3.5

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.5

Pros

Cons

This is the greatest lip balm.

My mom started me off on Burts Bees. She started with the original Burts Bees. I tried it but I didnt like it because it seemed to have a tingly feeling when I put it on. So the next time I went to the drug store I found this one. It is perfect and I love it. It smells great and it is so moisturizing. It is the only lip balm that works to moisturize my lips in the winter. And I love that it is all natural. I love it. It is a little pricey but it is so worth it.

Ugh. Could not be more gross.

**The Verdict: **I love Burt's Bees original lip balm but this Honey Lip Balm is just bad.  The consistency is unpleasant and the scent and taste are just awful.  I could not wait to wipe it off my lips.

**Just the Facts:  **I'm not a huge fan of Burt's Bees products but several years ago someone bought me a gift bag that included a tube of Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm and I really liked that.  So when I saw the Honey Lip Balm I figured I'd probably like it too.  Well I was wrong.

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm is OK as far as lip balms go.  It's loaded with good stuff like shea butter, almond oil, cocoa butter, beeswax and other natural ingredients.  It is thick somewhat sticky so it covered my lips with a thick layer that protects and heals. I took this balm to northern Michigan with me last winter when I spent a weekend snowshoeing and other outdoor sports and it kept my lips soft and prevented them from getting chapped.  So that's a good thing.  I also used it a few times when my lips were chapped and it helped to heal and soften them again quickly.

But the bad thing about this lip balm is the fragrance and taste. It definitely contains honey but not a pure honey scent or taste.  There is rosemary extract and some fragrance added to the balm which gives it an icky floral tone which, when mixed with the semi-fake honey, tastes and smells just all wrong.

**Closing Argument: 2 stars.**  Although Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm has some good things going for it, the scent and taste totally gross me out.

Not-so-effective lip balm

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

I was not a fan of this product though I am a huge fan of the Burt's Bee's line. My lips are not severely chapped (no incessant peeling, not sensitive) but does always need a bit of moisture help. I was so disappointed with this product. It leaves my lips somewhat waxy for the first couple minutes of application and then within ten minutes or so my lips are back to being uncoated, lacking moisture, and requires reapplying. I don't expect lip balms to be a miracle cure all for dry lips but this is the mostly fleetingly moisturizing lip balm I've tried. I don't expect much, just enough moisture where I apply some lip balm at the beginning of my make up routine and by the end of the 15 minutes, my lips are prepped for my lipstick to glide on okay. Even the generic brand from drugstores does a better job. The scent is not that great, the texture is a bit grainy, and most importantly, does not provide decent moisturizing. For the price point, as well as the brand name, I would have expected much more from this product.

Not as great as the original

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

I am a huge fan of burts bees original formula lip balm and even the pomegranite, but the honey one was a bit gritty and not as moisturizing. I found that very surprising, considering, that honey has been a trusted moisturizer for hundreds and even thousands of years. But the addition of honey to this product made it have an unpleasant texture, that would have been better as an exfoliating balm, not a moisturizing balm.If you want amazing moisture and healing, long lasting balm, shoot for the original in my opinion. But a lot of people like this version of burts bees, so if you are a huge fan of burts bees, give it a shot if you want. I found that if I dipped this balm in a tiny bit of sugar, it exfoliated my lips very well. Then I wiped it off, then rinsed it, and put on the regular burts bees balm, and had amazingly soft lips. So that is a good way to use it if you don't like the texture as a balm

I love this lip balm because it is all natural.

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

This is the only lip balm I use because it has only natural ingredients, including beeswax, honey, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, and rosemary leaf extract. I appreciate the fact that it does not have chemicals to prevent sun damage as I use it most often when I am indoors. I do wear this balm outdoors even on sunny days during the summer because I always wear a sun hat, which is providing protection from the sun for my entire face. This balm soothes my dry lips, but does not feel greasy. As far as scent, the odor is pleasant enough, but nothing special. However, I don't buy this lip balm for its scent, but rather for its performance. So, I would recommend this product to anyone interested in relieving his or her dry lips without worrying about the chemicals he or she is exposing himself or herself to. I even wear this balm to bed because the fact that all the ingredients are natural allows me not to worry about the long period of time the product will be on my lips.

Not the best "flavor"

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

The Balm works really well and leaves my lips feeling soft and moist.

The honey "flavor" of Burt's Bees lip balm works well, but does not taste the best. It also doesn't smell very good. This would be my 2nd choice behind their replenishing variety, which smells and tastes excellent.

Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm is my favorite of their balms

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

After trying Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm in Original, I became rather obsessed when the company announced it would be launching a Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm because honey—as a lubricant and anti-microbial—is one of my favorite beauty, body, and bath ingredients. This version of Burt’s Bees Balm follows the same main ingredient list of beeswax, sunflower and coconut oil as the Original balm, and honey is sixth, just before the stabilizing alcohol. Even as a sixth ingredient, the honey smell is wonderfully prominent. Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm also contains vitamin E like other Burt’s Bees balms. I can’t say there is much of a flavor, like the BurtsBees.com website claims, but I also don’t try to taste my lip balm, and I don’t choose lip balm based on taste, but rather how well it moisturizes my lips without over-drying my lips because of additives. Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm smells appetizing, and moisturizes well so it meets all of my needs.

It's colored oddly.

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

My mother gave me this to use once and I have to say I won't be able to use it again. The taste and texture weirded me out. Plus the brownish-tan color was not attractive. I didn't want to put it anywhere near my mouth unfortunately. I do wish there was a more positive aspect to this product but unfortunately I just can't find any.

The best Mouisterizer for your lips!

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

I love this stuff, I will not go anywhere without it. I have in my bag, in my car, on my night stand. My lips feel so soft and smooth when I use this. This come in many different flavors/scents but I am a sucker for the orignial honey. I would highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a great mositurizing lib balm.

Good feel but not a great moisturizer

from Cedar City, UT

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

Burt's Bees generally puts out a great product, but I wasn't as impressed with this lip balm as I had hoped to be. The flavor is delicious, and the feel is great, but generally it feels more like a protective barrier that wears down over time than it does like a more effective moisturizer. Another consequence of the waxy feel is that it doesn't apply well in cold temperatures. The stick becomes overly solid and doesn't glide well over my lips. I was more impressed with this lip balm when I was on vacation in a warmer climate, but the demands of a lip balm are less in that situation. In the cold dry winters we experience in this part of the country, I need something that works well to moisturize and protect my lips all year round.

Keeps lips moisturized and protected!

from Westfield, IN

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

This is my go-to lip balm. I have to have something on my lips at all times and I like this a lot better than sticky lip gloss. I feel that my lips are better conditioned too! This probably isn't for someone who doesn't want to feel the lip balm on their lips, as it is pretty thick and has staying power!

Honey lip balm is perfect

from Paw Paw, MI

Comments about Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:

I love the honey lip balm. My husband received the lip balm as a stocking stuffer gift from his mother last year. It is on his bed night stand, and I am always asking him if I can use the lip balm. He uses it all the time to. It takes care of my/our dry lips right away. I like the scent and the flavor it gives. It is not to greasy. It actually is just perfect.