Other Coffee Makers:
BXW, BXB, BX B
Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_normal

Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker

Pros

• Brews quickly (5)
  • Durable (5)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Large pot (4)

Cons

• Everyday (5)
  • Home (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (5)

If you LOVE coffee you need a Bunn ThermoFresh & a French press.

I bought my Bunn "Thermo Fresh" coffee pot about two years ago after losing custody of my regular Bunn coffee pot in a bad divorce.  (Yes, it was terrible!  Lost the espresso machine too!)  That's ok though--I upgraded to the Bunn thermal pot and LOVE it!  I even bought an extra carafe so I can brew iced tea and have coffee at the same time.

The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot and fresh tasting for several hours--much longer than I thought it would.  It's dishwasher safe and comes out like new every time.

It does seem a bit expensive compared to what you'll find just anywhere, but this is a really durable long-lasting "forever" type appliance.  My mom just bought a new Bunn pot only because she was tired of the old one--it still worked after 10 years or so!  (This is why you have to fight for them in a divorce...unless you just want a newer model.)

These pots make barely any noise and do not sputter and spit like cheaper coffee pots.  They also spray water on the coffee grinds more like a shower instead of just dripping or dribbling onto the grinds, so you get full saturation and flavor from your coffee without it taking all day.  There's not so much backsplash onto the spray area either, so less mess to wipe off there.  Quite low maintenance actually, which I like.  You do need to make at least a half pot of coffee... but for just 2 cups why not use a French press & wait 4 minutes?  YUM!

Energy hog, I don't see the attraction.

Oh lord, make SURE you put in the grounds before the water! My husband bought this and he normally makes the coffee in it. If I'm home alone, I use the french press which I feel makes better quality coffee, but not in enough volume for two of us. Since I don't use it that often, I have a habit of setting it up like I do my pot at work - dump in the water, put in the grounds, press start.

On this machine though, water starts gushing through before you hit the front start button, which is stupid. Water and coffee grounds end up gushing all over the counter and floor, and you have to decide whether to brave sticking your hands in the hot running water and trying to fix it without burning yourself, or just to let the 10 cups of hot water spew all over your kitchen.

I also have an issue with the hot water chamber. I see a lot of people happy with how quickly you can get that first cup in the morning because the water's already hot, and my husband likes that feature. Environmentally though it makes no sense to use all that energy to keep the water hot all night just to save a couple minutes in the morning. It ought to have a timer built in so you can preset it to heat up 10 or 20 minutes before you wake up.

As for the coffee quality, like I said, I'm spoiled on the french press, and it's not as good as that - so I don't get the point of spending such an insane amount of money for a so-so cup of coffee that wastes so much energy.

Brew Performance
Nothing outstanding, nothing horrible.

Bunn is an excellent, efficient, and quick coffee maker!

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

My husband and I bought our Bunn coffee maker over 5 years ago and it has been the best investment we’ve ever made. It makes a full ten cup pot in 3 minutes, incredibly easy to clean, very easy to maintain, any brand filter can be used, and we’ve not had to make any repairs to it since we bought it. Between the two of us, we drink a pot and a half of coffee every day. Considering this and the fact that it has traveled all over the country, you couldn’t ask for a better, more durable coffee maker. We’ve had family with this same coffee maker for over ten years and it still does a great job. If you’re looking for a great coffee maker and easy investment in your daily life, this is the best choice!

The Best Coffee Maker I Ever Owned

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

BUNN has perfected the art in coffee making! Not only is there always a hot pot waiting for you (which is a necessity) but it's easy to clean simple to use and extremely durable. I made a horrible mistake and bought a Keurig, and not long after lamented the loss of my BUNN. There is no need to set timers for your morning cup of coffee with a BUNN because within minutes it is piping hot and ready. BUNN is by far the best coffee maker made!

Brew Performance
There is no comparison BUNN is the best. It is drip coffee ready in minutes. And you choose the roast of coffee!

Super easy just a little white vinegar and water and it's perfectly new

Pour in the water and flip the lid down and coffee within a couple minutes anyone can do that.

It is basic which I like who wants a coffee pot that has a million buttons. Or that is over imposing

Mine lasted for years the only reason I needed to get rid of it was the pot cracked due to an accident. If not for the accident it would've lasted for much longer.

• Brew Performance:

Good machine for making brewed iced tea

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Really enjoy the taste of brewing my iced tea in this coffee maker. One item of note is that this machine is intended for daily use. If you don't plan to use it daily, you must unplug it to keep it from using electricity. When you use it next, you'll have to re-heat the entire reserve.

• Brew Performance:

BUNN Coffeemakers are a must for people with a busy routine

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I must have my coffee in the morning, but don't want to wait 10-15 minutes for it to brew. BUNN makes my coffee in just 2 minutes, making it an asset to my daily routine.

Super Fast!

Exactly what you would expect

Just put your filter in, add coffee, and dump water....doesn't get much easier than that.

Takes up a bit more space than a standard coffeemaker, because of the reserved water tank, but it isn't oddly shaped.

Never had any problems

• Brew Performance:

Most reliable appliance in my kitchen!

