Other Antiseptics & Antibiotic Ointments:

Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

It "Res-Q's me" from burns, cuts, scrapes, and "what-nots"

Burt's Bees Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment comes in a nostalgic little green container  with a quaint picture of a man, that harkens back to "olden days" when ointments were conjured up in little kettles and dispensed as a "cure-all" for bumps, scrapes, burns, cuts, irritations, and "what-nots" by small Mom and Pop companies. While this ointment  may have an "old-fashioned appeal" in appearance to everyone, its efficacy, as a treatment for a whole lot of things, is firmly planted in the 21st century.

I love this cream so much because it reminds me of my grandmother's home-made ointments that worked in a similar fashion. She grew herbs, used beeswax, and various flower extracts to create little soothing unguents that she also sealed in little quaint containers such as the type that Res-Q Ointment utilizes. The smell of this  Res-Q Ointment reminded me of those days when she applied her own soothing, but pungent-smelling, homemade ointments to my scraped knees, and countless "boo -boos".  It may be a little strong smelling to some, but, its healing abilities will help compensate for its unusual odor.

Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment is so effectively simple in soothing burns, paper cuts, cuticle tears, and little bruises, that I carry it in my purse, always. Last week, I utilized it to soothe the sting of a myriad of insect bites from fire ants. In Florida, fire ants are the scourge of the land. They bite and inject a toxic alkaloid venom which leaves a painful, itching, burning pustule.  This Res-Q cream helped soothe these painful insect bites.  Not only did it soothe the bites, but, it helped my skin heal with its gentle non-greasy emollience.

In addition, while organizing my husbands paperwork,  I got a bunch of paper cuts that were  so painful, so small, and somewhat debilitating. They were everywhere. I immersed my tender fingertips in a tad of this cream--and it really soothed that sting. I've also used it  for sunburned noses, little contact burns from grills, stoves, and a  broken blister on my heel.  I applied Res-Q cream over the blister near my Achilles Tendon, bandaged it, and instant relief!

How does  Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment  work so effectively, in so many ways?  Well, it's simple enough. It relies on a few ingredients that seem to be beneficial for most of the common scrapes, burns, cuts, bruises, and "what-nots" that life brings us.

INGREDIENTS:  Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Wheat germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin E, Lavender Oil, Comfrey Leaf, Root Extracts

DIRECTIONS:  Apply a thin layer  of ointment to affected area and continue twice a day until relief is recognized.  Not tested on Animals.  95.70% Natural

MY OPINION:  An effective compilation of 95.70% ingredients that work consistently every time.

Res Q Ointment is not my favorite Burt's Bees product.

As a nurse, I know that with many little scratches and scrapes, the best thing for healing is that the are be kept clean and moist. I'm not the type to slather everything at home with an antibiotic ointment, I usually think some vaseline or A&D does the trick. This ResQ is about the consistency I would have in mind, except that it is oddly gritty, and frankly, a bit thick to apply gently to the wound, and a cotton swab would unravel in the tip if you tried to scoop some out with that to keep your fingers out of the salve. Maybe we just got a bad tin? I will probably never know, because I wouldn't buy it again. It has that sort of herbal, medicinal smell, that while technically unpleasant, I associate with certain natural products, and since it is not a beauty product, and the smell is not that strong, I don't think that is a deal breaker. Honestly, if you just need a nice ointment to keep a cut from crusting up and/or cracking, you'd probably be happier with the results you'd get from Burt's Bees lip balm.

must have item

from Washington DC

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective

Cons

• Keep In The Medicine Cabinet

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

This is a must have item in my household. I keep one in my kitchen. One in bathroom one in my purse and one in my car. Even if you are not sure if I can apply it in certain situations/conditions. I still do for the simple reason that it is natural. And it will either make it better or do nothing. I just love love love it. I even gifted one each to my mom and my sisters. What more can I say about this wonderful product.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Res-Q Ointment

