3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

very effective

Received this product as a gift some time ago but never tried it. This winter, my hands have been extremely dry. I've tried several products and none of them seemed to help very much, so finally I dug this out and gave it a try. The texture is a bit sticky and I definitely don't enjoy the smell (not a fan of banana), but I can overlook those because this product is amazing! I applied it before bed and wore moisturizing gloves while I slept. When I wrote up, my hands were soft and smooth, no longer dry, chapped and disgusting. Between the extreme cold temps this year and working in a restaurant where I'm constantly washing my hands and using cleaning products, my hands have been the driest I've ever seen them. But this product manages to fix my nasty hands every single time. I wish I realized sooner just how great this stuff is.
I'd suggest using this product with moisturizing gloves, either before bed or when you don't plan on doing much with your hands. If your hands are uncovered, everything you touch will stick to them (so don't go folding clothes, petting your dog, etc). Aside from this minor annoyance, this is a fantastic product!

Personally, I hate bananas. Some people might like it

Stays sticky for a while but will eventually be absorbed completely

The only product that has worked for me this winter

If you love the smell of rotten bananas, you'll love this cream!

***Quick View:***Burt's Bees products are hit and miss for me. Some, I like a lot and others, I just can't stand. This hand cream does the job but the scent is amazingly bad. You have to love bananas, no, rotten bananas, to use this stuff. It's also thick and doesn't absorb well. Ew.

***About Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme***

This cream comes in a two ounce glass jar with a metal top. Burt's Bees is dedicated to recycling and using packaging that is recyclable, which I feel is valiant. They also stay as close to natural as possible. This cream is is 100% natural. The ingredients, in case you are wondering, are below.

*Sweet Almond Oil, Water (Purified), Beeswax, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Kaolin (Natural Clay), Grapefruit Seed Extract, Banana Fragrance (Natural), Carrageenan Extract, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Beta Carotene, Glucose, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase*

The cream is very thick and has a very strong odor. The banana scent is there but it isn't a fresh banana scent. It smells like a weird combination of rotten bananas and wax.Or something nasty. Getting past the scent, the cream is very concentrated and greasy. You need just a small amount to cover your hands. Once your hands are covered, they will stay greasy for quite a while. This cream is best used at night with gloves or when you have some time to just sit there and let it absorb. It does hydrate my hands and soften them but the stench lingers and I can't stomach it. Burt's Bees makes an Almond Milk cream which is in the same type of jar and smells like candy almonds. It's awesome. This cream is NOT. They both work well but the scent of the **Beeswax & Banana Creme** is off putting and smells like putrid bananas. I won't use it as a hand cream. I sometimes use it as a foot cream because I can't smell it as well on my feet. Yuck.

***My Viewpoint***

This hand creme is all natural and concentrated. It is fairly inexpensive and it does hydrate my hands. However, it is very greasy and smells raunchy to me. I love fruity scents but this banana scent is almost sickening. I don't like it and don't use it on my hands. It works like an average hand cream but the scent makes it below average.*** 2 stars.*** I recommend it only to those who can stand the stench.

I like this; I want to eat it.

from Wisconsin

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

I go through a lot of hand cream year round. I keep some under my sink in a cupboard at all times because I cannot stand dry hands, and since my hands are getting wet all the time from working in the kitchen, I really go through the stuff. The trouble with using this Burt's Bees banana one is that I want to eat it. The smell kicks in my sweet tooth something fierce. Probably not a good thing to have with little kids around because they probably would eat it. It's not an overpowering smell though. I like the the "waxy" feel that it gives my hands (and knees and elbows as I'll frequently just throw some on those spots once in awhile while doing my hands, especially if I'm wearing shorts or something). I always like having jars like this, too, because you can get every little bit out without having to stand it upside down so it all drains out. I think this actually might even leave a protective barrier on the skin when using. Not that it feels gunky or caked on or greasy or anything, but just smooth and protected.

Niiiiice

Overpowering, but Moisturizing.

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

You really need to like bananas to use this cream. If you don't like bananas, save your money! The smell is so overpowering. You will smell like a banana if you use this and the scent does not go away. I would recommend to apply before bed and shower when you wake up. That way, you get a nice dose of moisture, but don't smell like a banana. When I say you will smell like a banana, I mean it. Like, do not use this if you are going to a zoo, the monkeys will love you!
Moisture: fantastic. One of the best hydration products I have used. I would honestly continue to use this if it did not smell like monkey bait. I will use it every so often, but I must be in a mindset to think about the moisture and hydration my skin is getting instead of the disgusting, over powering banana smell. My hands have honestly never felt softer.

I like bananas, but this is way too much. Too overpowering. Drop it down a few notches on the banana and I will gladly use this product more.

Absorption
Definitely absorbs, hydrates, and moisturizes very well.

very effective

Personally, I hate bananas. Some people might like it

Stays sticky for a while but will eventually be absorbed completely

The only product that has worked for me this winter

• Absorption:

Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme misses the mark!

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme misses the mark!

What can I say about this product? I really do like many of Burt's Bees other products. They have a good reputation and they really do have a very wide variety of products. But of all the Burt's Bees products I have tried in the past, this is the one that I would give the lowest rating.

I know that no one product is good for all applications, but this one really misses the mark. I could only see using it if I had very, very rough, dry hands. And I would use it at night kind of like to "over moisturize". And I think I would have to wear gloves over this creme.

Scent:
This is a personal opinion, but I did not like this scent at all. To me, it actually smells somewhat like an artificial banana smell. Pretty intense, and not very pleasant!