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

10 years ago when my husband and I first moved in together we invested in a Bunn coffee maker. It has been one of the best purchases we have ever made together! There are so many pros to buying a Bunn! It makes coffee in just 3 minutes. It is easy to clean and it makes a very good fresh coffee. The fact that we have had the same coffee maker for ten years should tell you that its worth the money! When it finally stops working we plan on buying another Bunn. We have seen family and friends buy different brands of coffee makers and end up replacing them within the year or sending it in for repairs (for the more expensive coffee makers) and finally a few have made the change and bought a Bunn and they always tell us how much they love their new Bunn coffee maker! If your contemplating buying cheap or spending more I urge you to spend more for the quality of the Bunn!!!

Brew Performance
Can't say it enough! 3 minute brew time!

Simple design matches with any kitchen.

Its made it through 4-5 moves without breaking!

Best coffee maker ever

from Cromwell, IN

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

This product by far the best coffee maker you can get. It was made for the person on the go. If you are in a hurry and have to go to work and all you have time for is to grab a cup of coffee and go, then this is the one for you. My husband begged me for one because of the fact that as soon as you pore water into the top and shut the lid, it starts brewing just like that! It has a heater in the tank to keep constant hot water flowing through it so you will never have to sit and wait on a cup of coffee longer then maybe a minute. I don't think that I will ever buy another kind again. And another good thing is, the filters are very inexpensive. It is also the brand that most restaurants and convenient stores trust. I have worked for gas stations and just about every one of the ones I have went into has a bun for their coffee maker. Cleaning it is also a breeze. There is only one thing that is not so good about it, which is the price, but it is well worth the money, trust me!

• Brew Performance:

Fast hot brewing, easy to clean, no auto shut off

from Mishawaka, IN

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

after a year of use the water supply tube disconnects, letting water flow all over the counter, no delay start, clock or auto shut off, heavy unit but easy to clean and quick hot brewing

very fast brewing under 2 minutes, comes out hot

large easy to clean unit parts

one button to turn it on, easy to pour water into it, easy to put in filter and coffee

A bit heavy and bulky in size making it difficult to clean under, tall and difficult to use if it is under a cabinet

the tube disconnecting in the bottom causes water leaks, exterior is durable for cleaning

Bunn Coffeemaker

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

GREAT performance for years...No problems at all. Our first one we actually got from my father who had already used it for a couple of years. No broken parts ever, just had to clean it monthly and make my coffee.

Brew Performance
fast and hot, can brew a pot in less than 5 minutes. This coffeemaker keeps a pot of water hot all the time. I have never had a coffeemaker that made coffee so fast.

super easy to clean, has cleaning tool that helps. Only need to do it about once a month or so, when it seems to be taking a little longer to brew your coffee. You just insert the tool into the hole where the water comes into the grounds and run it in and out a few times. Only takes a couple minutes.

Easy to use, keeps coffee hot, fast to brew, never need to worry about stale coffee. Large container to pour water into

do not really like the looks of it but it is functional. Most people would like it, as it is black and silver, but I think it looks kind of funky.

lasts for years even with daily use. We had an old one for 15 years before we needed a new one. Husband will not change brands no matter what. I have shown him several that are cheaper but that is what he says=they are cheaper!

Bunn is the best.

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Bunn coffee makers have been around forever and there is a reason, they rock; They are dependable, easy, and quick. The Bunn is also one of the few coffee makers that actually keeps your coffee hot and not just luke warm, which is extremely important to a real coffee drinker.

Brew Performance
The Bunn is the fastest coffee maker I have ever seen. It seems to only take moments to have a full pot of coffee hot and ready to go.

The Bunn is so easy to clean. The design of the coffee maker allows plenty of access to move around and clean the inside of it.

This coffee maker has to be one of the easiest coffee makers in existence. It's as easy as the triple P's, place, pour, push.

I love the simplistic design of the Bunn. They take away all the gimmicks and stick to what is needed, a on/off button. The Bunn doesn't need a timer like other coffee makers, because all you need is to hit that button and its done in moments.

This coffee maker is built tough. Glass will always be glass, but the main part is as durable as they come.

liquid focus in seconds.

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

We have had our Bunn for a year now and love it. This is the best coffee pot for heavy coffee drinkers like our family. It is easy to set up and maintain. The filters are easy to find in the stores. We were looking at a one cup brewer but, we would be broke trying to feed our addiction..lol...We go through about three full pots a day. We would recommend this coffee pot to anyone.

Brew Performance
It is super fast. Who wants to wait for a slow brewer, not me. I'm up at the crack of dawn and I want results fast. We do mix it up and run different types of flavored coffee through it and it still tastes great.

It comes with a small spring that you use to clean the inside spout/hole where the water brews through. They also say to run vinegar through it every few brews to sanitize it. Very easy to keep clean.

Simple to use. The manual is easy to read, the set up is user friendly. The results are fast.

Our brewer sits close to our stove, which is a narrow spot. This works great for us. The design is sturdy,and heavy plastic. The burner on the bottom is easy to clean.

Like I said we have had this for a year with no problems. This product is great. Nothing has broken off it,and it works just like when we first bought it.