Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Crock-Pot
SCV803-SS
Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

• Easy to operate (3)

• Meats (4)
  • Veggies (3)

Good Crock Pot

Over the years I have become more interested in cooking, but don't really have that much time with work to be able to cook. Being able to use this crock pot has allowed me to not only start cooking again, but make great meals while I am at work. Whenever I use the crock pot the food always comes out great tasting and it always comes out at the right temperature. I am not a very good cook since I am just beginning to learn to cook so this product help me be able to learned to cook great meals in an easy way. For example I always loved to cook pork, but every time I cooked it, it would come out dry. When I used the crock pot the pork came out juice and all the other items that I had put in the crock pot had a tasted of the pork which made them taste better. The durability of the crock pot is great. I have had the crock pot for several years now and it still works like it did when I first bought it. The time it takes from when I first put the food into the crock pot to when it is fully heated is great. It usually takes about an hour or so for the food to get hot in the crock pot, but once it gets up to that temperature you can turn it down to medium heat and it stays hot in the crock pot for hours. The design of the crock makes it very easy to use and it also makes it very easy to clean. I usually cook a lot of chili in the crock pot and this can get very messy once all of the chili is eaten. With this crock pot even the left over that is stuck to the sides of the pot comes off easily due to the non sticky surface that is used on the inside of the pot. The non sticky inside of the crock pot makes it very simple to just use soap and water to clean it out. I also like the fact that it is great for making stews, soups, and for slow cooking meat. One night I decided I wanted to cook a big steak that would be juicy and that takes a lot of time. With the crock pot it is very easy I put in the steak during the morning before I went to work and other ingredients such as vegetables etc and the steak was cooked to perfection when I got home. I have always had trouble keeping the meat tender and juicy when I need to cook it over a long period of time, but since I have gotten the crock pot all my meats have come out perfect. If you are looking to start cooking and don't have a lot of time to do it this is the way to go. The crock pot is easy to use, easy to clean, and you can put a lot of things into the pot and cook them all day. My favorite thing to cook is chili.

Great size but cheap plastic handles

First off I have to admit that I am somewhat of a crock pot junkie. I own several all in different sizes and appearances. One I inherited from my grandmother and I purchased the rest. This one was purchased becuase of the size and I like the stainless steel look. The size is perfect for small roasts and **looked **pretty enough to take to potlucks and parties. I also like the fact that it is simple with no bells and whisles. I don't mind the fact that it doesnt have a fancy locking lid. If you are going somewhere with it chances are you'll need serving utensils and misc stuff so I just seal it with foil and put it in a box.

I have been using mine for a 2 years now and its days of traveling are over. The plastic handles cracked and eventually broke off. I still love the size and no fuss cooking and would have rated it higher if not for the handles.

Greatest purchase ever

from CV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate

• Rice

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I'm an a huge Crock Pot mama. I've had many in my lifetime and this one is the best. We use it about 3x a week or more, from lasagna to chicken. Never disappoints.

Love this product and highly recommend!

from Catawissa PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
    • Dishwasher Safe
    • Easy to Operate
    • Variety of Uses

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have this crock pot for years and I've used it hard! It's still working just as good as the day I bought it. The capacity of it is perfect for a bigger family. Overall just easy to use and always gives wonderful results!

I love it

from Anniston, AL

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
      • Easy to Operate
      • Variety of Uses

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I use it 4-5 times a week. I love how easy it is. Dump and go meals are awesome for a busy mom!

I would never buy this product again.

from Ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Inconsistent Results

• Rice

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

The lid came without rubber seal or vent hole like my 6 qt. did.

Great Slow Cooker

from Utah

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

We were given this crock pot for Christmas, and it has worked great for us. I would recommend it to others who are looking for a larger size crock pot.

Cooking Performance
          Food comes out great and delicious.

The inside part comes out easily, and it can be washed pretty easily by hand. Food will dry onto it pretty hard if you don't soak or wash it right away, but if you soak it or clean it right away, then it is pretty fast to clean.

The slow cooker has high, low, and warm settings. The warm setting is very helpful if you're not sure exactly how long something will take to cook and you start it early to make sure it's done on time. You can start it early and if it finishes early, simply leave it on warm for a few hours and the food will stay good and at the right temperature.

We've only had it for a couple months, but it has held up fine so far. It seems to be well-built and designed to last for a good long time.

• Cooking Performance:

I will never go without my Crock-Pot!

