Other Coffee Makers:

Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

If you LOVE coffee you need a Bunn ThermoFresh & a French press.

I bought my Bunn "Thermo Fresh" coffee pot about two years ago after losing custody of my regular Bunn coffee pot in a bad divorce.  (Yes, it was terrible!  Lost the espresso machine too!)  That's ok though--I upgraded to the Bunn thermal pot and LOVE it!  I even bought an extra carafe so I can brew iced tea and have coffee at the same time.

The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot and fresh tasting for several hours--much longer than I thought it would.  It's dishwasher safe and comes out like new every time.

It does seem a bit expensive compared to what you'll find just anywhere, but this is a really durable long-lasting "forever" type appliance.  My mom just bought a new Bunn pot only because she was tired of the old one--it still worked after 10 years or so!  (This is why you have to fight for them in a divorce...unless you just want a newer model.)

These pots make barely any noise and do not sputter and spit like cheaper coffee pots.  They also spray water on the coffee grinds more like a shower instead of just dripping or dribbling onto the grinds, so you get full saturation and flavor from your coffee without it taking all day.  There's not so much backsplash onto the spray area either, so less mess to wipe off there.  Quite low maintenance actually, which I like.  You do need to make at least a half pot of coffee... but for just 2 cups why not use a French press & wait 4 minutes?  YUM!

Energy hog, I don't see the attraction.

Oh lord, make SURE you put in the grounds before the water! My husband bought this and he normally makes the coffee in it. If I'm home alone, I use the french press which I feel makes better quality coffee, but not in enough volume for two of us. Since I don't use it that often, I have a habit of setting it up like I do my pot at work - dump in the water, put in the grounds, press start.

On this machine though, water starts gushing through before you hit the front start button, which is stupid. Water and coffee grounds end up gushing all over the counter and floor, and you have to decide whether to brave sticking your hands in the hot running water and trying to fix it without burning yourself, or just to let the 10 cups of hot water spew all over your kitchen.

I also have an issue with the hot water chamber. I see a lot of people happy with how quickly you can get that first cup in the morning because the water's already hot, and my husband likes that feature. Environmentally though it makes no sense to use all that energy to keep the water hot all night just to save a couple minutes in the morning. It ought to have a timer built in so you can preset it to heat up 10 or 20 minutes before you wake up.

As for the coffee quality, like I said, I'm spoiled on the french press, and it's not as good as that - so I don't get the point of spending such an insane amount of money for a so-so cup of coffee that wastes so much energy.

Brew Performance
Nothing outstanding, nothing horrible.

BUNN Coffeemakers are a must for people with a busy routine

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I must have my coffee in the morning, but don't want to wait 10-15 minutes for it to brew. BUNN makes my coffee in just 2 minutes, making it an asset to my daily routine.

Super Fast!

Exactly what you would expect

Just put your filter in, add coffee, and dump water....doesn't get much easier than that.

Takes up a bit more space than a standard coffeemaker, because of the reserved water tank, but it isn't oddly shaped.

Never had any problems

• Brew Performance:

Most reliable appliance in my kitchen!

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

10 years ago when my husband and I first moved in together we invested in a Bunn coffee maker. It has been one of the best purchases we have ever made together! There are so many pros to buying a Bunn! It makes coffee in just 3 minutes. It is easy to clean and it makes a very good fresh coffee. The fact that we have had the same coffee maker for ten years should tell you that its worth the money! When it finally stops working we plan on buying another Bunn. We have seen family and friends buy different brands of coffee makers and end up replacing them within the year or sending it in for repairs (for the more expensive coffee makers) and finally a few have made the change and bought a Bunn and they always tell us how much they love their new Bunn coffee maker! If your contemplating buying cheap or spending more I urge you to spend more for the quality of the Bunn!!!

Brew Performance
Can't say it enough! 3 minute brew time!

Simple design matches with any kitchen.

Its made it through 4-5 moves without breaking!

Best coffee maker ever

from Cromwell, IN

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

This product by far the best coffee maker you can get. It was made for the person on the go. If you are in a hurry and have to go to work and all you have time for is to grab a cup of coffee and go, then this is the one for you. My husband begged me for one because of the fact that as soon as you pore water into the top and shut the lid, it starts brewing just like that! It has a heater in the tank to keep constant hot water flowing through it so you will never have to sit and wait on a cup of coffee longer then maybe a minute. I don't think that I will ever buy another kind again. And another good thing is, the filters are very inexpensive. It is also the brand that most restaurants and convenient stores trust. I have worked for gas stations and just about every one of the ones I have went into has a bun for their coffee maker. Cleaning it is also a breeze. There is only one thing that is not so good about it, which is the price, but it is well worth the money, trust me!

• Brew Performance:

Fast hot brewing, easy to clean, no auto shut off

from Mishawaka, IN

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

after a year of use the water supply tube disconnects, letting water flow all over the counter, no delay start, clock or auto shut off, heavy unit but easy to clean and quick hot brewing

very fast brewing under 2 minutes, comes out hot

large easy to clean unit parts

one button to turn it on, easy to pour water into it, easy to put in filter and coffee

A bit heavy and bulky in size making it difficult to clean under, tall and difficult to use if it is under a cabinet

the tube disconnecting in the bottom causes water leaks, exterior is durable for cleaning

Bunn Coffeemaker

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

GREAT performance for years...No problems at all. Our first one we actually got from my father who had already used it for a couple of years. No broken parts ever, just had to clean it monthly and make my coffee.

