2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

Home of Bargains

Women have a biological imperative that most men don't understand.  We need to change our living space.  Often.  We swap out comforters, repaint rooms, move furniture around, and decorate seasonally - all in an effort to keep the nest interesting.  For some women, the urge is borderline compulsive (*as a child, it was impossible to keep up with my mother's "furniture-arrangement-of-the-week"*).  It's nice to know that there is a website - **brylanehome.com** - that makes it easy and affordable to give in to our primal urges.

I discovered Brylane Home when I received a catalog in the mail one day.  Brylane is part of the RedCats USA family of retailers, which includes Chadwicks, Woman Within, Jessica London, and more.   Both the Brylane Home catalog and the website offer a reasonable selection of bed and bath merchandise (such as bedding, towels, hampers, etc.).   In addition, there are items for the kitchen, office, home décor, an art gallery, and small furniture pieces.

A year ago, I purchased a lovely queen-sized Bed-in-a-Bag for a budget friendly price of $45.  The comforter is an elegant jacquard style with lovely rope cording on the border.  The reverse side of the comforter is another matter.  It is made from a coarse, drab, unattractive material which I suppose allows the manufacturer to sell it at such a discounted price.  But no matter, I never really use the reverse side of a comforter anyway.

The $45 set included the comforter, bedskirt and shams.  Coordinating sheets, pillows, and curtains are available, but I passed on buying those items.  Changing the feeling of a room is much more affordable if you ground the room in neutrals or solids, forgo the "matchy-matchy" (*and pricey-pricey*) add-on items, and concentrate your dollars on updating the focal point of the room - the bedding.  Brylane Home makes it really easy to do on a budget.

I'm glad to report that our comforter set has worn well for the year it's been on the bed.  Because of that, I decided to visit Brylane Home again to purchase bedding for a change we're making to a second bedroom.

After a leisurely morning with the print catalog, we sat down and decided upon our first and second choices.  At the website, I typed in the catalog item numbers, but unfortunately, both choices were on backorder.  The wait for availability was at least six weeks.  Well, that was a bummer, to say the least.  There wasn't another bedding set on the site that caught our eye.

Since I couldn't find the comforter set at Brylane Home, I headed to another favorite online destination where I successfully found the solution for the second bedroom.  *Of course, I'll soon be posting a review on **that** website. *

Brylane Home still remains high on my list of decent-quality, budget friendly sources for linens and home décor.  They'll get another chance to redeem themselves when I get another urge to redecorate.

Hmmm....I'm thinking: *the powder room....*

Variety, quality, and LONG WAITS for back orders!

***Quick View***: I am a an avid online shopper and always gof or the bargains. I like **Brylane Home's **variety of bedding, bath, and home decor products and their sales are good. But shipping can get super expensive and back orders drive me crazy!***About Brylane Home ***This site is under the Redcats family of websites that also own Chadwick's, Metrostyle, Woman Within, Roaman's, and several others. This site sells bedding, some bath, kitchen, and a lot of home decor products at reasonable prices. They often have good clearance sales as well. I really don't have an issue with the prices or the quality but, the last order I made, the shipping charges were WAY up there. I almost didn't make the order when I saw that AND tax added but the clearance items I was buying were so low priced (and I was using my Metrostyle credit card which isn't like *really *spending money) that I went ahead.The first part of my order arrived on January 28, 2009. I received a notice that it was shipping out after I got it. There were several items on back order which I didn't expect but was willing to wait a while for. A week later, a pillow came to my home. Eventually, the towel sets I ordered strolled in and now, a month plus later, I am still waiting for two large purchases that I was charged for. There has been no communication from **Brylane Home** and I finally called and surprise! My back ordered items are being shipped tomorrow they said. Hmmmm....At any rate, I like the site, don't like the shipping charges (but there are shipping specials at times), and really don't like waiting for well over five weeks for parts of my order to arrive. I don't even know when the items will get here or if they really are being sent out "tomorrow". If not for the back order issue, this site would be a very good one for decently priced and sometimes unique items. ***My Viewpoint*****Brylane Home** has good sales and the quality is decent. I like the variety and sales. I don't like the high shipping which seems to have no cap so, from now, I will only shop there when I have a free or reduced shipping code. The back ordered items are what really bugs me. I want my stuff. I paid for it and I want it in a reasonable time frame. Why do they even sell things they don't have in stock? I hate that. But in all, I will give this site ***3 stars and recommend it*** but don't order if you want you whole order to come quickly. You may be very disappointing because you have no idea what is coming until the order actually arrives.

Good home furnishing store

from Utah

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

When we were moving into our new house, we needed a lot of decorative and useful household goods. We were able to find several things on Brylanehome.com, and I would be happy to come back here and keep shopping.

Product Selection
They have a great selection of home products (we were looking specifically for some closet and space savers as well as for some decorative wall hangings). They also have a plus-size section. While we didn't use this personally, we have friends who have had trouble finding these types of products in large enough sizes, so we plan to come back and look for gifts for them.

Product Pricing
The prices are reasonable, and they run good sales (especially around Christmas time). Overall, I was very pleased with what we were able to buy (and the quality of it) for the amount of money that we spent.

Shipping and Returns
One downside to this site is that they charge more shipping when you spend more money (which is opposite of many stores). This gets especially difficult if you buy a more expensive item that isn't very big (costing you more in shipping even though it won't cost much for them to ship it to you).