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

I love Burt's Bees products because they are natural and effective! And this Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment is no different! I decided to give this a try after finding a little tin of it at a drug store for a quarter! It turned out to be a great investment! Whenever I have minor cuts and scrapes I put this cream on it and it's just as effective as neosporin without all of the harsh chemicals. Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment is especially great for those sore parts under your nails if you ever get those. What I always do when that happens is put some of this cream under my nail overnight and it's healed like magic by the morning whereas before it would take a few days to heal. Overall this cream is really great for adults as well as kids! It's great for sensitive skin and won't irritate skin or cause any and reactions. The scent is a little weird initially and the color looks like peas but that I can get past because of how well this cream works to speed up the healing of my boo boos!

Burt's Bee's Res Q Ointment great on all types of problems

from Salem, NH

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

The Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment is a great product.  I have always loved all Burt's Bee's products and the ResQ Ointment is no exception.  I have used this product on many different types of skin irritations.  What is great about this Burt's Bee's product is that it is all natural and when smoothed on skin does not feel too greasy.  The Res Q Ointment gives a cool somewhat tingly feeling when applied to the skin and does not rub off too quickly.  It is really great on bug bites, burns, poison ivy, rashes, skin patches etc.  It also comes in a very handy tin which makes it very easy to carry around, and also easy to access the ointment.  I recommend for anybody and everybody that gets any kind of rashes or has skin that is easily irritated.  The Burt's Bee's Res Q Ointmen is also great to use because it doesn't irritate children's skin.  I have used it on multiple types of irritations on a child and they did not find it irritating but rather soothing and he stopped picking at his skin.

Ease of Application
    Sometimes it's hard sticking your finger in the tin and not getting a ton under your nail.

Side Effects
    no side effects!

• Side Effects:

A little tin of healing goodness

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream .6 oz is a must have for every households first aid kit. I use many of the Burt's Bees products and was looking for a natural ointment for cuts and burns.  Once again Burt's Bees delivers, this product is amazing.  A little tin of natural herbs and healing ingredients.  The ointment is green and goes on smooth. Note: green ointment will stain your clothing so be careful.  It's non irritating and gentle to the skin. The fragrance has a pleasant earthiness. Excellent for burns, cuts and skin irritations.  I had a serious burn on my finger and applied the ointment right away.  I continued to apply the cream throughout the day and all through the night. I did not cover with a bandage but made sure to sleep with my arm extended away from the bed. By the next morning the burn had not blistered and all that remained of the burned area was a slight redness. The cream is gentle enough to use on pets.  If my furbabies have a little cut,out comes the Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream.  I buy this little tin for everyone and always recommend.  Now that the Burt's Bees line is available in most stores its readily available for purchase. Natural healing! Oh so good!

this ointment is speeds up the healing process.

Side Effects
    no side effects very gentle on the skin

• Side Effects:

The must have ointment for scrapes, bites, burns and cuts

from Houston, TX

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

It's time to be outside (well in Houston it almost always is) but with the warm and hot spring and summer months it seems we are outside a lot more than ever before. But that also means more bumps, bruises, scrapes, bites and cuts than ever before.  Since I am trying to use healthier choices for my children I discovered **Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment** and now it's a must have item.

***What I like about Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment: ***

- uses all natural, healthy ingredients to soothe, disinfect and protect

- easy to use

- no burning

- relieves pain and itching

- a little goes a long way

***What don't I like about Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment: ***

- that the container is so small I think I'm going to need this a whole lot more

We go out a great deal. We go to parks, swimming, splashpads and many other playdates where bumps, bruises and scrapes are a regular part of the day. During a recent playdate after my daughter slipped and fell a mom introduced me to **Burt's Bees ResQ Ointmen**t . It works on so many things and the small jar fits in my purse sized first aid kit! I can take it anywhere!