Brew Performance
fast and hot, can brew a pot in less than 5 minutes. This coffeemaker keeps a pot of water hot all the time. I have never had a coffeemaker that made coffee so fast.

super easy to clean, has cleaning tool that helps. Only need to do it about once a month or so, when it seems to be taking a little longer to brew your coffee. You just insert the tool into the hole where the water comes into the grounds and run it in and out a few times. Only takes a couple minutes.

Easy to use, keeps coffee hot, fast to brew, never need to worry about stale coffee. Large container to pour water into

do not really like the looks of it but it is functional. Most people would like it, as it is black and silver, but I think it looks kind of funky.

lasts for years even with daily use. We had an old one for 15 years before we needed a new one. Husband will not change brands no matter what. I have shown him several that are cheaper but that is what he says=they are cheaper!

Bunn is the best.

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Bunn coffee makers have been around forever and there is a reason, they rock; They are dependable, easy, and quick. The Bunn is also one of the few coffee makers that actually keeps your coffee hot and not just luke warm, which is extremely important to a real coffee drinker.

Brew Performance
The Bunn is the fastest coffee maker I have ever seen. It seems to only take moments to have a full pot of coffee hot and ready to go.

The Bunn is so easy to clean. The design of the coffee maker allows plenty of access to move around and clean the inside of it.

This coffee maker has to be one of the easiest coffee makers in existence. It's as easy as the triple P's, place, pour, push.

I love the simplistic design of the Bunn. They take away all the gimmicks and stick to what is needed, a on/off button. The Bunn doesn't need a timer like other coffee makers, because all you need is to hit that button and its done in moments.

This coffee maker is built tough. Glass will always be glass, but the main part is as durable as they come.

liquid focus in seconds.

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

We have had our Bunn for a year now and love it. This is the best coffee pot for heavy coffee drinkers like our family. It is easy to set up and maintain. The filters are easy to find in the stores. We were looking at a one cup brewer but, we would be broke trying to feed our addiction..lol...We go through about three full pots a day. We would recommend this coffee pot to anyone.

Brew Performance
It is super fast. Who wants to wait for a slow brewer, not me. I'm up at the crack of dawn and I want results fast. We do mix it up and run different types of flavored coffee through it and it still tastes great.

It comes with a small spring that you use to clean the inside spout/hole where the water brews through. They also say to run vinegar through it every few brews to sanitize it. Very easy to keep clean.

Simple to use. The manual is easy to read, the set up is user friendly. The results are fast.

Our brewer sits close to our stove, which is a narrow spot. This works great for us. The design is sturdy,and heavy plastic. The burner on the bottom is easy to clean.

Like I said we have had this for a year with no problems. This product is great. Nothing has broken off it,and it works just like when we first bought it.

Great Coffee Maker!

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Even though this coffee maker was a little on the pricey side, I knew with the Bunn name, it would be well worth it. I bought mine several months ago, and I am very pleased. It keeps a reservoir of hot water ready, so you can make two pots of coffee in 6 minutes. Clean up is easy.

Brew Performance
It takes about six minutes to brew a full pot of coffee. You make two pots back to back.

I clean mine in after every use with a mild detergent and warm water.

Simple. Just put your filter (I use a forever filter) in the basket, add coffee grounds and water.

The maker is black and the tank is stainless steel. Very nice.

I believe I could throw this coffee maker against a brick wall and it would be okay!

• Brew Performance:

This is the best coffee maker ever!

from Medford, NY

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

When our coffee maker broke, my husband and I read every review possible before we made our decision to buy the Bunn. And we are very pleased that we purchased it. It is the best coffee maker and worth every penny. The coffee tastes wonderful. The best way I could describe it is that it is smooth like silk. My husband agrees with this description as well. He asked me what I thought of our first brew and I said I thought it was smooth and silky and he felt the exact same way! And it brews 10 cups in minutes! I always hated having to wait for the coffee to brew. But this machine works so fast that the coffee is hot and ready in no time. This is a very impressive coffee machine with a great warrantee. I have recommended it to my friends and family. We also own a Keurig. And although the idea is nice, I just don't like how the coffee tastes. And after having tasted coffee brewed from our Bunn, I just cannot go back to using a Keurig.

• Brew Performance:

Restaurant Quality at home or office

from Texas City, TX

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I have worked in the food industry and have worked with many Bunn coffee makers, in my opinion they are the best. Just recently, my boss at the office asked me to purchase a new coffee maker that would be small enough for the office kitchen but could make enough coffee in a short period of time for an office meeting. I found this Bunn coffee maker and my boss loves it. Although I am using making the coffee, this product is easy enough to use for everyone in my office. This is a great product at a great price. Ii plan to purchase one soon for my home to use for parties and other occasions. I had a bit of problem finding out how much water and coffee to use but I am extremely happy with this Bunn coffee maker and will recommend to others.

Brew Performance
Makes great tasting coffee and just the right amount that is needed.

Very easy to clean, remove the filter cup and rinse and clean the coffee pot and you are done.

Great size and design for office and home.

These Bunn coffee makers can last for many years. Very durable.