1.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Vehicle Selection:
    • I received a sample (23), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (9)

Sometimes Good Customer Service Trumps All

After you pay expensive prices to fly a family of four on vacation, the last thing you want to do is spend hundreds of dollars more on a rental car. Last year we had a bad experience, not getting the car we wanted, and not being informed of this until we were walking out to the lot with the keys, so we were trying to avoid this happening again. We tried finding good deals this year, but being Orlando, Florida during spring break, we were out of luck, as any coupons or deals were not valid during this time.The cheapest rates we found were at Budget Rental Car, and with what looked to be a good selection of cars, we went for it and booked. Also important to us is 24 hour service and on site location, both of which we would have at Budget. Once when our flight was delayed to being past midnight on a layover in Atlanta, we had to switch our reservations to a different rental company and didn't want this to happen again.Once we landed, picked up our luggage, and headed to the Budget counter, we were quite dismayed to find a very long line, as were the many people in line in front of us. We couldn't figure out why looking around to the other rental companies on site, that they didn't have nearly the lines Budget did. The last thing you want to do after a long flight is stand in line, making you feel like you've already hit the Disney attractions.Eventually we made it to the front of the line, after nearly an hour. We asked the clerk waiting on us why the Budget line was so long, and he told us that was going to happen when you had the cheapest prices. But still, why was the line moving so ultra slowly?This question was answered while the clerk helped us, as he not only explained all the details to us in full, he also offered us many options. My husband joked that if they had a Dodge Charger, he'd like that, and the clerk went to check, but came up empty. We were comfortable with our original reservation for a Ford Fusion, but the clerk told us as we asked for full insurance coverage that with full insurance coverage, we'd get a free upgrade. We could upgrade to either an SUV or Chrysler 300, and took the 300.The 300 was great, beautiful, roomy, and black. It definitely held all our luggage in the trunk and then some, and while like many rental cars, it's a stripped down model without a lot of amenities, there really isn't anything we were wishing it had.As and added bonus, the clerk even told us which gas station to avoid when we returned the car, since we had to refill the tank beforehand. He told us to go to any of them around the airport, but avoid a certain one, as we'd be paying over $4 a gallon there. Apparently they know you have to refill the thank, so plan on sticking you for every penny of that they can.The absolute only negative part of our car rental experience was the one hour wait in line, but being that the wait was to ensure everyone had great customer service and the same low price, it was hard to argue that the wait was a true negative.

Airport rates, and hidden fees

We recently went to Orlando Florida, and booked a budget rental car for the week.   There are a few things I learned about rental cars; which I'm sure most people who use them know, but I did not!  I thought I got a great deal at $36.99 per day.  We flew in, and were exhausted.  My hubby went to the counter alone, and the lady there told him initial here, here, here, and here, and sign here.  He did so!  (I know I know.....)  He assumed he was initialing  the rate for our car, but instead he was initialing an extra fee of $24.99 per day for damage insurance.  I am not speaking for ALL budget rental car locations.  I can only speak for the one we visited.  But they did not tell my husband what he was signing, nor did they offer him the insurance.  The lady there never even mentioned insurance....just told him to initial.  So be careful what you are initialling and signing!  Do not do so unless you have them explain everything in full detail!  We assumed our total would be around $185 for five days...plus tax and a gas fillup.  I did not know there was an additional fee for picking up the car at the airport.  I hear that all car rental companies do this.  That was around $25 as well.   My husband also initialed a fill up agreement; which is they fill up the tank and you pay for it; even if you don't use it all.  That was $66.87 rather than refill it for half the price before you return it.   Our grand total came to $364.97!  That's like a car payment!  I noticed this once we got to our hotel, and immediately tried to call budget at the airport.  No one picked up, and we were sent through to voicemail.  The box was full.  I was sent back to the counter, and no one picked up there.   I tried every day, and did not get through to an actual person the whole vacation.  I also tried to reach the managers voicemail....same thing occurred.  There was no other number on our agreement to call.

I did call customer service to find out why our total was so high, and the lady I spoke to said he signed it, so you must pay it...in full.  I told her the facts were not disclosed to him upon renting the car, and she did not care basicly.  I called back and talked to another gentleman, and he did give me some monies back.  He believed me when I said we were oblivious to all the extra fees.  I received half of the insurance and half of the gas fill up fees.  That at least made me feel as though I wasn't totally ripped off.  He even said if we chose, we could go to any budget rental spot, and they would launch an investigation regarding the insurance.  That they would examine the vehicle, and if no damage was found, we could probably get all monies back.  He also further went on to say the only place to get the gas option fees back were at the actual location; in Orlando.  Since he helped me enough, I didn't feel the need to push it any further.  (Than this review apparantly)

I do want to add this one little bit.  The lady who waited on us, got a commission for her sneakiness for the insurance.  So be careful if you get waited on by agent #56337 in Orlando Florida.

South 184th & 92 ave !! Horrible

from Florida

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

This s**hole location with an employee that left me in front of the facility on a Wednesday mid day. With no options.. bad reviews ! Ugly customer service

worst service

from 77389 texas

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

even I called that was on traffic just take me few minutes pass my hour to return plus make wait more to receive the car ,the lady tell me they will not charge me anything else they charge me a hole day extra for 29 minutes late . will take my business to other companies

No more Budget

from Tampa, Florida

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

2 issues. The first is I rented a 'full size sedan' and what I got was a mid-sized Mazda. Their response is that the Mazda is part of their so called full size fleet. The 2nd issue is the rep said they can fill up at the going gas price so I assumed I would be charged for just the gas I used. She went on to say how convenient it is so I said fine. I brought the car back with 3/4 tank and they charged me 55.00 for a full tank. They said I could take the car and go fill it and bring it back. Yes, I'll just do that when my flight is about to depart.

