Other Lips:
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades

Pros

Cons

Lovely...if your lips are not too dry.

I love Burt's Bees Lip Balm.  It is my favorite, and I use it daily...or hourly.  It took me awhile to fall in love with the Lip Shimmers version.  I thought I would fall in love immediately.  The packaging is cute, the color names looked cute.  One day, having left the without my Lip Balm I was going crazy.  So I took the opportunity to grab a Watermelon Lip Shimmer while I was at the bookstore.  The first thing I noticed was that the color was not the same as what you would expect from the packaging.  The cap was a deep mauvey color...which isn't what you expect from Watermelon...and yet with different colored caps, that's what I referred to.  The actual color was much more pink...like Watermelon! :)  The second thing I noticed was that on my dry lips, the color would deposit strangely making my lips look strange.  I felt like I was back in the 80s with bright pink lipstick.  I threw the Lip Shimmer aside and stopped using it for months.

Recently, I received three more Lip Shimmers as a gift.  I decided to try them out again.  They are fabulous if your lips are not overly dry.  They give you a subtle shimmery shine.  So, if your lips are super dry or chapped stick to the original Lip Balm.  If they aren't too dry or chapped and you'd like a hint of color, then go for the Shimmer.

The Lip Shimmer smells just like the original lip balm.

If you like frosted looking, minty lips, this is for you!

Burt's Bees products are a hit or a miss with me.  They are either too waxy or have a weird scent.  The **Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer **is neither of those, but it isn't an ideal lip balm for me.  Although some features are nice, I'm afraid this is going in my "miss" pile.

I bought the **Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer **in the color **champagne**, which is a faint, baby pink.  I was under the impression that the color would be sheer since the packaging says "Luminescent and sheer color in The World's Best Lip Balm", but it was shimmery and frosty.  I normally hate frosty lips, but I use only a little bit on top of lipstick and it looks decent.

The feel of the **Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer **is smooth and minty in the beginning.  After the lip balm wears off, you are left with bits of frost and shimmer on your lips.  I like the way it makes your lips tingle and that it is 100% all natural and not tested on animals, but the frost and texture left behind on my lips is unpleasant.

**Ingredients: **sunflower oil, castor oil, beeswax, candelila wax, lanolin, cocoa butter, vitamin E, peppermint oil, carnauba wax, comfrey root extract, rosemary extract.

**The Scoop!**

The minty feeling on my lips is nice, but I just don't care for the frosty look.  I don't know if all **Burt's Bees Lips Shimmer **colors** **are frosty or if it is just the "champagne" color, but I probably wouldn't buy another one.

Goes on great!

from Toccoa, GA

About Me Trendy Style

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Convenient Container
  • Even Application
  • Glossy Finish
  • Great Color Selection
  • Long Lasting

Cons

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

This is a bit expensive, but you can get on the cheap when on sale and well worth it!

• Skin Tone:
      • Medium

LOVE IT! Performance of a high quality lipstick, but all-natural

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I think this is great. The pigments are high quality, and a little goes a long way. It seems to last pretty well, and the wide range of shades is really nice. I love watermelon and cherry to go with my pale skin. My only complaint is that after I've been wearing it a while my lips seem to dry out a little. I try to put the burt's bees conditioning lip balm underneath it and it helps a lot. Love this stuff.

Best tinted & soothing lip balm on the market!

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I am a HUGE fan of Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer sticks. Discovered them last winter and I was immediately hooked. Soothing for dry, chapped lips. Feels good. Smells good. Looks GREAT with the subtle tinting. I almost always have at least three different sticks on stock at all times (one in my car, one in my bathroom, one in my purse). LOVE THEM!

Medicates while wearing

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

This product comes with great colors for a cosmetic standpoint, but does tend to smudge slightly. However, you can also feel the product medicating your lips, which is good because products usually just cover and color instead of actually working.

Lip Shimmer 1st Burt’s Bees product didn't meet my expectations

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer is the first Burt’s Bees product that I have tried that did not meet my expectations. I was interested to try Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer after having such great success with Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm in Original and Honey, however Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer has none of the moisturizing properties of those favorites. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer applies and remains with the consistency of housepaint, so in that way longevity might be considered an asset, except that the skin underneath the housepaint doesn’t receive any moisture, so it becomes incredibly dry. I also found the product difficult to remove, because unlike the oils in Burt's Bees Lip Balms that are easily absorbed into lips, the paste of Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer just sits, dry, becomes opaque, and has to be removed with makeup remover. I’d hoped that the product would be closer to a tinted lip balm than a lipstick, but Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer is much closer to a lipstick, and not a very good one.

I love the feel but not the dryness.

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I was so fortunate to get the Burts Bees grab bag this time around and in it were two samples of this lip shimmer. I have been using them but I find that they are EXTREMELY drying to my lips. This may not be the case for others but I don't like that. I do, however, love the minty feel of the product and hope to find another product with that same feel but less drying. Maybe it's the coloring that is doing it and, in that bag, there is a medicated product that I will try when this one is gone (I hate waste). Until then, I will continue to use it and see if my lips get use to it. I hope so because I love Burts Bees products. I will review some of the other items I got in the grab bag, too.

Ok, I have been using this product for over 3 months now and I have to take back the drying comment as it has become a really nice product for my lips. I guess my lip tissue had to get accustomed to the ingredients including the mint additive that gives it the zing I love.

If you haven't tried this lip balm with the all natural ingredients, give it a try. They are inexpensive, come in a variety of colors and feel nice on the lips.

Soft on the lips

from Chelsea, OK

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

This product is soft on the lips and has great colors also, i got the color nutmeg and its a dark color that stays on pretty good, so this one is a winner in my eyes. Comes in lots of colors also, so try it think you will be amazed at how soft it is on your lips

ok product the original lip balm is much better!

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I have mixed feelings about this product. It feels great on the lips, the peppermint feeling is nice, moisturizing, BUT because this has a color I find that the shimmer color settles into lines and leaves a bad lip ring type effect. I don't know if it's because the shade I used was much darker than my lip color. But this isn't a lipstick so I didn't line my lips to avoid the ring like I would with a lipstick. Anyway, love the shades offered and the consistency is great, but I don't like the shimmer +color this product has. I would rather invest in a balm and moisturizing lipstick like the burts bee's original beeswax lip balm. If I was going to buy this product again I would buy it in a more neutral shade closer to my natural lip color.

This is great, but the color palette is off a bit.

from Norwalk, CA

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I got a couple different Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers off their website when they were having a good sale. I like the regular Burt's Bees lip balm so much that i thought I'd give these a try...and I love them! The lip shimmer glides on my lips with a nice color tint that looks like I have on lipstick. The only problem is that the color palette that the show is not exactly how they look when on the lips. The color is a bit lighter, which I was actually happy about. I tried the Merlot, even though it looked very dark in the color chart they have on their website...and it was not as dark as I thought it might be. I love it and the Raisin, which also isn't as dark as shown. Before I'm out the door in the morning, I swipe on my Burt's Bees lip shimmer and it feels great, gives me some color, and lasts on my lips a lot longer than most lip sticks I've tried. I would definitely recommend trying it!

Moisturizing, tingly, slightly shimmery, tinted lip balm.

from Orange, VA

Comments about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - All Shades:

I like this tinted lip balm. It feels very smooth on the lips & produces a slight tingling sensation when you first put it on. I have two shades, Peony & Raisin; both are nice colors for cooler skin tones. I keep the Peony on my desk at work & the Raisin in my purse. The colors are not intense & they don't last as long as regular lipstick but the moisture factor outweighs that, especially in the Winter. I'd recommend them for that alone.