Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Works well on the occasional zit...

It has been years since I've experienced teenage skin problems so when a container of **Doctor Burt's Herbal Blemish Stick** came in a basket of Burt's Bees products I set it aside.  About a month ago I noticed a few breakout spots around my shoulders.  I was perplexed and wondered where they had come from.  Although I never found out the cause of the breakout I did remember the Blemish Stick I'd squirreled away.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that the "stick" was not a stick at all but a little glass vial with a roll on applicator that comes covered with a screw on top to keep everything neat and clean.The first ingredient of the product is alcohol which helps dry up the breakout spots but somehow doesn't over-dry.  The addition of tea tree oil as well as other natural herbal oils gives the product a boost for healing  but has a definite smell.  **Bottom Line:**The blemish stick worked overnight on my skin problems which I found hard to believe. In my opinion the fact that it does work cancels out any negative smell.  I don't know how the product will work on major acne plagued skin but for the occasional zit is a small miracle.

Burt's blemish stick works, but the scent can overwhelm.

I love Burt's Bees products in general, especially their amazing creams for [dry hands][1]  and feet. I recently had the opportunity to sample their Natural Acne Solutions line and was a bit surprised at how similar the spot treatment is to this older product. They share an obnoxious scent that I believe is due to fennel; because of an aversion to the scent, my fiance won't use it. However, the new spot treatment seems to me to work better than the blemish stick, despite a nearly identical scent and similar (if not identical; I haven't scrutinized the ingredient lists) formulation.

I have hormonal imbalances that cause me to have less predictable skin (ie, more acne outbreaks) than most twenty-something females. This product definitely helped me keep the blemishes under control, but not as well as some other products. As noted by another reviewer, I think that the roll-on applicator is less hygenic than an acne treatment should be; it's too easy to spread bacteria and multiply pimples.

Considering how far a little dab of this product goes, it is worth the slightly high price. However, in my opinion, you'd be better off going for the new line of acne products and leaving this one on the shelf.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Burts-Bees-Natural-Acne-Solutions-Targeted-Spot-Treatment-review-ba760#

Excellent Blemish Reducer

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

This blemish stick absolutely blew me away, totally surpassed my expectations and it's even a natural product! I am so happy I decided to spend that little extra to get this.

This is the most effective blemish or acne product I have ever used. I had been struggling with some stubborn blemishes on my chin, seemed like by the time I got rid one there was a new one. After using a couple of other facial cleansers and doing a lot of clay on my chin with no noticeable effect, I finally tried this and poof! the zits have cleared up and the new ones aren't really getting started once I put this on them.

Ease of Application
Once you turn the roller with your finger it goes on really easily.

Convenience
This is a very fast treatment, doesn't add more than a minute to my routine.

Side Effects
I have somewhat sensitive skin and I haven't had any irritation at all.

Immediacy
By far the fastest acting blemish treatment I have ever used. I saw results within one day.

Still Deciding

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I've just started using this product in the last month and it works pretty well. I feel better using an organic product rather than one with all the extra ingredients added. I am hoping that it ends up working well. It's doing okay so far. I have noticed a little difference, but not much. I have heard that it works well on others. I like that it rolls onto your skin with the roll on top. The smell is pretty good and it soaks in well.

It was a little effective in taking away some redness by the next day and making my skin feel better. Still deciding on whether it works to get rid of acne.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to apply and I really liked the roll on top. My easier than squeezing cream onto your finger and less messy.

Convenience
It comes in very handy, is easy to travel with and applies well. It's nice to have on hand.

Side Effects
There weren't really any side effects. It helped a little bit with my face, but didn't have any problems with it at all.

Immediacy
Easy to have on hand when you need it right away. Fits well in a purse for on the go.

another great product

from San Diego ca

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I love using Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick for spot treatments on my blemishes. This product is so convenient, and easy to use even when I am traveling. It comes in a glass tube with a roller ball applicator which is great at distributing the liquid to my problem area. I like to wash my face before I apply it that way I am not transferring germs back into the roller ball applicator the product works better when your face is clean anyway. I apply it only at night it has a very pungent smell, because of all the natural oils this contains people will notice you are wearing it. The Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick is very effective at decreasing my mild blemishes in as little as a day I had great success with it. When I apply it to my skin it does tingle just for a little bit, and then the sensation goes away in a minute other than that I have not had any other side effects that made me stop using the product. I highly recommend you use the natural blemish treatment.

No Improvement to Acne and Very Strong Smelling

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I have never really been a supporter of the all-natural approach to beauty products, and Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick lived up to my beliefs and expectations of natural products. I never saw any improvement in the appearance of acne from the use of this product. It is in a very convenient bottle, and I absolutely loved how easy it was to apply using the roll-on tube (one of the best application methods I’ve seen because you don’t have to touch your face and put excess oil on it), but the positivity ended there. This product smells extremely strong. I suppose I should have anticipated that considering that all of Burt’s Bees’ products smell quite strong; however, this one took it to another level. It has a eucalyptus scent that I believe koalas in Australia could probably smell from me simply opening the tube in the United States. It’s not even that the smell is bad or anything, it just is so strong, and who really wants their face to smell like Vick’s, especially when they don’t even have a cold?

