2.8
Other Meat & Seafoods:
Bubba Burgers

Bubba Burgers

2.8

These burgers are a mystery.

Comments about Bubba Burgers:

Since it was 100% chuck (indicating no pink slime, I hoped) and secured a coupon, I decided to try these. The first patty I cooked in a hurry, frozen (hadn't read "cook frozen" yet; I mean, it's a burger, right?). Kinda bland, but I seasoned and cheesed it up on a great German roll and it was okay. Not very beefy tasting, though, or maybe I was just having an off night.

The next patty (still hadn't read "cook frozen," but it's a burger, right?) I refrigerator thawed. I only then noticed the peculiar shape of these burgers like maybe trying for the shape of Texas? ("Bubba Burgers" after all -- apologies for stereotyping, as I do realize that "Bubba" is a nickname in a number of southern states.) I searched the box for its origins, Jacksonville, FL. So for what it's worth, I still don't know why that patty is shaped like that. I tried and tried to reshape it into a round, and quite scarily, it even resisted reshaping! What the...?!

Pan frying, I seasoned it, tried to flip it to season the other side ... tore to pieces, lots of 'em. Forced the pieces together somewhat and with my melted cheese slice, was able to get it out of the pan in sort of one piece. Again, not too beefy a taste and something about the texture. I’d heard there were no fillers, so why does it feel in my mouth like other than beef? Is it the White Castle mini burger type holes? If not, where’s the beef?!

NOW, of course, I know why you cook them frozen, but I still don't get the missing flavor, odd texture, the shape, and certainly why the patty was resistant to reshaping! That really bothers me. Maybe it’s cooking in our mountain altitude; maybe it’s the grass-fed organic ranch beef here I'm spoiled for (when I can afford it).

Concluding, something is wrong here. Don't know what, just that these mystery burgers are not for me.

What happened to Bubba Burgers?

Comments about Bubba Burgers:

My family had been eating Bubba Burgers for years, My last purchase, with vadalia onion, the flavor and especially the texture was very different. I like their smokey taste, but there was not this time. The texture was mushy and flavorless. The burgers tasted like a standard fast food restaurant burger. yuck. Tasted like that are made from "pink slime". Never again!

Not as good as fresh, but still tasty

Comments about Bubba Burgers:

Despite being frozen burger patties that come off a bit factory pressed, these frozen burger actually grill up very nicely. I've been using these for years and have never had a bad burger! These are the perfect option for the impromptu picnic or family barbeque. ChaCha!

If you like greasy, flavorless burgers then these are for you.

Comments about Bubba Burgers:

Excessively fatty, and relatively flavorless is the only way I can describe these burgers. I cooked them exactly as the box directed and they were falling apart when I took them off the grill.

The box actually says that the burgers are tender - well DUH! - it's ground beef. It has already been chewed for you practically.

Maybe an 8 or 9 year old kid would like these burgers but I can't see an adult finding anything to like about them

If you must use pre-made patties, buy Bubba Burgers!

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Bubba Burgers:

I've never been a fan of pre-made hamburger patties because the ones I've had over the years have always been dry and flavorless.  I'm the person who makes 50 homemade burgers for a 4th of July party because I want to serve juicy and flavorful burgers.  I was at a friend's barbeque last year, though, and remarked on how tasty the burgers were.  She told me that she used *Bubba Burgers*.  I was pleasantly surprised.

I picked up a few boxes of original *Bubba Burgers* for our tailgating BBQ at the Toby Keith concert.  I didn't have the energy or time to do homemade and I remembered how yummy these were.  I'm glad I read the instructions on the box when I got home because you are supposed to place frozen *Bubba Burgers* straight onto the grill without thawing them.  I would have assumed thawing was a natural step.

Grilling these pre-made burgers on our super-hot charcoal grill was a quick and easy process.  They weren't quite as tasty as I remembered, but that may be due to the fact that they were cooked so quickly instead of more slowly on a gas grill.  Still, they were better than the nasty grocery store patties that I've had so many times over the years.  I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future if I needed burgers in a pinch, but I'd probably also bring some Montreal Steak seasoning to sprinkle on top of them to add a bit more flavor.  Recommended!