1.2
CVS
CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan

CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan

1.2

Sorry if this is your plan

from Phoenix, Az

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Complicated To Use
    • Love to reject prescription
    • Not Effective
    • Poor Texture
    • Terrible service

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

They had been covering my meds then without notification they wanted prior authorization from my doctors. Once they got that they still would not cover. Then they want more information for a condition that I have had for several years. They will do anything not to pay for your meds. Having insurance through an employer you have no choice and no recourse and they know it. From reading the other reviews this is their normal way of doing business. I honestly believe that if your life depended on them covering your meds they would let you die before they get all of the information they want for their prior authorization. The doctor sends it in then they want more information another delay then they want more or deny it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Expensive plan low quality

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

cvs caremark is the worst plan that I have ever had. Not only are their co-pays higher than any prior employee plan but I pay more for this plan. They even had the nerve to suggest top me that I change my disabled sons treatment plan so that I could use generics that would be cheaper. They are not doctors and I am not sure of the benefit of insurance when using them. This company shows why we need low cost ethical health care.

CVS Caremark = one problem after another.

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

CVS Carmark Prescription insurance wasn't my choice of coverage, nor was it my husband's. It was provided by the hubby's employer for a period of time, and my guess is that the we weren't the only ones to complain to management about how horrible it was because the next time contract negotiations came up, CVS Caremark was gone. Thank Heavens!
      The concept behind the plan's coverage is that all of your prescriptions are mailed to you, generally in 90 day supplies because it's cheaper and supposedly easier on the customer. There was little that was easy about it.
      Many times, I was refused coverage because I had to go to an actual, real-life pharmacy to fill prescriptions for antibiotics that needed to be started immediately. Caremark allows a person to do this a few times while still covering a portion of the costs, but if they decide they aren't going to let you deal with a pharmacist face to face over an acute infection, they'll decline coverage and send you a letter providing information on how to use their mail order service. For routine medications, waiting a couple of weeks for delivery, dealing with a computer automated system that doesn't always understand human speech, and getting a 90 day supply isn't the worst thing ever to deal with, but unfortunately not all situations can wait.
      Customer service was a poor experience, in and of itself. In order to refill, a person needs call and speak with a computer that doesn't always understand human-speak, or create an online account. A physician can fax in the initial prescription, or an individual can mail it in. It's supposed to be simple, but somehow it never was for me.
      The whole thing is a debacle as far as I'm concerned. Money might be saved by them in filling prescriptions from a remote location, but the experience for consumers is anything but a nice one.

Terrible overall experience

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

They change policies without notice. Plus, don't ever give them your credit card number. They overcharged me three times and refused to correct it. It took 3 months to get a sympathetic rep to send me a prescription in lieu of money to even it up. Had to go on lie and change to an expired card number so nothing else could be charged to it. Horrible. If my employer didn't stick me with this horrible company I would tell them to go to hell.

Very very poor service

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

Change brand name medications to generic medications without permission form doctor or patient in stores and in mail service, leave you on the phone a long time, changing people or leaving you on hold, promise delivery of medications that had been screwed up by CVSCaremark more than once but the deliveries never come customer does not receive communication from CVSCaremark that CVSCaremark says they sent

Terrible Coverage from the Ironically Named "Care"mark

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

I have struggled with depression and anxiety, and I have been relatively stable on one medication for several years. My insurance, which I have through work, had some "changes," and when I refilled my prescription this January I was told I needed a Dr. authorization. My Dr. called Caremark, but they continued to deny the prescription. My pharmacist told me the company requires patients to try a generic for a certain period of time before they are allowed to take more expensive medications.

It is often difficult to find an antidepressant that works for a given person, and changing medications for any reason other than a medical one is simply not a good idea. "Substitution," as this practice is known as, is opposed by the American Psychological Association and a plethora of similar organizations. I found it highly unethical that Caremark was willing to put my health at risk in order to save money.

After my Dr. called a second time, Caremark finally approved my Cymbalta. But what about the next time I need a medication that isn't a generic?

Update: I received a call from my pharmacy today, and apparently CareMark was refusing to refill my prescription until I talked to them about using their mail order service or getting my prescription from THEIR pharmacy (I go to a local pharmacy.) So, basically if I hadn't been able to get ahold of them I would have been without medicine for the Memorial Day weekend.

I HATE this company!

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

Years ago I used a local CVS pharmacy. My son was on a medication for epilepsy which his doctor specified had to be BRAND NAME ONLY. The pharmacist was always trying to substitute generics despite the doctor's order. It was always the same battle, and even though we filled it every month they refused to stock the brand name medication.
      The last straw was when they claimed they ordered it and we waited 10 days for it to be filled (it never was). It should take 1-2 days to get a medication in, NOT 10! It's not like he can skip a dose of this and be OK! I finally took his prescription over to the newly opened Walgreen's and they had it for us the next day. Love Walgreen's!

Fast forward to this year... Employer forced us into a new insurance plan which uses CVS Caremark for their prescriptions. I would have paid for private insurance if I could have afforded it, just to avoid dealing with these idiots. My worst fear was realized as their online service is just as much of a nightmare to deal with as our local pharmacy was. No longer is "brand name necessary" good enough for them, they now want the doctor to justify it with a "letter of necessity". I spent the first two months of this year on the phone with these morons on a daily basis trying to get my son's prescriptions filled. And then since the cost was so high they didn't bother to ship it, didn't even notify me they were sitting on it, waiting for me to OK the shipping (they already had my credit card info). I had to go through the same thing all over again with one of my own medications. This company is a NIGHTMARE! Last year our insurance had Medco for their prescription plan and they were SO much easier, smarter, efficient, and more pleasant to deal with. CVS execs, if you're reading this, I despise your company with an utmost passion. Do you even care??

not a stellar rx system

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

we have cvs caremark prescription insurance through my wife's work. we have not been very impressed with the way they do business. we have to have all prescriptions over ninety days mailed out and have had nothing but ongoing issues with orders being lost, orders not going though and orders going missing. when you need certain medications on a daily basis and they don't arrive on time it is a really big deal. no amount of complaining to hr or the cvs caremark company has appeared to have improved the situation. i would not recommend this company at all but if you are in the same situation as us you may not have any option.

Horrible service!

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

Can't get what I need - the policies and website are not customer friendly. They never believe that the customer is right or try to be flexible in ANY way. Their pricing is not that great. I filed a formal complain with my HR department because the service is so bad - we need another provider. I would never recommend them and I would avoid them at all costs in the future!

Terrible communication -- irresponsible

Comments about CVS Caremark Prescription Insurance Plan:

I ordered a medication I need to function due to a serious auto-immune illness. For days Website kept saying "in process." Finally got a human on the phone -- the rx had been voided. No email, nothing on my account indicating the cancellation. Horrible service.