3.5

Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo

3.5

Pros

Cons

It works wonderfully well and smells fantastic!

I have fine hair and it is starting to thin. Even though I have sensitive skin I have tried quite a few "volumizing" shampoos that have not done the job and have caused allergic reactions. I read an article about Burt Bee's Shampoos and decided to give the Very Volumizing one a try. I love it. I have been using it for months and have not had one allergic reaction. I am thrilled because the volume is great :-) The added bonuses: it smells wonderful, it is not harmful to the environment and it is not tested on animals. Also: Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate free. Paraben free. Phthalate free.

I couldn't tell I washed my hair after using this product.

While I am into trying natural products, I was NOT impressed by Burt's Bees Volumizing Shampoo.  There was virtually no lather, the smell was funky, it left my hair feeling waxy...and it did not volumize.  The product doesn't rinse clean and left my hair feeling heavy and weighted down...isn't that the opposite of what it's supposed to do?  When combing through my hair after rinsing, my hair felt as thick as a haystack, and I actually had trouble pulling the comb through smoothly.  Because of the waxiness, I feel like I pulled more hair out of my head with the comb, too!

The only redeeming quality about it is that the ingredients are all natural and environmentally responsible, and the bottle can be recycled.  It's definitely a pricier product, and you don't get anywhere near your money's worth, both for the size of the bottle and the poor quality of the product.  Thankfully it was a gift and I didn't waste my own money on it.  Thumbs down - avoid this product at all costs!!!

Burt's Bees Shampoo

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

I was really disappointed in this shampoo. I've used so many Burt's Bees products, and there aren't many of them that I don't like. I have been using mostly organic products for a while now, but my shampoo and conditioner were the last things I switched over. I immediately went for Burt's Bees because I trust the company and have used their products since high school. When I opened the bottle, I was in love! It smelled amazing. I put a little on my hair, but I had trouble working it through my hair. It didn't lather like most shampoos, but I understand that's because it lacks a lot of toxic chemicals. I put some more on my hair so I could get it through my entire head. After I rinsed it off, my hair felt heavy and had a weird texture. I followed with the conditioner that goes with this shampoo. I dried my hair, and it felt like straw. It wasn't soft at all, and this shampoo is definitely didn't give my hair volume.

I love Burt's Bees!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

I absolutely love this shampoo! When I want to use something all-natural and safer for my hair, free of harsh, human-made chemicals, I almost always turn to Burt's Bees products. I usually don't need anything to add volume to my hair since it is quite thick, but after my son was born, a lot of my hair fell out and I needed something to add a little fluff to it. This shampoo worked so well! It kept my hair nice and clean, smelled really fantastic, and it made my hair look like it actually had some volume to it. I really loved this shampoo.

My hair looked so much better after I used this shampoo! I usually have to do all sorts of fluffing and teasing and blow-drying to get good results, but using this shampoo cut that work time in half. My hair looked healthier and more voluminous right away.

I love the smell of this shampoo! It smells absolutely wonderful and it lasts all day long.

Great Shampoo. Wish It Was More Affordable.

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

This was a gift. I am low-income so I usually don't spend this much on a bottle of shampoo. But it was great. I have thin, flat hair, a lot of it and this shampoo left it soft, shiny, and without residue. I thought it smelled amazing. It didn't lather much, but I wouldn't expect it too, because it contains natural ingredients and is free of phlalates. I felt good about that knowing that I wasn't exposing myself to harmful ingredients. It was also a bit more of a watery texture, but again, I think that's due to the lack of chemicals, so I'm fine with it. It left a nice smell and I got a compliment from a co-worker. I don't think the smell is too perfumy or overpowering. I would feel good about using this product and using it on my children. (It's probably not tear free for the toddlers, but I think tear free shampoos almost always contain chemicals.) Anyways, I loved everything about this shampoo except for the price, which I think is steep. I would use this again if I could afford it.

