Other Sewing Machines:
1034D
Brother Serger

Brother Serger

I would never trade my Brother Serger

Due to illness, I was forced to quit the work force and go on disability. In researching ways to help earn a little income, I decided to turn my love of sewing into a home alteration/mending business. I quickly found that I needed a serger sewing machine. My husband decided to give me one for my birthday. He researched many different machines and found the Brother Sewing Machine - Serger- 1034D. I loved it immediately. The threading color coded system makes it easy to thread. YOu just follow the pictures! It trims the fabric very smoothly. The stitches are straight and even. The Serger came with two DVDs that give very clear directions on how to use the machine. After I watched them a couple of times, it was easy to learn how to use the various stitches. Of course, the illustrated books that came with the machine help boost my memory at times also! In summary, I would never trade my Serger for another one. This works perfectly!

Brother Sewing Machine - Serger - 1034D Serger works for me

the Brother Sewing Machine - Serger - 1034D Serger is pretty nice machine.  i bought one this summer after my old reliable sewing machine finally stopped working for me.  Not sure what wrong with it, it just stopped mid-sew for no apparent reason.  Anyway i went to my local crafts store and the lady their helped me pick this one out.  She spoke very highly of it, and said that it was their best seller.  I can see why now.  It is so easy to use and set up.  My old one used to jam up quite a bit and i would have to back out and restart, but not this one.  It works so much more smoothly compared to my older now junk machine.  I wish i had bought a new one years ago.  I used it this halloween to sew my two daughters halloween custumes together and i think it got it done faster than i ever had in the past.  So if you are looking for a new machine, the Brother Sewing Machine - Serger - 1034D Serger definitely deserves  your consideration.

A nice addition to my sewing room.

from Florida

About Me Novice

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
  • Easy To Use

• Home
    • Sewing Projects

Comments about Brother Serger:

About six months ago I started trying to get serious about sewing and wanted to invest in another piece of machinery to expand what sewing projects I could do. I remembered my grandmother having a serger and decided I wanted one as well. She always had Singer brand when I was growing up, but I didn't like how they worked so I looked into other brands that I was aware of.

That is when I found this Brother serger on sale online and decided to buy it and see how it worked. Once it got delivered and I opened it and set it up, I realized what a good choice I had made. This serger is by far the easiest one that I have ever used, and it was super easy to not only set up but also to learn how to use. It is exactly what I needed and was looking for and it has become one of my favorite things in the sewing room.

The machine itself is very well made, the lines are sleek, the casing is sturdy and doesn't get all dinged up or dirty easily. Not that there is a lot of dirt in a sewing machine, but still I know that feature is important to some people. Like I said before, it is super easy to use, I would definately say that a beginner could use.

For all of those reasons I would recommend it, for a beginner and for an expert. I love it and am so glad I bought my Brother serger.

• Was this a gift?:

i love it

from egypt

About Me Professional

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
    • Versatile

Cons

• Difficult To Use

• Home

Comments about Brother Serger:

This machine is excellent but it is not for professionals to benefit only individuals but in terms of excellent manufacture

• Was this a gift?:

Excellent low cost serger

Comments about Brother Serger:

I love this serger. I use it for seams mainly and haven't gotten into the other things it can do, but for the price it is a workhorse and extremely well made.

Stitch Performance
    excellent and consistent seams.

Easy to thread, seldom breaks threads or needles.

Fabric Handling
    can take just about any fabric you throw at it and the tensions are easy to adjust.

Versatility
    Although I haven't tried a lot of its features, they are there for the asking.

Nice, compact, and well made.

Absolutely, no problems with this machine and it will do what you ask of it. Great Product for the money.

Brother Serger 1034D

Comments about Brother Serger:

I purchased this serger after taking an advanced sewing class at the community college in my neighborhood. I love the fact that I can now make garments and create professional looking finishes on my clothes that look very neat. When I first bought the machine a year and a half a go, I thought it would be very hard to thread because it looked so confusing. The machine was not hard at all because of the easy-to-follow instructions.

I can use this durable machine to handle small or large projects. The machine is very compact and able to fit into small spaces. It was not too expensive and the needles are easy to find if I need to replace them. I never have a problem with the machine not working as it should or the thread tension interfering with the stiches. The stitches really look great. My garments look high quality and I can now create things that I could not do before I invested in such a great machine.

• Versatility:

How did I ever live without this ?

