3.9
CHI
CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray

CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray

3.9

chi Iron guard works well enough

I like chi Iron guard.  I bought it to use with my Chi flat iron after a helpful sales associate explained to me the importance of using a thermal guard with heat tools.  I have tried using my straightener with and without the Chi iron guard, and I definitely get better results when I use it.  For one thing, my hair comes out smoother and silkier.  For another thing, I feel like it adds a bit of shine.  Some people feel it candry hair out a bit, but to me, that is a plus because my hair becomes oliy easily, so the iron gaurd helps my hair to look cleaner for a longer period  of time.  I can see where it would be a problem for people with dry hair.  I also like that the smell is pleasant, but faint, so it isn't overpowering. One of the only drawbacks is that if you over apply, it can leave a slightly sticky texture to your hair.  I usually don't have this issue, but every great once in a while, I will spray it mindlessly.  The other drawback is that it is a little on the pricey side, but the bottle does last a really long time, so it is an okay trade off.  I have had mine for a little less than a year, and it still feels like there is plenty in there.

not impressed with Chi

I heard such great things about Chi and what I loved most about their products is the scent. Healthy hair is sexy hair so that's all I wanted for my hair was it to be healthy. I thought I'd start by using heat protection since I heard that causes most damage besides chemical coloring. So when I saw Chi Iron guard on sale at my local target 2 for the price of 1 I thought I hit the jackpot. I have been using this product for about a month and half now and I'm not very impressed. At first I thought it worked well but now my hair seems to be more dull and damaged. I don't even know if it's even protecting it from heat. It also can be a bit sticky but I suppose thats how all iron guards work? I used to use *"it's a 10"* (which I forgot had heat protecting in it) and it left my hair silky and shiny for those summer months. I switched to chi during the colder months so I think I will be switching back if I don't find a new product that I love. I used to use Chi's silk infusion shampoo and I was not at all satisfied with that product either. It left my hair oily and dry at the same time. Weird huh? Bottom line, I will not be buying their products **ever** again.

A Must Have Hair Product!

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

I should probably start off by saying: I am a total hair product junkie!

Chi 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray is by far one of my favorite products. I use the every time after I wash my hair! Chi Iron Guard protects against the harsh heat used by styling tools, such as hair dryers, straighteners, and hair curlers or wands.
Chi Iron Guard is in a spray bottle, so I just spritz a few sprays on my damp hair, before blow drying. I make sure to brush the product through, so I make sure the maximum amount of my hair is protected. I am confident this product helps protect my hair from the heater products I do use. After my hair is dried, I usually use a hair straightener or curling want, so technically, I am double damaging my hair. I cannot imagine the damage I would be doing to my hair without using the Chi Iron Guard. As for scent, Chi Iron Guard is very mild. It kind of reminds me of a hair spray scent. It does not have a heavy scent, so it is not taking away from the other products I use!

Staying power

from Auburn, WA

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

The chi heat protectant spray is really meant to protect your hair from the beast of flat ironing it, but it does more than thawt for me. Once my hair is about, oh I'd say 90 percent dry I clamp up the top section,and with the lower sections, I spray the east protectant spray. I then slowly pull my hot flat iron and add a kink at the crown or root of the hair and slowly draw it out. I have an inverted bb (think Victoria beck am bob) but a linger version. The tips of my hair always flick the uway that they arent supposed to, so is heart protectant sorry actually gives my hair saying power, and whatever way I flat iron the tips of my hair, they s Tay that way, a little I the stuff side, but again, I want my hair to stay the way I flat ironed it. I bought my hair product from target so it iwasnt too expensive. Definitely do not recommend buying from a Salam due to markup.

This CHI feels CHEAP.

from Burleson, TX

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

With tons of hair and Texas humidity, my flatiron gets a lot of mileage, so I puchased this product in an attempt to protect my hair from the heat. I wasted my money. The product feels more like hairspray and left my hair sticky, stuff, and messy, rather than smooth, glossy, sleek or easy. Because my hair stuck together, my hair hung in clumps and was impossible to brush through. I was so distracted by the stickiness that I honestly don't know if it protected from the heat or not. It was insanely expensive and has gone unused since the first ill-fated try.

Chi44 Iron Guard is great!

from Hackensack, NJ

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

Hair protection: I don't know if it actually protects my hair because I don't really pay attention to that. I just like knowing that it is doing something for my hair. But what i can say is that it definitely makes my hair look nicer. when I ran out, I didn't use any heat protection for my hair when i straightened it every morning, and just a little while after i leave the house, my hair starts to frizz up.

The smell: It smells like a man. In the good way. I don't know if it's a man' s cologne smell or what, but I know that it smells just like some guys I know. I guess it's a generic "man smell". I like the smell of it, but I do know people who don't. Either way, it's not a fruity flavor so let's just leave it at that.

