2.7
Other Knives & Cutleries:
Home and Garden Websites
BrylaneHome.com

Nice products if you can get them; poor service

Every time I order from Brylane Home, I am reminded why I hate doing business with them. My experience has been that you either receive damaged products, a product that is not as described or a partial order. My latest encounter resulted in a partial order. I ordered a comforter with shams and noticed immediately that while it was not noted as such on the website, the shams were on back order. From past experience, I was smart enough not to take the comforter out of the packaging because I figured I would never see those shams, and I was correct. After many weeks, I called to check on the shams only to find that the order had been canceled because they were no longer available. I received absolutely no notification of that. I told the customer service rep that I would be returning the comforter and I requested full credit saying that I should not have to pay for shipping since the shams were not available. The customer service rep agreed, but in typical fashion I was given only a partial credit. Dishonest as well as incompetent. Luckily for me, I am a good American Express customer and they provided the credit for the shipping charges. I will never do business with Brylane Home again.

High Point, NC

Good home furnishing store

When we were moving into our new house, we needed a lot of decorative and useful household goods. We were able to find several things on Brylanehome.com, and I would be happy to come back here and keep shopping. Product Selection They have a great selection of home products (we were looking specifically for some closet and space savers as well as for some decorative wall hangings). They also have a plus-size section. While we didn't use this personally, we have friends who have had trouble finding these types of products in large enough sizes, so we plan to come back and look for gifts for them. Product Pricing The prices are reasonable, and they run good sales (especially around Christmas time). Overall, I was very pleased with what we were able to buy (and the quality of it) for the amount of money that we spent. Shipping and Returns One downside to this site is that they charge more shipping when you spend more money (which is opposite of many stores). This gets especially difficult if you buy a more expensive item that isn't very big (costing you more in shipping even though it won't cost much for them to ship it to you).

true

Nice selection of household linens

I shop this site solely for linens and other household items. They are very reasonable and they have tons of styles that will fit any taste. It is highly worth a visit to the site. Ease of Use Super easy site to navigate through this site. They do offer excellent search filters, so you have no trouble finding exactly what you are looking for. Product Selection They have tons of items and styles for any home decorating ideas you are searching for. Product Pricing They do offer great pricing pretty much all through the year, although the prices tend to be much better during the change of seasons and the holidays. Customer Service Customer service department is excellent as they are always very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Shipping and Returns Their shipping prices are extremely expensive. They charge you a restocking fee if you have to return a product which I think is ridiculous. They also do not refund your shipping charge if you return a product.

Pure Junk

I have had nothing but bad experiences in both the quality of the products as well as the quality of their customer service - or should I say lack of quality. I spent over $800 on patio furniture and everything has fallen apart and I'm stuck with it! Ease of Use No complaints on website Product Pricing No bagains here; pure junk. Customer Service Worst I've ever dealt with. Shipping and Returns Too expensive.

Brylane Home Cotton Blankets Are Great

A few years ago I was on a mission to find a 100% cotton thermal knit blanket. I wanted one that wasn't too flimsy or too thick, and it needed to be tightly woven, because I hate getting my fingers and toes caught in the weave of a blanket. Blankets aren't supposed to have holes in them. I don't have money to throw around, and I will look and wait for something for months to get the best deal. BrylaneHome.com has the most wonderful cotton blankets. Exactly what I was looking for ... and in colors! And stripes! And oversized, too! The best part was the price. So, I limited myself to two, and I narrowed down my color choices, and I placed my order and took advantage of a free shipping coupon code because I never pay shipping if I can help it. And then I waited. And waited. Not a horrifyingly long time, but a couple of weeks, at least. The blankets finally arrived and they were everything the website zoom and reviews had said they were. Except one was the wrong color. It was blue, but not the perfect shade I had ordered. Sigh. Since I didn't want to go through the hassle and expense of returning it, and since it was intended as a layer and not a coverlet, I kept it. It's been on my bed for 3 1/2 years. It's still in great shape. Hasn't faded. But the blue's all wrong and that really bugs me. (I know, I know. First World Problems.) The blankets are made in India, which is not the USA, obviously, but it's not China either. They're a huge seller on the site. I just checked out the new selection, and it seems as if the item page on the website has changed. It's confusing. There are odd little "Read More" links that only open one at a time, thereby making comparison nearly impossible, and the "hover to see the item in this color" option doesn't work. It might be because I am using Firefox. In a nutshell: Love the blankets. Feel the quality control in the packing and shipping department was lax. Not diggin' the website much. Oh. And they'll send you a billion catalogs once you make an order.

Boynton Beach, FL

BrylaneHome.com Has Beautiful and Practical Products

It wasn't until this year that I discovered BrylaneHome.com for all of my home buying needs. Where has this website been all of my life? I was super impressed with the variety of home goods that they offer. I could find something for every room in my house in a few clicks. The browsing features are easy to operate and make window shopping a breeze. I've been jotting down some ideas from my browsing sessions and getting ready to make my first purchase. From what I can tell so far, the buying process is easy and quick. The shipping seems reasonable as far as price and actual delivery. You can't go wrong with an online store that can help you furnish and decorate your entire house. I haven't had any website issues during any of my many sessions with Brylane Home. I think the user-friendly website is what has kept here on my home goods search. You want a website that gives you everything that you need as far as product and service. BrylaneHome.com definitely has all of those qualities!

China Grove, NC

true

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Purchased sheets and after first wash they fell apart. When I returned them they only refunded me back $18 out of the $25 I spent on the sheets. They deducted an additional $7 for me to ship them back. My total purchase price(with shipping) originally was $35 so it cost me $17 to ship and return ship them, that is $1 less then what the sheets cost. I will never order from this company again. Apparently they make more on shipping then their products

Backorder was murder!

I placed an order on 8/22/12. I was informed that it was on back order and would be shipped in a few weeks. About a month later I checked the status of my order and saw that it had been delayed even longer. Well since I still hadn't received my items, today I called Brylane Home and was informed that my items were no longer available and the order had been cancelled! NO CALL, NO EMAIL, NOTHING! I waited over two months for nothing! I will never order from this company again.

Brylane sells disposable bedding

The bed spread and pillows I bought fell apart right away. And the bedding I bought was on the high-end of what they sell, not their cheapest items. Their most expensive bedspreads and pillows would be useful for display windows but may fall apart with gentle wear. It looked really good online, but I never would have bought it if I could have seen and felt it. Big Lots level quality.

Disposal Bedding Says it all

Another review mentioned "disposable bedding" and I couldn't agree more. Everything is beautiful when you put it on the bed, but after use or washing its all downhill from there. I ordered a polyester comforter which piled just weeks after use, and never laid flat the same way after cleaning. I even gave Brylane a second chance choosing a comforter made of a completely different fabric (microsuade). Even though there was no piling, the stitching came out and made the comforter unusable. I am on my 3rd comforter in a years time and am very disappointed.

BrylaneHome.com