Disappointing

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

Having a lot of issues with my hair (mostly that it gets greasy quickly and falls out a lot), I've been trying to find a good natural/organic shampoo that could help combat these numerous issues, and another friend with similar type of hair issues recommended this product to me. Having a generally fond opinion about Burt's Bees with some of their other products, I expected good things from this shampoo. I was mostly disappointed. The smell was pretty great, but beyond that... there's not much to say. It does clean your hair - but only keeps it clean for a very short period of time (read: a day or less), and I find my hair building up grease again quickly. The "volumizing" aspect basically doesn't exist. I honestly picked the shampoo out for the smell and didn't really care about the volumizing part, but after looking at my hair after I showered and dried it - it was very apparent that it didn't do the one main thing it was advertised for: provide volume. My hair was pretty flat. I generally would not buy this product again nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

Great natural shampoo

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

The reason I bought this shampoo was that it didn't contain sulfates. Sulfates are one of the ingredients that help create bubbles, but they may be harmful for the body. So this shampoo won't lather the same way as typical shampoos. It still gets my hair clean and smells great. I find that it helps not to use to much, if you use a lot to get the lather, it's more than you actually need. The shampoo doesn't have the "soapy" feel of other shampoos, but I find that my hair feels equally clean after using it. I can't say that my hair has more volume after using it, but I don't think most people believe that shampoo is going to give their hair volume on its own. It smells great as well.

It works wonderfully well and smells fantastic!

from Denver, CO

Great Volumizing Shampoo

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

One of my favorite Burt's Bees products! I have a headful of oily, thin hair that is prone to tangle. This shampoo really works to make my hair look thicker/fuller. Lathers great and keeps my hair really clean. It also smells fantastic!

I love Burt's Bees shampoo!

from Spring Creek, NV

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

I started using Burt's Bees because I wanted to try something natural. Burt's Bees shampoo is 97.20% natural. The bottle itself also contains 80% post-consumer recycled material,and it's not tested on animals. So you can use it guilt free and know that you are doing your part to help our planet.

When I first started using it, it felt a little funny because it does not suds up as much as the regular shampoo I always used. But that's because of it's natural ingredients. My hair has so much more life and body then it did when I have used any other shampoo. From now on I will only be using Burt's Bees products on myself and my children.

Burt's Bees has a full range of natural products to choose from. They have shampoos for volume,moisture, and even color treated hair. Burt's Bees also has conditioner to match all of them. Check out their web site! www.burtsbees.com

Burt's Bees Shampoo a Let-Down

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

I bought Burt's Bees Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo because I was trying to find a suitable sulfate-free shampoo, and this contains natural ingredients to boot. However, whenever I used this shampoo, I felt that my hair was very stripped and dry after each wash. I have naturally curly hair, and this seemed to contribute to more frizziness (which is the LAST thing I need, lol). I really like the smell of this shampoo since it's fruity and invigorating, but that's really the only good comment I have. I didn't expect much lather, since I'd used sulfate-free shampoo before; however, this shampoo is super watery and will run out of your hands very easily as you try to put it on your hair. I used at least half a bottle to give this shampoo a fair try, but the results were consistently below average.

Overall, I would not repurchase this product as I've found better sulfate-free shampoos on the market.

Great smelling shampoo!

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo:

I just decided to look for a more natural shampoo that didn't have any parabens in it. I discovred Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Pomegranate and Soy shampoo and I've been happy with the results!

Pros:o I love the smell of this shampoo! The fragrance is great, it is not too overpowering, just the right amount of fragrance.o I have seen other reviews saying that this shampoo didn't lather, so I was a bit concerned to try it, but I think it lathers great and didn't have any problems with that.o My hair seems shinier and feels clean.o I love that is doesn't have a bunch of chemcials and other "things" added to it. I'm trying to use more natural products and this fits the bill.

Cons:o The shampoo is a lot runnier than other shampoos I have used in the past. However, that isn't really too big of an issue for me, you just have to be a bit more careful when squeezing it out that you don't let it run all over.

Overall I woule recommend this shampoo!