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

This was a birthday present to me from my Mom. I had slow cookers in the past, but never really got into using them all that much. As I get older and my time is now spread too thin with a hectic job, a fiancée who works a different shift than I do, and a wild toddler at home, there's just not enough time in the day to do everything and then always slave over the stove making supper. Needless to say, both of us have come to rely on the crockpot a lot over the last couple of years. I love that you can make almost anything in it, and there's tons of cookbooks and websites that offer plenty of recipes specifically for the crockpot. It's nice to be able to throw it in, go to work and come home to a hot meal without much effort, most of the time. Making spaghetti sauce that you can actually simmer all day so the flavors blend together without having to have a burner on your stove going for hours is really nice. It's also wonderful in the summer because it doesn't let off the heat that your stove would, so you can cook without making your AC work harder than normal. I just love everything about my crockpot, and there will never be a time that one isn't in my house.

Time to Heat
          Mine is exceptional. It heats up almost instantly.

There has been a time or two when things have burned in the crockpot (the fiancée's doing of course! LOL) and even then it was a breeze to clean. It seems nothing ever sticks to it to the point where I have to actually use some muscle to scrub it clean.

I have had mine now for over two years and it still looks and cooks like it's brand new.

I Love My Crockpot

from wrightstown

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love my crock-pot especially when the weather is cold because I can throw all my ingredients into it quickly, turn it on and go to work. When I get home, there is a nice warm meal waiting for me and my family. This crock-pot is eight quarts which is enough for dinner and leftovers the next day. The food comes out delicious as the ingredients cook slowly over the day releasing all the flavors. I make chili, stew, pulled pork, vegetarian chili and so many more dishes in it and they have all come out wonderful. It heats up quickly and cooks at an even temperature all day. The inside pot is heavy duty and it is very easy to clean as well. The outside just wipes off easily with a damp cloth or paper towel. It has a nice modern design as well and looks nice on a countertop while in use. It does take up a bit of room in a cabinet though but most of them do. I really recommend this crock pot. It does an excellent job, cleans up nicely and is priced reasonably.

Great crockpot!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

The Crock-pot slow cooker is a great appliance to have and the size of 8 quarts is great because you can prepare a whole week's worth of food at one time. Slow cookers are great appliances because you can throw in all your ingredients without even cutting them very small, turn on the appliance and it will cook your food deliciously. Slow cooking times are what makes the dishes stand out. You won't get your food out and ready instantly, but if you spend a little time in the morning or a few hours before you can have a delicious meal ready when you get home. What I like about this slow cooker is the design of it. It's shape lets you throw in a whole chicken or piece of meat and it seems to cook it more evenly. It's easier to stir the ingredients too. I think this appliance in particular is an improvement over other slow cookers. Not only does it function well, it has a great design. I would recommend it for those without one. For those who do already own one this one is pretty much the same, though the larger size is a plus.

• Cooking Performance:

Best little slow cooker ...

from Poplar Bluff Missouri

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

Best little slow cooker on the market for our family. Not only roomy, but cooks the food just right. I can put something in it before church and come home 4 hours later to stress free eating. Wonderful product, I would recommend it to everyone. Roasts fit in really good and it cooks stews and chili really good flavors on those! We have a family of 2 but when we have more to eat it is really a good way to hassle free cook anytime. Quick and easy to do. It heats up in great time and the cooking performance is superior to others I have had in the past. And it is much better than just a crock pot too. Roomier than one. Great for a single person who wants to save on meals and cook in it for themselves to have 2 or 3 meals in or for a larger family. Even makes it easy to take time for one another on a romantic supper. Just pop in and let it cook and you have more time with each other to spend watching a movie, or playing a game or whatever you need to do. Also is good for people with kids or Grandkids in sports. You can easily set it to cook, go to the game and then come back to a hot delicious meal in one.

Time to Heat
          good time to take to heat.

Can't live without it!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot 8-Quart Slow Cooker:

This slow cooker is a life saver. The fact that I can cook a whole chicken or an entire ham in it is incredible. The recipes available online are endless too. It never gets boring! In fact, I can't even remember the last time I took it off the counter and put it away since we use it so much. Just this week I threw a whole ham in the slow cooker with some brown sugar and pineapple juice. It was delicious and fed my family of five for two days before I chopped up the remaining meat and threw it back into the slow cooker with the ham bone, a bag of split peas and water to make an amazing split pea soup. Try crock pot cake too. Or the most amazing chili. Teriyaki chicken. Pot roast. The list goes on and on. It's a breeze to wash too. Only two pieces. It really is a "must have" for any family since all these amazing meals nearly make themselves. Dump the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and reap the fantastic benefits come dinner time. Simple!