Other Sewing Machines:
Brother
CE5000PRW
Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine

Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Versatility:

The Brother CE-5000PRW Sewing Machine is the best ever!

The Brother CE-5000PRW Sewing Machine is the easiest and best sewing machine i have ever used! I've done several projects on it and love it! I love the auto bobbin winder! I've never had a problem with my machine ever! I had my eye on this machine for a while and wasn't getting my hopes up on getting it until my hubby surprised me with this!! I've been a sewing fool! I can now finish my gifts that i'm making for relatives! YAY!!!!!!!

Great for the beginner

I purchased my first Brother CE-5000PRW five months ago before I realized that I was going to enjoy sewing so much.  Something went bad with the electronics on the first one after 10 days, and I simply exchanged it.  The one I have now is having problems with the motor but I've had it for over 90 days and can no longer take it back.

The Pros:  Great manual, easy threading, LOVE LOVE LOVE the quick-set bobbin feature, lots of stitches for such a cheap machine, comes with a lot of different presser feet, you can purchase additional presser feet (like a walking-foot or free motion quilting foot) for this machine at any Brother dealer, extremely light, needle down feature

The Cons:  No user access to top of machine to clean out thread and lint or oil the machine, not capable of handling frequent or long sewing sessions, small workspace

All in all, this is a great machine for a beginner or someone who doesn't sew very often but would like a lot of stitch options.  I've sewn clothing, quilt tops, and even machine quilted baby quilts and table toppers on this machine.  I easily put in a few hours of sewing per day, so I think this machine just isn't capable of keeping up with that.  I am planning on replacing it this week with a higher line Brother machine.  Best of all, all of the presser feet I already purchased will fit on my new machine!

I would to buy it

from Usa

About Me Professional

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
  • Easy To Use
  • Versatile

• Home
    • Professional
    • Quick Repairs

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

It fast and easy to use and can withstand use and versatile and it is small so I can take it any where but it is has nouse sounds

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Love it

from Valdosta,ga

About Me Novice

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Versatile

• Home
      • Sewing Projects

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

I run a small home business and this machine is so easy to use with so many functions.

• Was this a gift?:

good for making hamster costumes

from San Juan, Puerto Rico

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Breaks Easily

• Sewing Projects

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

Around halloween time last year i wanted to take my hamster trick or treating with me so i had to make him a costume. I bought this product in hopes of making little jeffy a pumpkin costume and it worked great and was very easy to use, and best of all it made it the best Halloween ever for little jeffy, 69/69 would buy again.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love this sewing machine.

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

My husband bought this for me as a present at the end of 2010 and so far it is working in tip top shape. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect 10 is that there is no way to adjust the pressure foot tension as there is on other machines and that is something that would really come in handy at some points.

Stitch Performance
      No problems with the stitches. Same as any other machine, sometimes you need to adjust the tension or whatnot.

Really easy to use if you have any sewing experience at all. All the stitches are on the side of the machine and you just tap the little buttons until you have your stitch number in. It even tells you on the screen which foot you need. Again, the pressure foot tension adjustment, or lack thereof, is the reason for the slight demerit.

Fabric Handling
      Great even feed. Occasionally have problems with the beginning of my project being sucked down into the bobbin cavity but that is pretty much only with knit material and I know better than to start too close to the edge.

Versatility
      Does everything you could want out of a sewing machine. Has a few overlock type stitches for home projects but I will be buying a serger soon as I am trying to get into making and selling clothes and it is not quite good enough for that but plenty good for clothes that you are making for yourself or as gifts.

Easy to use and understand. I do sometimes with that the lever to raise and lower the presser foot was in another spot but I have got used to it over time.

Owned it since the end of 2010 and have not had to do any repairs on it. I would say that up until recently it has seen moderate use and even now with giving it heavy use I am seeing no problems.

LOve love love

from hastings, FL

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

I am new to sewing. When I bought this machine I hoped it would be easy to use with great instructions. It has both. I love that I can go to brother.com and find tutorials on how to use it, how to change the bobbins, which stitch is best for what and also how to clean it. Making the bobbins is very simple, with step by step instructions in the manual. It gives you 100 different stitch options, basic stitches, cute little heart stitches, shamrocks and some other cute designs. I paid about 130 for this model brother and I was am so happy with my choice for my first sewing machine. I have made a few simple dresses for my daughter and will be attempting some basic blankets this week as well. I recommend this machine to anyone who needs or wants a nice sewing machine in a lower price range.