Absorption:
This creme does absorb into dry skin, but not completely. After putting it on my hands, my hands feel VERY greasy. My hands are uncomfortably sticky and slick.

Effectiveness:
I'll give this "5" rating. It does moisturize super dry skin. But it isn't effective if I don't use it. I won't use it, so it is not effective for me.

Overall, this was a big "miss" for me. No thanks! I do like many of Burt's Bees other products. Just not this one.

Stinky Banana Hand Cream

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

Okay, I hate bananas anyway, but the scent of this hand cream (as powerful and effective as it may be) really threw me off. It honestly does not smell good, whether you like bananas or not. While you might expect a mild, fruity scent, you will be surprised at the magnitude of the power of this banana smell.

All that aside, this product is otherwise a great product. It is very moisturizing and nourishing, and gives your skin and hands the moisture they need. Even though this is marketed as a hand cream, it can be used as a kind of body lotion but that isn't the most practical use of this product as it is rather thick and harder to spread around. Absorption takes a while, and you do have to work a bit at massaging it into your hands. It may feel sticky too, but once it's all absorbed, that problem vanishes. Be patient, because the ingredients are natural and potent and need a little more time to get rubbed in and release their benefits.

Disgusting. Smells like extremely potent banana flavored chew-able vitamins.

Absorption
A bit difficult, but will absorb when patiently massaged into your skin.

Delivers deeply moisturizing results.

Too greasy!

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

Usually I enjoy buying products from Burt's Bees. However, when I bought and tried out the Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme, it just felt so greasy and not pleasant at all! I advise anyone who buys this product, to apply very little amount to your skin, because it's so greasy.

• Absorption:

Burt bees delivers on their promises

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

I love Burt Bees products to begin with, and I received this hand cream as a gift. I am so impressed by this hand cream. First of all, the smell of the cream is fantastic. Smells like real bananas. My hands were dry and cracked. I used this product before bedtime, and the next day, my skin on my hands had improved dramatically.
Another reason I love Burt Bees is because they do not use animals for their product tests. As an owner of two rabbits, this makes me happy!

Love the banana smell,

Great; not greasy

Major improvement in one use

• Absorption:

This Burt's Bees Hand Creme is just so-so.

from Xenia, OH

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

I did not come away with a very good impression of the Burt's Bees Beeswax and Banana Hand Creme. As Burt's Bees is often touted as a leader regarding hand lotions and cremes, my expectations were admittedly high. While I appreciate the 'naturalness' of this product as well as the all natural ingredients, I felt this creme was average at best when it came to quality. The creme appeared too thick and not too 'spreadable.' Even when I attempted to heat it up a bit, it still was a rather 'stiff' product. It took quite awhile to absorb, and the smell was ghastly! I would wear it to bed at night, expecting softer hands in the morning. Have to say, I didn't notice much of a difference in my hands in the morning. Have used Burt's Bees products off and on, depending upon whether or not I can find a coupon or good deal regarding their products. Must admit they seem to manufacture LOTS of products that you either LOVE or HATE--there seems to be no middle ground. This was definitely one of those HATE relationships regarding this product. :(

• Absorption:

Works, but you'll smell like a banana

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

This is a nice, effective creme for when you have very dry hands.  You don't need to use a lot, so one container will last you a while.  However, I'm not crazy about the fragrance.  Unless you are really crazy about bananas, you probably won't be crazy about the fragrance either.  It is pretty strong.  Also be aware that this is not a lotion- it's a creme and it is greasy.  You won't want to shake hands with someone right after putting this on.  The other downer to this creme is the price.  It is expensive and rarely if ever goes on sale, so I would only buy this if you have really dry hands.

I prefer the Almond Milk Hand Creme to this one.  It is just as effective and in my opinion, smells better (although some of my friends think it smells like Play-Doh).  Whichever kind you get, though, it's nice knowing that the product is made from natural ingredients and was not tested on animals.

Burt's Beeswax & Banana Hand Cream Reeks of Over-rippened Banana

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme:

Winter is here and so is dry skin.  I've been applying hand lotion throughout the day over and over and decided that I needed something a little better since this wasn't working.  I picked up a jar of **Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme **since I've had good luck with **Burt's Bees **products in the past.  This time however, the story has a different ending.

**Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme **

**Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme **comes in a 2 oz. jar.  The product contains beeswax and almond oil to soften skin and repair dry, cracked skin.  It is advertised as having an "a-peeling natural aroma of bananas", which some may disagree with.  I know I do!

**Burt's Bees **recommends using this product on dry, chapped skin especially hands, elbows, knees and even your feet!

The nice thing about **Burt's Bees** products is that they are made from all natural ingredients.  This is nice to know, as most products contain harmful chemicals and we don't even know it or realize the harm they could be doing to our bodies.

**My Thoughts on Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme**

I have to admit that I love the results that this product brings.  However, I cannot stand the smell of this product.  It smells of over ripened bananas which is a very sickening scent.

My skin is left very soft after this product finally sinks in.  Going on it feels greasy and takes its own sweet time sinking into my skin.  Once it drys which is about 10 minutes later, my skin feels nice and soft.

A word of caution that I would like to pass along is that you do not need to use a lot of this product at a time.  Apply very conservatively because it goes a long way.

The bottom line is that if you can stomach the smell and put up with a product that feels greasy at first, you will end up with soft hands and/or skin.

Recommended:  For banana lovers only!

I would give this product a minus one if possible. The scent to me smells like rotten bananas and very strong.

Absorption
Absorbs well and quickly.

Delivers very soft and smooth skin/hands.