3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Be chemical free with Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste

I received Burt's Bees Natural Multicare Toothpaste as a sample. I was skeptical that a natural toothpaste could work as well as Crest, Colgate, etc. It did work just as well as the others. My teeth felt clean and plaque free. It didn't have as strong of a flavor as the other toothpastes. It is only slightly minty. It was thicker than other toothpastes and less foamy. I almost felt like I needed to use more toothpaste because it didn't foam up as much as what I'm accustomed to. It's not necessary to use more toothpaste though. The standard amount will clean your whole mouth, you just have to get used to less foam. The color isn't as white as other toothpastes, it is slightly beige. My kids also tried it and said it's not the best tasting toothpaste they ever tried but it does work. Overall it is a really good natural toothpaste. Just realize that natural products work different than chemical ones.

Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste is Nothing to Get Excited Over

I'm all for natural products and love all of the products from the Burt's Bees line that I have tried so far except **Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste**.  I'm really glad that I received this product in sample form before purchasing it and wasting my money.  Although it is an all-natural product, it just doesn't match the "quality" I'm used to from Burt's Bees.

**Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste**

**Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste **is an all natural product with a natural peppermint flavor.  It contains a natural plaque fighting ingredient, cranberry extract, which has been proven to block bacteria that causes plaque in the first place.  The box that this toothpaste came in also claims that this product prevents cavities with regular brushing and promotes healthy gums.  It also is said to whiten teeth by removing any visible surface stains.

**Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste **99.2% all natural.  The active ingredient in this toothpaste is Sodium monofluorophosphate at .77%.  This is the ingredient that fights those awful cavities.

There was one warning on the package that said to "Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age.  If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.  This is a scary statement, especially for parents.

**My View**

This was a generous size sample and I got about a week of use out of it. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't fully commit to it.  A few things that I didn't like were:

1.  The peppermint flavoring was so mild that it didn't last past rinsing which led to...

2.  No fresh breath feeling immediately after use.  Forget it for morning use, it doesn't tackle curing "early morning breath" at all.

3.  Although the product didn't appear to be gritty, it felt like it was actually harming the enamel on my teeth.  My teeth didn't feel the normal gleem and smooth finish I get from regular toothpaste.

4.  This product is more expensive than regular toothpaste and since it doesn't work as well to me, I won't be converting over to **Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste**.

So there you have it, my take on this all natural toothpaste.  It's not for me and I've warned you.  Use at your own risk.  Also, if you have small kids in the house, keep this product stored out of reach - Please!

Recommended:  NO!

Burt's Bees toothpaste

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

Burt's Bees natural fluoride multi are peppermint toothpaste was another let down by the Burt's Bees company. The only thing that I can say I liked about this product was that it is all natural. I honestly do worry about all of the chemicals that I put into my body but i feel that having clean teeth is worth that risk after trying this toothpaste. I put the usual amount that I use on my toothbrush and that covered about a quarter of my teeth, this toothpaste does not foam up it just kinda covers your teeth and doesn't really do anything. The flavor of this toothpaste was just awful like an old peppermint found at the back of a pantry and the texture was like a cream which was weird. It rinsed out easily after trying to work this into my teeth for several minutes. Afterwards my teeth still felt very dirty like this toothpaste had not taken off all of the plaque from my teeth. Would not recommend this toothpaste at all, it's just awful.

Love it

from Yorktown, VA

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

Yes! I love this toothpaste. I love the fact that it is natural, and has no SLS. The only thing I would change about it is the tube design. When you open the cap the toothpaste comes flying out in a slimy way from the last dispense. But overall its a great toothpaste with a great taste and natural ingredients! Seems to whiten, too. A little expensive, though.

Burts bees makes better products than their toothpaste

from Selma, AL

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

Burts Bees toothpaste is a better choice than other commercial toothpaste because it is natural. However I do wish it felt like it is cleaning your teeth when you use it. It has no feel of a cleaning action. I do believe it works it just doesnt feel like it. While other toothpaste feel like they are working I do think Burts is doing more. It does whitin and keep your mouth fresh over a long period. But I would suggest making it minty so it feels better in the mouth. Overall it is a great product because it is a healthy one.

The best toothpaste!

from Bartlesville, OK

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

I have tried lots of toothpastes and this is honestly the only one I have loved. It really makes my teeth clean and love how my whole mouth feels after I have brushed with it. I love too that it is not full of things that I can not pronounce and have no idea what it is.

Great if you are senstive to toothpaste ingredients

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

Some people like Burt's Bees Toothpaste while others think this is nothing special. To me, Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste is a nice option for those who want a more natural toothpaste or for those who cannot use other toothpastes because of their ingredients.