Love the many options

step by step instructions

Versatility
      It comes with other foots for different fabrics

• Versatility:

Awesome machine that is easy for even a beginner to use .

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

There are 80 stitches to select from ranging from a basic stitch to fancy quilting or embellishing stitch. Easy to follow instructions. there is even a numbered diagram on the machine to show you how to thread it. I really like the digital screen showing you which stitch you are using and it also tells you which foot you need to use so you will never have a broken needle due to using the wrong foot. Light weight. I just think this is a great machine for the monies.

Stitch Performance
      This machine has a very strong stitch performance. I make dog clothes and the stitching has held like a charm

. I cant ever remember how to thread the machine and I love the diagrams on the machine that show you how to thread it.

Fabric Handling
      This machine handles a variety of fabrics with ease

Versatility
      You can do a number of thing with this machine from hemming pants to quilting.

It has a wonderful light weight design

This machine has a very sound design.

Pretty good.

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

Not the best sewing machine. It is a good price and I am a beginner. The machine is very easy to thread. The L.E.D light is very handy. the settings are kind of a pain to change. It has two buttons. One to adjust the letter or something and one to adjust the number. It has a button hole feature that I have yet to use.

Stitch Performance
      Maybe I'm not skilled enough yet but it did seem to fight me a little. Not bad though. I have only made a dress or two and a Indiana Jones style leg strap satchel that turned out awesome.

It took some doing. Probably because I am going it alone. Easy enough.

Fabric Handling
      If you have a steady hand it works okay. Can sometimes maybe every time snag the fabric and thread. Could be operator error; I do not know.

Versatility
      Versatility I would give it a ten.I sewed a sequined fabric and a canvas treated to look and feel like a textured suede to denim to delicate linen fabric. Versatility yes!

The design is simple. Not a whole lot of flash. Don't really need flash in a sewing machine. Could have a longer neck to fit in more fabric though.

Easy for a beginner

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

I am a very amateur seamstress, and this has been a great machine for me to use. I am very happy with the Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine! It was very easy to set up. It is relatively small and lightweight, not taking up much room. The instructions and set up guide are easy to follow. It is quite user friendly. It offers many different stitches, although I haven't used many of them. The ones I have used are easy to acquire with just the touch of a few buttons! I have never had problems with it jamming or breaking, and the stitches is makes are neat and even. It has a great LED light over the work area. It is quiet and runs well. It has handled multiple fabrics well, including some that are pretty thick. I have also used a few different types of thread with ease. The presser foot is easy to change is necessary. I love my Brother machine and have already recommended it to a few friends. I would buy one again in a heart beat. You won't be disappointed in this purchase!

• Versatility:

A sewing machine for beginners to experts

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love the machines performance adaptability. This machine runs smoothly and is very quiet.

Stitch Performance
      Learning the stitches takes a while but worth it once you see the clear displays.
      The stitches become very to easy understand as you read along with the manual. I have had no problems with the stitch tension when changing stitch length or designs.

I love the turn on and go features of this machine. A novice could use this machine immediately. This is a lightweight machine which makes it easy to set up and put away after each use. The removable flatbed attachment allows for easy sewing of cuffs pant legs and narrow openings. Bobbin winding is made easy without the need to loosen the hand wheel . A new feature for me is the needle threader which take the seconds to thread a needle . An additional plus is the option of needle stop position.

Fabric Handling
      this machine works well on linens, silks, lightweight or heavy quilts . I have sewn blue jean pants , fabric and even heavy tents without any problems.

Great machine

Comments about Brother Project Runway Edition Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have loved this machine since the day I brought it home. It has several attachments foots that came with it. I love all the extra stitches you can chose to use also. I was needing one to be able to add some decorative stitching to some items and this is the perfect one. I was having a hard time deciding between this model and the next up which had letters you could stitch on, but the letters were only 1 size so I chose the lesser stitched model. It has worked perfectly. I've not had any problems with it and I've had it for several years. It's not hard to carry because it's lightweight. I put it in my travel tote for machines and take it with me places.

Very easy to use. The foot pedal lets you choose how fast you want to go. The book shows you exactly how to thread the bobbin and needle.

Versatility
      I take it with me to my quilting class. Super easy to travel with.

Buttons are laid out in nice places. The stitches are big enough on the machine to see which number you need for a certain stitch.

Had mine for over 2 years and it's still going strong.