• Shipping and Returns:

Nice selection of household linens

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

I shop this site solely for linens and other household items. They are very reasonable and they have tons of styles that will fit any taste. It is highly worth a visit to the site.

Super easy site to navigate through this site. They do offer excellent search filters, so you have no trouble finding exactly what you are looking for.

Product Selection
They have tons of items and styles for any home decorating ideas you are searching for.

Product Pricing
They do offer great pricing pretty much all through the year, although the prices tend to be much better during the change of seasons and the holidays.

Customer Service
Customer service department is excellent as they are always very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

Shipping and Returns
Their shipping prices are extremely expensive. They charge you a restocking fee if you have to return a product which I think is ridiculous. They also do not refund your shipping charge if you return a product.

Pure Junk

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

I have had nothing but bad experiences in both the quality of the products as well as the quality of their customer service - or should I say lack of quality. I spent over $800 on patio furniture and everything has fallen apart and I'm stuck with it!

No complaints on website

Product Pricing
No bagains here; pure junk.

Customer Service
Worst I've ever dealt with.

Too expensive.

Brylane Home Cotton Blankets Are Great

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

A few years ago I was on a mission to find a 100% cotton thermal knit blanket. I wanted one that wasn't too flimsy or too thick, and it needed to be tightly woven, because I hate getting my fingers and toes caught in the weave of a blanket. Blankets aren't supposed to have holes in them. I don't have money to throw around, and I will look and wait for something for months to get the best deal. BrylaneHome.com has the most wonderful cotton blankets. Exactly what I was looking for ... and in colors! And stripes! And oversized, too! The best part was the price.

So, I limited myself to two, and I narrowed down my color choices, and I placed my order and took advantage of a free shipping coupon code because I never pay shipping if I can help it.

And then I waited. And waited. Not a horrifyingly long time, but a couple of weeks, at least. The blankets finally arrived and they were everything the website zoom and reviews had said they were. Except one was the wrong color. It was blue, but not the perfect shade I had ordered.

Sigh. Since I didn't want to go through the hassle and expense of returning it, and since it was intended as a layer and not a coverlet, I kept it. It's been on my bed for 3 1/2 years. It's still in great shape. Hasn't faded. But the blue's all wrong and that really bugs me. (I know, I know. First World Problems.)

The blankets are made in India, which is not the USA, obviously, but it's not China either. They're a huge seller on the site. I just checked out the new selection, and it seems as if the item page on the website has changed. It's confusing. There are odd little "Read More" links that only open one at a time, thereby making comparison nearly impossible, and the "hover to see the item in this color" option doesn't work. It might be because I am using Firefox.

In a nutshell: Love the blankets. Feel the quality control in the packing and shipping department was lax. Not diggin' the website much. Oh. And they'll send you a billion catalogs once you make an order.

BrylaneHome.com Has Beautiful and Practical Products

from China Grove, NC

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

It wasn't until this year that I discovered BrylaneHome.com for all of my home buying needs. Where has this website been all of my life? I was super impressed with the variety of home goods that they offer. I could find something for every room in my house in a few clicks. The browsing features are easy to operate and make window shopping a breeze. I've been jotting down some ideas from my browsing sessions and getting ready to make my first purchase. From what I can tell so far, the buying process is easy and quick. The shipping seems reasonable as far as price and actual delivery. You can't go wrong with an online store that can help you furnish and decorate your entire house. I haven't had any website issues during any of my many sessions with Brylane Home. I think the user-friendly website is what has kept here on my home goods search. You want a website that gives you everything that you need as far as product and service. BrylaneHome.com definitely has all of those qualities!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

Purchased sheets and after first wash they fell apart. When I returned them they only refunded me back $18 out of the $25 I spent on the sheets. They deducted an additional $7 for me to ship them back. My total purchase price(with shipping) originally was $35 so it cost me $17 to ship and return ship them, that is $1 less then what the sheets cost. I will never order from this company again. Apparently they make more on shipping then their products

Backorder was murder!

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

I placed an order on 8/22/12. I was informed that it was on back order and would be shipped in a few weeks. About a month later I checked the status of my order and saw that it had been delayed even longer. Well since I still hadn't received my items, today I called Brylane Home and was informed that my items were no longer available and the order had been cancelled! NO CALL, NO EMAIL, NOTHING! I waited over two months for nothing! I will never order from this company again.

Brylane sells disposable bedding

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

The bed spread and pillows I bought fell apart right away. And the bedding I bought was on the high-end of what they sell, not their cheapest items. Their most expensive bedspreads and pillows would be useful for display windows but may fall apart with gentle wear. It looked really good online, but I never would have bought it if I could have seen and felt it. Big Lots level quality.

Disposal Bedding Says it all

Comments about BrylaneHome.com:

Another review mentioned "disposable bedding" and I couldn't agree more. Everything is beautiful when you put it on the bed, but after use or washing its all downhill from there. I ordered a polyester comforter which piled just weeks after use, and never laid flat the same way after cleaning. I even gave Brylane a second chance choosing a comforter made of a completely different fabric (microsuade). Even though there was no piling, the stitching came out and made the comforter unusable. I am on my 3rd comforter in a years time and am very disappointed.

Variety, quality, and LONG WAITS for back orders!

from The heart of , NY