The bottle: I especially love this spray bottle. It can get to the last bit of liquid left. When I ran out and shook the bottle, there was absolutely no trace of the liquid left. It definitely uses every last bit - none wasted! :D

I love this stuff.

from Matthews, NC

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

Oh my gosh. I really love Chi Iron Guard's Thermal Protection Spray. Like really really love it. I was given a bottle buy a friend, and I've been hooked ever since. First of all, the smell is out of this world. It smells like a sexy man's body spray. It's not a heavy, gross smell. It's hard to explain, so you'll just have to smell it for yourself. But I love it. Before I even tried it, I read the reviews on it...and I had heard that it could be a bit sticky. I also heard that you could prevent this from happening by spraying one section of hair at a time, then heat styling. Instead of doing it all at once. Because from what I understand, when your whold head has been sprayed, and you start working on one peice, the other pieces are half drying and becoming sticky. So I used the method that I mentioned and I haven't had this problem. I would definitely recommend this. It protects my hair and smells amazing.

CHI Thermal Protection Spray is great!

from Memphis, TN

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

Works well enough. There is really nothing that is going to sstop your hair from being burned when you use a straightener but CHI Iron Guard Thernal Protection spray will definetly help to lessen the damage being done. I like the smell and it doesn't smell too much like chemicals. It has never made my scalp itchy and I have never had any bad reaction from it.

Before I started using it, my hair would feel crunchy after I would straighten it. When I use the spray it keeps my hair soft. The spray bottle top makes it easy to spray all of your hair if you hold it far away and get to more concentrated spots by holding it closer. I always put a little bit extra on the ends to make sure my ends stay nice because they tend to fray and burn easier than the rest of my hair. There is really no other brand that works as well as CHI does so I will continue to use it. It does not make your hair greasy and as soon as you straighten your hair any smell from the formula goes away.

does not work

from Fremont, CA

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

I recently purchased the **CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray 8.5 fl. oz. 250 ml** because of the good reviews I saw on it online. I really wanted to like this product, but I have to say that it was pretty disappointing. I tried it out for the first time with my CHI 1 inch straightening iron. I thought it would be important to protect my hair from the high heat of the CHI iron. Well, I spritzed some all over my hair and hoped for the best. When I tried curling my hair with the CHI iron, I noticed steam coming from my hair, which worried me. I wonder if it was the CHI 44 Iron guard evaporating or something, but, in any case, it was pretty disconcerting. I do not think the CHI iron guard really helped that much, because I could practically smell my hair burning as I used the CHI iron. If I could go back in time, I probably would not purchase this product again. I would suggest looking at other brands.

smells weird

from Fremont, CA

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

I bought the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection spray to use with my new CHI 1 inch ceramic straightening iron. I followed the directions and spritzed it over the parts of my hair that I was planning to curl, and ran a hairbrush through my hair to get even coverage and to spread the product out more. Honestly, the first thing I noticed was that the CHI Iron Guard spray has an unpleasant odor - something about it just smells a little bit off. I know it's supposed to protect my hair from the high temperatures of the CHI iron, but honestly, I could smell my hair getting burnt, and at one point there was steam coming from my iron. I guess it's hard to tell whether the protection spray is working or not, but from what I say, it was not doing much to protect my hair from the heat. It just made my hair a bit damp and made it smell like it was burning after I ran my iron through it. Not a great product.

Chi Iron Guard makes hair so much smoother

from Mackville, KY

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

This is by far my favorite thermal protection spray. So many others leave the hair feeling sticky or stiff, but this product does not, it leaves the hair natural and smooth feeling. I don't always have the extra time to get my hair trimmed every six weeks like they say you are supposed to, and this product along with a flat iron keeps my hair looking like I do.  It really does help hair from being damaged by the heat, I use it before I blow dry for added protection, even when I don't plan on flat ironing, and I notice a lot less frizz when I do. The fragrance is slightly strong, but I like the smell of it, so I don't mind. It's more of a musky fragrance and not so flowery as a lot of hair care products are, so if you don't like musky scents you may not care for it. The  pump bottle sprays a nice, light , and even amount of product. It is a bit pricey, but to me it is worth it for the quality, and it lasts a long time.  I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who uses any heated styling tools on their hair.

Great product!

from Keystone Heights, FL

Comments about CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray:

I use the Chi 44 Iron Guard, along with Biosilk when I straighten my hair. I put the Biosilk on while my hair is still wet and once dry, I spray this on each section of hair as I straighten it. I seems to work really well to protect my hair. I haven't noticed any damage or texture change to my hair at all. The only slight complaint I have is that I'm not overly fond of the scent. It's alright, but a little perfumy for my taste. However, that is not enough to keep me from using this product again and again. I also feel as though it's a little on the pricy side for what it is. I don't really complain about that either because I'd rather pay a little more and have protection from the high heat of the iron. I've seen others complain that it is sticky and leaves hair dry, but I haven't really experienced either of these problems. I supposed while it is still wet, before I straighten that section it can be a bit tacky, but not once I'm done straightening. And my hair is definitely not dried out at all. I don't know if that is because I also use Biosilk though.