3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

this creme is the BEST hand creme EVER!

I have tried a bazillion hand cremes in search for something to help my over-washed hands.  This is it!!!  I put this thick shea butter creme on at night and rub it in and put on a pair of cotton gloves and my hands are so soft and smooth in the morning.  I couldn't ask for anything more amazing.  This creme is very thick and must be rubbed in well and quickly as it will try to squirm right out of your hands.  It does a great job of repairing cracked, sore and tired hands.

I read in another review that the smell was bad, however I haven't noticed a smell at all.  So...if you're looking for a thick, healing, very affordable creme for your hands, this is the one to go for.  Enjoy!

My, what stinky, smelly, sickening hands you have!

***Quick View***: This hand cream is decent but smells really bad. With no scent, it would be Ok bit with the scent, ewwwww. ***My Experience with Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Crème***

I had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I tried this cream. I unscrewed the cap and squeezed out a good sized amount into my palm. The crème is yellow. I thought it was old but that is the real color. It's very thick and will roll right out of your hand if you don't rub it in quickly. Then there is the scent. I have never smelled any skin product that smells like this crème. It is a putrid scent of something very medicinal and very off putting. I can smell herbs but not woodsy, fresh ones. Poisonous, run for your life ones. The scent is really that strong and that unpleasant. My older son asked what stunk when I first used this crème! He said it smelled like what they sprinkle on vomit in school. Great, my hands smell like vomit scent inhibitor! Getting past that, the cream is rich and hydrates my skin. It isn't oily or greasy. The crème coats my hands but leaves them tacky and feeling weird for a while. It takes about 10 minutes for my hands to feel soft and "normal". Unfortunately, it takes longer for the scent to go away. It lingers and lingers. I would never wear this cream around people. I wouldn't want to subject anyone else to the jarring scent. ** *M**y Viewpoint ***

****This crème is 98% natural. I would have been very happy if it were only 95% with added fragrance to make it tolerable! It does soften my hands and it isn't greasy (but it is sticky/tacky for a while) but I can't imagine going out smelling like I need to wash my hands because I got into something nasty. ***2 stars. ***It's not a terrible creme but the scent is enough to knock you over and not in a good way!

Like a bug on the windshield.

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream is designed to keep my hands healthy. I wash my hands roughly fifty times a day at the hospital were I work. Keeping my hands healthy is important to me. I tried Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream and found it to be yucky. I did not like it. The Repair Cream recommends using gloves at bedtime after application. I found it tough to wear gloves while sleeping.

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream has a medicinal scent that I found disgusting. A more pleasant scent would be favorable.

Absorption
Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream recommends wearing gloves on your hands over night while it is absorbed. I found my hands to be greasy and slimy in the morning. I had to wash my hands to get rid of the greasiness which dried my hands out. Very counterproductive.

My hands were softer, but with the smell and way I had to use the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream I threw it out and tried something else. I do not recommend this hand cream.

• Absorption:

This Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme is SUPERB!

from Xenia, OH

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

The Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme (shea butter) is absolutely SUPERB! I lavishly apply it at night and wake up to MUCH softer hands in the morning! As I have a tendency to have eczema-ridden hands, this creme has become a life saver! I'm also fond of the fact that this product is 98% natural. It does exactly what it touts: softens as well as protects and heals. No misrepresentation here! Also, the creme is VERY easy to squeeze out of the tube since the creme is on the 'thin, runny' side. I LOVE the scent--must be the botanical oils (sesame, borage, macadamia nut, rosehip, and sunflower). The smell is VERY soothing, perfect for my pre-bedtime application--actually makes me quite sleepy! The only downfall to this creme is its size. It comes in a ridiclously-sized tube. It would behoove the Burt's Bees company to offer this lush stuff in a jar-sized concoction. If it were offered in a jar versus a mere tube, perhaps the additional volume would help in lowering the price of the creme.

Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme with Shea Butter Softens Hands

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme is designed to soften hands and keep them soft with regular use. It contains all natural ingredients to do this job naturally. The natural oils work together to keep hands soft and also your nails and cuticles.

Burt's Bees recommends putting on gloves after applying this product at night time and sleeping with the gloves on. This holds the moisture in for your hands to get the most benefit from the product.

This product comes in a 3.18 oz. purple tube.

So what is in it?

**Ingredients**:

Aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), glycerin, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), macadamia ternifolia seed oil, rosa canina (rosehip) seed oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, parfum (fragrance), tocopherol, retinyl palmitate, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, borago officinalis (borage) flower oil, calendula officinalis flower, plantago lanceolata (plantain) leaf extract, alchemilla vulgaris (lady's mantle) leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glycine soja (soybean oil), canola oil (huile de colza), olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale), sodium borate, sodium chloride, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, benzyl alcohol, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, limonene, linalool.