Comments about Brother Serger:

I had been sewing for 3 years before I bought this and really thought it was just going to be a splurge and not really use it that much. Now 2 years after buying this serger,I can't believe i put off buying one for so long. It can be a booger to thread the first time or two,but after you learn to thread it,then its all great from there ! Just for the small budget and easy to learn to use !

Stitch Performance
    Once you learn to thread it correctly and get your tension setup right,then it stitches nicely ! I love how my seams look after using the serger.

I took it out of the box,read the manual and the dvd was unreadable so I had to go by what the manual instructed. The manual isn't really clear on how to thread it so I went by the diagram printed inside the serger. After some frustration I eventually got it setup and running properly and after that its easy to use .

Fabric Handling
    I run cotton,minky,satin,denim through it and the machine handles it all nicely. It doesn't seem real found of those thick denim seams but if you give it a bit more speed then it feeds thru correctly without breaking a needle.

Versatility
    I use it to finish seams,or make visible seams pretty and run a variety of fabrics thru it.

Wish it was a little easier to thread and get correct tension right the first time around,but all in all the design is simple and easy to use.

I've had this machine a few years now,I keep it cleaned out after ea use so it will last me for many years to come.

I was a surging goddess

Comments about Brother Serger:

I've had my sewing machine for years and resisted buying a serger since I figured that I could do anything on my sewing machine. Then my dance instructor asked me if I would be willing to sew outfits for everyone in class. "Sure," I thought.

Once I started the project, I realized just how horrible it was to try to sew the requested material on a regular machine. I decided to go shopping. The Brother brand is well known to anyone who's been sewing and paying any attention to the machines on the market. It has a pretty decent reputation for putting out workhorse machines so that was the brand I checked out first.

This model was the one that I ended up with. It was a whole new world. Sure, threading the machine is a pain in the rump but once the thing is threaded, it runs like a champ. The fact that you don't have to go back and trim your seams is so very nice. I've had to replace the cutter a few times due to heavy use but you get a fair amount of use out of each blade before it gets too dull to properly cut fabric. The machine is easy to care for and tucks away nicely when not in use.

• Versatility:

This is a great little serger!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Brother Serger:

I purchased this serger about 2 years ago and have been very happy with it! I was a total novice when it came to serging but without any formal classes I have been able to use this serger. The instruction manual showed me how to thread the machine which is very very easy- you just follow the colors. It is easier to thread than the new 3034D serger that Brother has made. The adjustment buttons are also very easy to see and to reach, and the cutter is easy to raise and lower. The cutter has remained very sharp since I purchased the machine even after using it with heavy fabrics. All the tools you need are in front of you in a drop down storage area. The tray that hooks under the front is a great size and easy to hook up. The only drawbacks I have with the machine are that it would have been nice if it had come with a hard carrying case (it has a back handle area but you always have to carry the foot pedal and scrap case separately, and it would be nice if the needle area was a bit bigger as it can be difficult to grab the threads from the different areas in such a small space. I have never had any problems with the stitches not looking great or had any mechanical problems with it. If you are a beginning serger or an old pro I highly recommend this serger.

Cool Machine!!

Comments about Brother Serger:

This is the best ever machine. Easy to use and does a really good job with speed.

Stitch Performance
    It does everything it says it will. Easy instructions. I have not had any problems with it.

It's a breeze to use. Just follow instructions.

It is designed perfect to meet my needs of sewing.

I wish it was made a little bit more durable. None the less I have not had any problems with it.

• Versatility:

A very impressive serging macine!

Comments about Brother Serger:

This serger machine is perfect for any beginner or novice sewer who is afraid of the idea of a serger, but wants one that is very easy to use. It is a very clean and simple design., and also a surprisingly quiet model. The instructions that it comes with are very clear, concise and easy to follow ( coming from someone who hates to read instructions!) Do not let the cheaper price of this machine fool you, it really gets the job done and makes sewing jobs a real pleasure!

Threading this machine is so fast and easy to do.

Versatility
    I have sewn everything on here so far from large drapes and curtains to a pair of boxers!

The design is very simple and laid out clean. I love the fact that the foot pedal is on the right too. I had never seen that before, but now that I do, it makes much more sense and is very comfortable to use that way.

As long as you keep your machine well oiled and treat it right, it should last forever!

• Versatility:

I have never had a serger before, this one was very easy to use.

Comments about Brother Serger:

Super easy to learn! I always wanted a serger but they were expencive and it was new to me so I was a little bit intimidated. This model was very easy to learn and within my budget. It was scary the first time but then it started to come naturally. I have been sewing for 25 years and it felt good to finally get a serger and overcome my fear of it.