the oven helps on that, and they get a nice little crust on them and taste really good.

I have standard sized muffin tins, but I use the mini pans more often. If I want smaller amounts, then I'm good with these. If the boys want more, or if I'm really hungry, then it's easy to just get another small sized muffin, cupcake, or meatball.

Calphalon is not as non-stick as it seems

I love my Caphalon pots and pans,(which we got as a gift for our wedding or I would not have been able to afford them!) so I figured I'd also love the bakeware.  It is supposed to be non stick and we have had amazing success with other Caphalon non-stick products.  Not so with this one.  Every batch of muffins and cupcakes that I made with this muffin pan resulted in bottoms and sides that would not release, or would burn because they would continue to cook after I took them out of the oven to let them cool.  Finally I gave up and used non stick spray and it worked wonderfully, my muffins and cupcakes came out with perfect sides and bottoms, however I now have a new problem.  The non stick spray baked on to the top part of the muffin pan and will not come off, no matter what I try.  I now use this pan only when I have cupcake or muffin papers.  For as much as I paid for a Caphalon product, I expected way better quality.

For me, smaller bite-sized muffins and treats are better!

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I do quite a bit of baking for many occasions...pot-luck gatherings, charity bake sale contributions, and most importantly...Grandma's treats for the grandkids!! Because most of my baked goods need to feed or provide for large number of recipients or in the case of the grandkids, don't need to be large in size, this mini muffin pan is a well used pan in my kitchen.

I have not found any recipe that cannot be reduced to the mini size. You do have to reduce your cooking time so I recommend that you watch and test whatever you are baking to make the time adjustment. I have to vary my cooking time adjustments depending on if I use my gas oven or my electric microwave/convection oven.

My pan bakes evenly and never sticks.

Clean up is so easy. I throw it in the sink, fill each hole with soapy water. Let is sit and soak for about 10 minutes then using a nylon scrubbie, wash each hole and then rinse! No elbow grease required.

Have had my pan for years and it is still producing great treats!

My pan is nice and sturdy. Bakes evenly.

Doesn't Stick
No problems with any sticking.

Cephalon Muffin Tin Is Very Versatile and Easy to Clean

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I have had this muffin tin for well over a year. I have used it for many different purposes from cupcakes and muffins to quiches. My four children really like different types of muffins for breakfast, so we try to make a new recipe twice a month. I have also made cupcakes from scratch for each of my children's birthdays. For cupcakes, I use cupcake wrappers, which fit perfectly in the muffin tin slots. The tin itself is extremely resilient, and doesn't bend or deflect- like other pans- even when all twelve holes are filled.

The only thing I don't like about this muffin pan is how difficult it is to clean. Even with nonstick spray, the batter tends to stick to the bottom of the pan. I use a little bit of flour on top of the nonstick spray in each slot, but that doesn't always work either. Residual batter tends to get baked onto the top of the muffin tin, which is also hard to scrub off. Also, after one year of use, te bottom side of the pan is starting to rust.

Overall I love this pan, and I'm not sure if any other muffin tin would be better.

My Calphalon Nonstick 12-cup muffin pan

from Miami, FL

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

The calphalon classic nonstick bakeware 12 cup muffin pan is great for anyone looking to make muffins or even round shaped brownies. the nonstick coating allows the muffins to slip right out without crumbling. It hasn't improved on baking muffins but it does the job you need it to do. Highly recommend this pan.

It performances like how a muffin pan should. It holds 12 muffins and bakes them in a perfectly round shape. The nonstick coating has no failed me yet.

Very easy to clean just wash in the sink with warm water and soap. The muffin pan is nonstick so the only mess you should have is grease stains.

Made out of a nice thick dark coated metal. Can't see why it would crack or ever break. Even if you dropped it.

12 perfectly sized muffin circles. The edges of the pan gives you enough room to grip them out of a hot oven without getting your hands in the muffin mix.

Doesn't Stick
The dark coated pan is nonstick. I have never had any issues with my muffin mix sticking. If it ever got to that point it is very easy to just spray it with nonstick spray.

• Doesn't Stick:

Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan is Great!

from Maryville, TN

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

The Calphalon classic bakeware 12-cup muffin pan works great! It makes the perfect cupcakes or muffins every time. It bakes very evenly, and my muffins and cupcakes are always a golden brown on the bottom, sides, and top. My goodies always come out with a nice dome on top. Because of the nonstick coating, it is so easy to clean. I use to always use paper liners on all my cupcakes and muffins because without them, I seemed to always have a sticking problem. Not any more! I have to admit, sometimes I do use a little cooking spray when I am cooking muffins which contain fruit, etc. I like to play it safe. Before I purchased this pan, I used several other brands. I wasn't pleased with any of them. I finally decided to break down and buy this muffin pan. It does cost quite a bit more than other muffin pans. Let me tell you, it is well worth the extra expense. I highly recommend this cupcake/muffin pan. It is a pan I will be using for a very long time!