**My Thoughts**

I have loved most of Burt's Bees products. This one is not one of my favorites. And it is not because it doesn't perform well, it does. The product simply has a strong medicinal scent to it. It's a little offending if I must be honest. Who wants to go around smelling like a medicine plant? Or go to bed with a strong odd scent--not exactly what your husband is looking forward to I'm sure! I know my husband told me to go wash that stuff off the one night I applied it before bed. Oh and about wearing gloves on your hands when you go to bed--I just can't do that. I feel trapped.

On the other hand, I have used Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme during the day and have to admit it does a great job of softening hands. The scent is strong and if you are not in seclusion, other people will notice. If they are close to you they will ask what the smell is. Be prepared.

**Recommendation**

I recommend Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme if you can handle the smell. That is the only drawback to this product. It works and is an all natural product.

This product has a very yucky smell as noted above. It smells like medicine and has a very strong odor. This is not something that you will want to use and go outside of your home.

Absorption
Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme absorbs well into the skin but is a bit greasy. It's worth it if you want really soft hands!

Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme is an effective product and delivers soft and velvety hands. I love the fact that this is all achieved with a product made of all natural ingredients!

• Absorption:

Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme: the only kind I will EVER use!

from Waltham, MA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

I am one of those people who hates having things on her skin. If you can't wash it off, I won't use it. I'd rather get a sunburn than put on sunscreen. However, this winter my hands got really dry and painful, to the point where I couldn't even use a pencil. Obviously, the moisturizing soap I use wasn't doing enough. This is where **Burt's Bees Hand Repair Creme **came in: my girlfriend had a bottle and she insisted I use it. A few days and my hands were functional again without pain! I do have to use it every day to keep them from getting dry again, but it WORKS and smells nice, too. The only issue I have with it, really, is that it's too expensive. Yet, while I grumble about it, I'm willing to buy it anyway because it just works so well!

Burts Bees hand repair, really works

from Salinas, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

This is my favorite hand lotion. They call it "repair creme" for a reason. It's great on dry or chapped skin. I get calluses on my hands from writing and typing and gardening but burts bees hand repair creme really helps and takes them away. This particular product can be hard to find, but it's well worth it. It's also a bit pricey compared to other hand lotions, but it's really a good buy if you think of the quality. The creme is thick and rubs in well. It isn't runny and you feel like it's real creme. It smells divine, and it's easy to use since it comes in a tube. The only downside I've found is that tube can burst open after heavy use, so it's not the best thing to carry in your purse. But it is a great addition to a health and beauty repitoire, so I'd recommend it to anyone who uses their hands for hard work or for work that leaves them dry, callused or chapped. It's also mostly natural and isn't tested on animals.

Works, but smells horrible and is greasy

from Apex, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

First, I love Burt's Bees products.  I really like how everything is paraben free.  This is a really good product to use at night, but you definitely have to wear gloves.  Don't expect to apply this, and then pick up a pencil and be able to write anything without it slipping out of your hands!

It really does work well.  It gets in deep and can heal dry, cracked hands.  But like other reviewers mentioned, it smells horrible.

It smells truly awful. I thought it was old.

from Medford, MA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

oh my. All those fantastic ingredients can't make up for the aweful smell. At first I thought the cream went bad, but apparently it is supposed to smell like that (hospital/old people). I didn't return it because I wanted to give it a shot, but have to say that it is not a wondercream. Other, better smelling ones perform better (e.g., Weleda Cold Cream).

Works great, smells horrible.

from Palmerton, PA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

I have very dry skin and work in healthcare so i am constantly washing my hands and applying hand creams.  This hand cream works wonderfully.  It's thick but it doesn't make my hands greasy, just soft.  But the smell is so horrible, like medicine with lavender in it, and everyone at work smells it immediately when i put it on, that's why it loses a star.

Heals cracked skin fast!

from Cambridge, MA

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

As you'll see if you scan my reviews, I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees products... And this is possibly my very favorite one. My partner and I both get very dry hands in the winter (which is very dry here in Massachusetts, especially when the winds start whipping), due to eczema... And they get cracks, some of which are very deep and tend to bleed. I've tried so many different products for hands and feet that I couldn't even begin to try to list them all for you. And, when my hands are at their worst, I will always turn to this creme. While the scent is strong, I find it pleasant and so does my super-picky fiance. It can also feel a bit greasy when you first apply it, but that goes away once the creme is absorbed into your skin; and, after it's absorbed, your skin will continue to feel soft and supple for a good while. The staying power of this stuff is fantastic! I also really love that Burt's Bees products are all made with mostly natural ingredients and that the company never tests any of its products on animals.

the smell becomes very soothing as you feel your hands healing

from Granbury, TX

Comments about Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme:

i have always been a fan of burt's lip balm but was a bit skeptical in venturing out into their other products for fear that their other products wouldnt be as good. yet on trying the burt's bees hand repair creme with shea butter, i was pleasantly surprized with the outcome. the greasy part disappears in just a few minutes and what you are left with is are soft non-greasy slightly-fragranced hands. great stuff!