Upon first using the product, I too thought, "what's so great about this stuff anyway?" Well, for starters, it is not the best tasting toothpaste on the market. Because it lacks ingredients that usual toothpastes have, you don't get the best tasting experience. It's not horrible, but it's not great. Likewise, your breathe does not feel fresh after using this product. Then there's the gritty feel of the paste, but then again this is supposed to be a bit abrasive so it can clean your teeth so I wouldn't really knock it down for that. These reasons are why I would not recommend this to the average toothpaste user.

This product is beneficial to those who are very sensitive to certain common toothpaste ingredients. If this sounds like you, then this toothpaste might be a good choice for you. If any toothpaste will do, then I recommend you try another product. The price and lack of freshness after you brush make this a deal breaker for me on most occasions.

Burt's Bees toothpaste is awesome.

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

I received a small sample tube of Burt's Bees toothpaste. I went on a trip and threw this sample in my overnight bag. That night I was a little worried as I pulled out the Burt's Bees Natural toothpaste. It was a little strange looking, lacking the vivid, fake colors of my usual toothpastes. It also appeared a little thicker and more gum-like than the usual toothpastes. It almost reminded me of a putty, both in perceived texture and the color.

I spread some out on my toothbrush, took a deep breath and started to brush- and I LOVED IT. It doesn't foam as much as the other toothpastes, which I liked- I felt like I got a much better cleaning experience and my teeth felt great.The taste was pretty pleasant as well- not overwhelming, but not tasteless either. It was a light flavor that even managed to combat my garlic-bread breath! The toothpaste is all natural. Now, I'm not an all natural buff, but I don't mind going that way as long as the product WORKS! This one did. However, the toothpaste is expensive, so I don't think I'll make it a part of my regular beauty routine just yet. If you can handle the extra expense, or if all natural is particularly important to you- go with this toothpaste! You'll be pleased.

It cleans your teeth...nothing exciting

from Watertown, NY

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

This is another one of the free samples of toothpaste that I have received. It is also another one of those samples that I did not end up buying once my sample ran out. Overall it was not that bad of a toothpaste. It tasted alright and it felt alright but it was nothing spectacular. It is also quite expensive in comparison to other toothpastes in the toothpaste aisle so that was another con. If I am going to pay that much for a toothpaste I want it to wow me at least a little. The taste was clean and minty and it did not leave a bad after taste. It didn't however leave my mouth feeling minty fresh and clean either. It was more of a subtle taste. The texture was not that bad. It was not too gritty and not too soft and watery it was average. The only real plus to this toothpaste is that it is about 99% percent natural so to some that could be enough to justify the price and the averageness of the product but overall I was not that impressed.

I like it because it's natural fluoride toothpaste

from Auburn, IN

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

I love everything that is Burt's Bees so when they came out with a toothpaste I just had to give it a try!

I'm not into using toothpaste for fresh breath or strong minty flavors, so the natural mint flavor is just right for me. I also like that it doesn't have one of those artificial sweeteners which is not good for you. They use xylitol to sweeten it which is a sugar alcohol and has no aftertaste. And athere is some stevia - also a natural herbal sweetener.

Some people might find it a little gritty, but that is due to the natural silica they use in order to better clean your teeth. It's not as bad as the dentist's toothpaste!

A few minor drawbacks - first, the lid is a flip top which broke pretty soon after I started using it. Not that big of a deal since it didn't come completely off. Second, it's hard to keep the inside of the lid clean because the toothpaste sticks to it in a string when you open and close it. The texture of the toothpaste is fine. It's just not as pastey as most other toothpastes. Finally, it's pretty pricey (which is because of the Burt's Bees name) but you can find coupons for it since it's pretty new!

a little funny but a lot of fresh!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

To be honest the toothpaste has a funny taste to it. Its not a bad taste just a little funny,not like other toothpastes. After rinsing though, my teeth felt so clean-almost fresh from dentist clean. Not only did my teeth feel clean but they looked clean and my breath was fresh. The clean feeling lasted quite a long time. I really like this product. If they could make the taste a little better I would give it the full 5 stars.

Burts Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste

from Rapid City, SD

Comments about Burt's Bees Natural Fluoride Multicare Peppermint Toothpaste:

I wasn't expecting much due to the fact that I have tried almost every natural toothpaste out there and none of them seem to give me the refreshing taste I wanted from a toothpaste. I love Burt's Bees products so I thought I would give it a try. Wow---loved it and now it is all I buy. I wanted a natural toothpaste without any chemicals I love the peppermint flavoring and when I am done brushing my teeth they feel clean. This toothpaste is amazing