• Immediacy:

A handy little tool to have when you get a blemish!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I have been working to retool my facial cleaning arsenal and this is one of the products I purchased to try. It is a fantastic product. Burt's Bees can be a little expensive, but I am glad that I spent the money. It was well worth it. Very recently, I broke out with a terrible blemish on my chin. I had a big meeting a couple days later and I was so worried. I started using Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick and within twenty four hours I could see that the blemish was already going down. The redness started to disappear and the whole spot on my face started getting smaller. I could tell that it was drying out and healing. This blemish stick worked better than any spot treatment I have ever used. By the morning of my meeting, it was small enough that I could easily cover it with make up and it was unnoticeable. I was very pleased and impressed with this product. I am very glad I spent the extra money. I would recommend this product to help fix blemishes any day of the week.

• Immediacy:

A great alternative to the others!

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

Nothing screws up my mood like waking up to find a pimple developing on my face. Having tried many other spot treatments for blemishes, I made the assumption that these spot treatments don't work. Still hopeful, I decided to try the Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick when I saw it on sale. The first thing I noticed about this blemish stick that I thought was unique was the smell of it. It didn't stink and it didn't smell like chemicals, it smelled more like essential oils to me. The stick was easy to use, but you do have to roll it around before the liquid starts coming out. It didn't burn my skin, like many other blemish sticks have. While it took about four days for the blemish to clear up I did notice that it was starting to go down after day two. There was a bit of peeling that occurred on the blemish spot, but other than that it was great! The price was decent for how well the stick worked.

Blemish Stick

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I was pleasantly surprised when Burt's Bees came out with a blemish stick. I've always used their chap stick and loved the tingly sensation it left on my lips. The blemish stick does exactly the same thing to your problem prone areas. It was around three days or so before I really noticed changes. When I apply it to the area at night the next morning my acne is at a head and ready for me to get rid of which makes it so much easier and lessens my chances of scarring from not being able to reach my acne with my fingers.

Ease of Application
I enjoy how it has a little roller ball at the end for really easy and smooth application. It helps you not to overdo it on those areas.

Convenience
I wish the tube was slightly bigger so that I wouldn't have to buy another blemish stick so often. That's really the only slightly inconvenient thing about it.

Side Effects
I noticed a little dryness when I just used the blemish stick without any added moisturizer.

• Immediacy:

Not the best, but not bad.

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

I was expecting a little more from Burt's Bees.

It decreased the swelling of the pimple on my forehead the first day I used it. However, when I put it on, the inflamed area started burning really bad. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not. This probably should not be used on blackheads.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply. Just unscrew the cap, and roll it on. It's an herbal oil, so it may take a couple minutes for it to absorb into the skin.

Convenience
It comes in a small vial, and can easily be stored away in a purse if you need it on-the-go.

Side Effects
It really burns when you put it on. But it only lasts for a couple seconds. Like when you put rubbing alcohol on a wound. Also, the smell is really strong, and makes me kinda nauseous. It smells like sage and rosemary. Or medicine depending on how your nose is.

Immediacy
It only takes a couple hours for you to see results. I put it on before I went to bed, and when I woke up, the pimple was nearly gone. It was a small prime, though.

Burt's Bees Blemish Stick

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

This stuff stinks, and didn't even work! I loved the fact that it was all natural. I saw it on sale, so I figured I would try it because I love all the other Burt's Bees products. As soon as I opened it, the smell started to burn my eyes! It smells so bad! I had high hopes for it, so I thought I would try it. The smell lasted for a couple of hours until I didn't really notice it anymore. I tried this product for a couple of weeks, and didn't see a difference in my skin at all. I was very disappointed because I love the whole Burt's Bees line.

This did nothing for my pimples! It didn't make them worse, but it didn't help at all!

Ease of Application
It was very easy to apply. It rolled right on, but that's the only good thing I can say about this product. It also dried very quickly.

Convenience
It was very convenient. It was simple to use, and didn't make a mess or leave any product on my fingers.

Side Effects
I didn't experience any side effects from this product.

• Immediacy:

Painful, unhygenic product that does not work.

Comments about Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick:

This herbal blemish stick resembles some lip glosses because it has a rolling ball that makes the herbal serum come out when you roll it. This product burns your skin like crazy. I do not have sensitive skin and it stung my skin very badly. The next day when I woke up my face would be as red as a tomato. Not only did it not clear the acne, but made my skin worse because of the redness it caused.

This herbal stick did anything but be effective. It made my skin worse.

Ease of Application
The easy application is probably the only thing I liked about this herbal stick. You literally just roll on the serum.

Convenience
Very convenient. The price was great; this brand is also very trustable.

Side Effects
The side effects were terrible! It caused redness in my skin, and made my skin so dry, it would always peel.

Immediacy
I saw results the first couple days using this product, (not drastic) but after the first few days the results stopped showing and my skin started worsening.