CalphalonClassicNonstick Bakeware-12-CupMuffinPan Is Fun & Easy

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan is very simple to use and a lot of fun. It is perfect to use around the holidays, for family dinners and for parties. If you like to bake cupcakes or muffins a lot, this is a must have. This 12-Cup muffin pan not only makes muffins; it will make other things as well. I think it makes muffins and cupcakes almost perfectly every time. Your muffins and cupcakes will not stick. I wouldn’t make things in them that are super sticky though. Otherwise, you’ll have to use spray or a little oil. It is made of heavy-gauge, aluminized steel. In other words, it is heavy-duty and very sturdy. And hey, it will not twist or warp. Thank goodness. It will not over brown things either. It can withstand a lot of heat, but it is “not” broiler safe or dishwasher safe. It will hold 12 muffins at a time or cupcakes. When cooking is done, the treats you made will be easy to remove. This pan is easy to clean too. It has a two-tone design, which helps with cooking. I think it is quite a lovely 12-Cup muffin pan. It has durability, so it will last for years. I do think it is over-priced, even though it does a good job. I give Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan a “6.5” on a scale of 1-10.

• Doesn't Stick:

A tough, sturdy muffin pan

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I've had this muffin pan made by Calphalon for more than five years now. We got it as a wedding present, and I use it at least once a month. It is a wonderful product. First off, Calphalon is a very trustworthy brand, and I new that this pan would be a great addition to the other Calphalon items I have in my collection. Secondly, this pan cooks all of the things I make in it amazingly. I have now made cupcakes, muffins, cookie cups, mini pot pies, and I'm sure there are other things I cannot think of at the moment! Seriously, look up things you can make with muffin pans on Pinterest, and there will be a million other ideas! And this is definitely the muffin pan you will want to use while you are making all of your great concoctions!

Always cooks evenly, be it the first muffin in the pan or the last.

No cupcake pan is necessarily easy to clean, and this is no exception.

We've had this pan for years and still use it all of the time!

Nothing special about the design either, but does there really need to be any improvements?

Doesn't Stick
I usually use cupcake liners, but for the most part when using Pam, I have no problems.

• Doesn't Stick:

Calphalon Muffin Pans are great!

from Springville, UT

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

My daughter recommended I try these Calphalon pans after she purchased a set of Calphalon pots and pans, and I have really enjoyed them! I was skeptical at first about the dark non-stick material, as this often leades to browned bottoms on muffins and cupcakes, but if I lower the temperature a bit the muffins are completely fine! I also love the fact that these pans just drop the muffins after they are cooked, they don't even stick at all. And if I use muffin cups I can't even get as good of results. The only real problem I've had with them is the fact that the grooves around the edges of each of the cups can collect some of the batter and then if it cooks in it can be hard to extract because using a knife would scratch the non-stick surface. I usually just try to take care of this by cleaning around the muffin cups before I put them in the oven. In all I've really liked these and would recommend them to anyone who likes to make muffins or cupcakes.

A muffing pan that I actually like!

from Hiram, GA

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I like to cook muffins and cupcakes and even these special cookies that require a muffin tin, but one thing I dread is cleaning a muffin pan.  I have tried out quite a few muffin pans, and have disliked one thing or another about all of them.  It sounds like a strange thing to be picky about, but I do not like spending longer cleaning up than I spent on baking itself.  That's why I have been very happy with my Calphalon muffin tin.  It cooks mufifns and cupcakes nicely and evenly.  I am also very happy with the easy with which they come out of the pan after baking.  I seldom end up with chunks of muffin stuck to the pan.  The thing that I like best is that the muffin tin cleans up so easily.  Anything that has cooked to the pan wipes out of the cups very easily with water and Dawn or whatever dishwashing soap you like.   Also, the pan goes right into the dishwasher.  I am not sure that dishwashing is the most highly recommened way to clean the pan, but I have been dishwashing mine for nearly four years, and it has never rusted or shown any bad side effects from it.

heavy weight and my muffins don't burn!

from Athens, GA

Comments about Calphalon Classic Nonstick Bakeware 12-Cup Muffin Pan:

I have one Calphalon nonstick 12 cup muffin pan.  I use it all the time to make muffins for my family.  I have a variety of baking pans in my house and I always grab my Calphalon pan first.  First, the pan is a good solid pan that is medium  to heavy in weight.  The double layer of metal protects your food from cooking too fast and burning or over-browing on the outside while the inside isn't done.  I use my muffin tray for muffins but also to make homemade rolls and meatloaf cups so this is definitely a multi-tasker which I love.

I also think that the Calphalon nonstick 12 cup muffin pan is easier to clean than my other pans.  Food doesn't stick as badly although I still use a spray oil.

My only complaint are in the pans design.  The muffin cups are attached to the pan but there are ridges at the top of each pan (like they were put in seperately from the base of the pan if that makes sense).  These ridges are a pain to clean.  That is the biggest downfall I see with these pans but the product you get from these pans makes me overlook it.

Calphalon is not as non-stick as it seems