BEWARE OF PREPAID CAR RENTALS AT BUDGET.

from Philadelphia/Delaware Vally area

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

Be careful prepaying for rental cars at Budget. I rented a car for what I thought was 9 days in January of this year. The price quoted was $1,286.27 which I prepaid. I was notified of an upcoming rental date which was said to start in December 2017. I promptly called and spoke to the Budget representative and told him it was suppose to be scheduled for January 2018. He indicated no problem and rescheduled it for January adding that the price in January would be less $547.95. He indicated that a refund for the difference would be issued a couple weeks after the car was returned. A month later I still had no refund so I called the customer service center. I spoke to a customer service rep as well as his supervisor. Both claimed there was a change in policy and the money would not be refunded. BE AWARE of the new policy. They must have forgot to tell some of the reps.

Worst Rental Car Experience

from Scottsdale,Az

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

Flying into Orange County,California on February 6, 2018. Didn't know I was about too have my trip ruined by Budget. They handed me the keys to a car that had obviously been in a wreck. I explained 'I don't want to drive that. It would be dangerous' I was told they were out of cars and to 'take it or leave it'.. Turned out the AC didn't work - the windows only rolled up and down sometimes - it smelled terrible (more than just cigarette smoke) I was becoming sick trying to drive in it. After 3 days of not being able to talk with anyone on the phone with authority and getting sick with throwing up and diarrhea - I drove back to the airport and spent more than 2 hours insisting they exchange it. My Granddaughter would be in town and I couldn't drive her in that 'dangerous wreck' I paid for an 'upgrade' and went back to my hotel exhausted. What a DISCUSTING experience. Not only was it dangerous- but it literally gave me an illness. Ruined my trip to Newport.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Expensive car hire insurance.

from Wirral. UK.

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

£203.35 for 4 days car hire, disgusting. Hidden costs about insurance. £1000.00 excess etc if you don't take out extra cover. I will never use Budget again.

Budget Car Rental 2018

from Phoenix, Arizona 85053

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

Hi how are you. Just looking to show my interest in one of todays top Rental Car Company's. And why do I say Budget Car Rental is on top of todays Rental Car Company's. It's Simple to say for me. Since I have chosen to enjoy the grate service my self. I would say I take time to gain experience with many rental car company's. Being their is only a handful of top choices. Budget Car Rental is definitely on the top list of grate options when looking for a good rental car experience. I have ben traveling back home to Southern California for years now. It has ben a regular trip for me in my life. And I have pretty much tried it all for transportation. From Arizona to Southern California. As well as the Central Valley in central California. Along with other destinations across the South West. The number one objective in travel would be reliabilities. Budget Car Rental has that. I have not really taken the chance to constantly make Budget Car Rental my one & only company to rent a car from but its at the #1 spot. It has ben a while since I last rented from Budget Car Rental. So I will be looking to gain another grate experience with a grate Rental car company. And my first choice will be Budget Car Rental. So to all you interested minds in todays world remember to take the time and get at Budget Car Rental in your areas.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Stay away from this company

from Tucson

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

Reaching a live person in America is a joke! I get passed around and given numbers that just bring me back to another person who is clueless. I dropped my car off in your secure underground car rental garage having to go thru security. I put the keys in the metal drop box. 11 days later you are still demanding I return the car or it is stolen! I call loss prevention and get a voice mail repeatedly! I will never ever rent from Budget again! I will share this ridiculous story with everyone I know. I am so disgusted and frustrated and done. I can't believe this is where Budget has ended up! Again the car is where you told me to park it! There are cameras everywhere or are those outsourced too?

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

SAVE WITH BUDGET! Not reality!

from La Guardia NYC

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

Terrible service at La Guardia. Given a Filthy car that was splashed with mud on all sides, had not been washed or vacuumed, and had horrible cigarette smoke interior smell. Given a second car after waiting in long line for a second time. In all took me 90 minutes to get out of Budget at pick up. Thought that was a fluke, but in return same consistently Long lines with insufficient staff. In the lot clueless staff at pick up and delivery. In all consistently unhappy staff. But that is not all. Unheard of Scalping overcharges on a two day extended stay. In effect they nullified the original contract and rate, re rated at highest possible rate. This is a Gross abuse of customer. Then Poor customer services and aggressive stance at La Guardia. Charged well over $250 more than what the contracted weekly rate was for a 6 day period because I extended the 4 day rental to 6 days. This doubled my contracted rate. These are Truly abusive unethical practices. No other company I have rented with has such poor service, great disregard for the customer, and such blatant unethical practices with overcharges and fees. Indeed a terrible experience. By the way second car at La Guardia was also Filthy, just less than first and with a much more subdue smoke smell.

Please avoid if you value your time

from Maui, hi

Comments about Budget Car Rental:

18 service stations and you are manning 4 of them?

Seriously wish I had read the reviews of this place before booking on cheap tickets. Had I not booked through a third party website that is non-refunable I would have cancelled my reservation and walked over to one of the other rental services next door. I'm writing this review as I stand waiting in line like I've read in 90% of the reviews for this location. 18 service stations at the counter. They are manning 4.

There are 30 people in front of me standing in line. That's just those in front of me inside. I had been waiting outside for 50minutes at this point. When I first arrived at the location the employee at the door handed me a number and asked me to wait outside. Foolish me to assume that when they called my number I would be getting helped soon. No that was not to be. That was simply to have the privilege of waiting inside and so I wait. Good news now there are only 27 people in front of me now!

Looks like this should only take another 50minutes or more! Plenty of time to find more sights to post copies of this review to warn others. Thanks Budget! Giving me all sorts of time to write reviews. Most companies don't employ such a bold marketing strategy to give their customers so much time they feel obligated to write something about them.