*Burt's Bees ResQ Ointmen**t soothed my daughters scrape and concrete burn as soon as it was applied

Ease of Application
    Just dip your finger and apply.

Side Effects
    No side effects at all, except that fact that your child's boo boo feels better.

better than neosporin!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

I recently started using Burt's Bees Res Q Oinment Cream on my cuts and scrapes instead of Neosporin and I love it!  It is great because it is all natural and actually works really well.  It does appear slightly green on skin but I either use a band aid (like I would with Neosporin) or I put it on at night just before bed.  I have also used this on my hands when I have accidentally burned myself and it is amazing.  It instantly cools and actually helps to heal the burned area.  Neosporin to me, now just seems kind of plastic-y.

It does have a faint smell of the oils used in it but I find once I put it on I don't really notice any odor.  The tin can sometimes be hard to open and close and it would be nice it could be packaged in a way where you could apply directly to the area but I still give it 5 stars because it is just that good.  As a kid who grew up using Neosporin, I am amazed at how much better I Like Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment.

great for small cuts and scrapes

Side Effects
    a little sticky

Godsend in a tin!

from Davenport, FL

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

This is the best product you can buy from cuts, scrapes, bumps, bruises, bee stings, splinters, rashes, owies and ouchies. You only need a little of the ointment, just rub it on and with in a day or so it's as if nothing ever happened. Aside from this being a miracle in a tin it is not tested on animals at all. Burt's Bee's is a cruelty free product line and that is a major selling point for me.

LOVE THIS STUFF

from Chanute, KS

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

I got this this for a present in a burts bees outdoor kit and was sceptical of the whole kit. When i ran across it a few months later i decided to give it a try.  It softens and is easy to apply if you just set your finger on it for a min., the heat from your finger seems to warm it quickly. I now use it for EVERYTHING. It can sting a bit on open fresh wounds, burns, and rashes but it doesnt last long and wont hurt durring other applications. My favorite thing to use it on is burns. Its the only thing i have found that i can smooth over a burn to keep it from stinging hours later! Its also great for rashes. I got something like a diaper rash once from exercizing in the heat and i didnt have anything to treat it! After showering I applied the ointment to the rash, stung for a sec, then it didnt bother me for the rest of the night. By morning it was gone!

Cure-all for dry, chapped skin, scrapes, and cuts!

from Warner Robins, GA

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

I suffer from extremely dry skin in the winter and get patches of eczema on my face and neck.  I've tried just about everything on these patches with limited success.  I have to use a cortisone cream and while it slows the ithchiness, my skin is still horribly dry no matter what moisturizer I use.  I've found that when I layer Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment over a combination cortisone/moisturizer cream, it does a wonderful job of softening up the dry skin and keeping it soft all day long.  I don't have to constantly re-apply moisturizers!

I've also found that it works wonders on my dry, chapped knuckles and all those tiny cuts and scrapes I get during the winter that won't heal because my hands are too dry.  It also works to soften up rough elbows, too!

The scent is a wonderful herbal/honey fragrance that I find very enjoyable.  And while the tin is very tiny, a little bit of this ointment goes a long way.

Res Q Ointment, Rescue me!

from Salinas, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Res Q Ointment Cream:

This is an amazing product. I use this all the time. It's a great way to heal your body and your mind. Some people may complain about the smell, but to me, the smell is like my garden, and it soothes my mind and soul, and the reason it smells like my garden is because it's made out of natural ingredients that holistically heal you. So it soothes your body too. It's designed for sore muscles, small scraps, cuts, bumps, and bruises. You probably shouldn't apply it to a gaping wound, but it quickly soothes the small everyday things and speeds the healing process as well. It also smoothes your skin, so you can use to heal the dry, itchy skin patches around a wound. It can help soothe and heal bug bites as well, although burt's bees has a product for that. I carry a tin of this around with me everywhere I go. I have arthritis, and I run it into my hands regularly to soothe those aches and pains.