View more all in one printers

Other All-In-One Printers:
Brother
MFC-440CN
Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer

Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer

Great all in one printer that does everything!

In the past, i used to have all my "parts" seperated. From printer, scanner, fax, machine, and etc. I didn't get into the all in one printers until last year when i picked this one up on sale. I like this printer beause it uses normal ink cartridges and not those with the electronic chips inside. Generic ink is also really cheap for this printer but you must watch out. This printer loves to clean itself every few hours or so. I advise pulling the plug or disconnecting it when not in use. When i left it "off" without unplugging it, I found that after a few weeks of not using it, all the ink is mysteriously gone.

Overall, the printer does everything i want it to and it was simple to use. I love that i can connet it via LAN network so everyone in the house can print to the printer. Each computer has a set of software that can connect to the printer for scanning, faxing, and printing. It even has a nice ink level display which proves to be very useful.

Printed with it twice, already stopped trying to print

Bought the printer, used it twice, and each time i try and use it the paper gets jammed, had it looked at and they keep trying to tell me nothing is wrong with it and there's no way it's jamming paper because there isnt anything obstructing it, so why would i get a paper jam every time?

Quality printing yes, Affordable Printing No

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

It's a good multi-task printer, it faxes, scans, copies and prints. The scanning is flatbed as well as feed through which is really convenient and it faxes fine. The scanning can be done in really high quality color. The problem lies in the printing. The quality is really good but the ink is so expensive that it's really not worth it unless you need custom made projects. It has three color cartridges and a black ink cartridge and you need ALL of them to have ink even if you just need to print in black and white. The ink dries out fast if you aren't the type to print everyday and it "cleans" the ink arbitrarily which uses up a bit from each of the cartridges.

It prints a bit slow but otherwise it performs.

Copy Quality
The quality is good.

Ink/Paper Use
Terrible, my main complaint with this printed, it uses so much of it's expensive ink.

Easy programs to control it's multiple features and easy to access keys.

Great durability

Nice except for the cleaning ink and the inability to print without all cartridges.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Holds up well and multi-tasks!

from Wrightstown, NJ

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

My husband and I purchased the Brother MFC-440CN All-in-One InkJet Printer approximately four years ago, and we are still using it.

I have found all of the features it offers to be extremely useful, especially on the rare occasion where someone needs me to fax them something and I don't have to run to a store and have them do it for me (or wait for them to receive it by mail!).

I do not use this printer for printing photos at home, as I found it much MUCH cheaper to just pay to have photos printed at a store, as photo paper alone costs a lot, and then it uses a lot of ink as well, and the cartridges for this printer are not cheap.

My only complaint with my MFC-440CN printer is that it seems to pull the pages in slightly crooked. I never have been able to figure out why, and luckily it usually doesn't matter. I am not sure if this is just my specific machine, or if it is a consistent problem with the model.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Printed with it twice, already stopped trying to print

from Spiro, OK

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

Corporate office capability in a small office unit

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

This is one of the best buys I think I have ever made!   This product is ideal for a space-conscious home environment and offers full size capabilities.  It has color Ink-jet printing (up to 20ppm black, 15ppm color with resolutions up to 6000 x 1200 dpi), color copying, color scanning, color faxing and PC faxing.

Brother all-in-one printer

from Corry, PA

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

My printer works more then I do around the house. I bought 2 printers My Brother and a HP. I tried the HP first and was not happy with the functions so I went and bought my Brother MFC -440CN. I fax , Print all my purchases, I hook up my camera and then print my photos, which come out beautiful . Everytime i turn around my family comes for me to print their pictures. I have talked 3 of them into buying a brother because you save to much money when printing photos instead of paying someone to do them.

Great all in one printer that does everything!

from Chicago, IL

Still torn

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

While this product does an amazing job at printing photos, scans, copies and faxes it runs out of ink quickly. The cartridges are pretty small and quite pricey. We were able to get this printer at 75% off when we bought my husbands laptop and I can honestly say I would have rather paid more for a printer that has larger and/ or more economical ink cartridges. The wireless was a little hard for our computers to hook up to, we have a MacBook Pro and an Alienware laptop. It did hook up effortlessly to our secondary HP laptop. I would be careful to limit how many photo prints you print in one sitting. We had a stack of photos to print off and started with a stack. I quit checking about half way through when the ink was streaking in the photos. These were brand new cartridges and high quality photo paper. I was surprised. I figured out it overheats after about 10-20 prints. If you break them up you should have no problem!

Prints great the problem comes in when the print heads clog up.

from Grambling, LA

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

This printer has lots of great functions.  The drawback is if you do not print for a while the printheads clog & you are not able to print a certain color.  the printer prints a bit slow but the quality is great.  I never had a problem with the quality, & i was never really in a hurry to get my prints.  It is pretty compact for an all in one printer.  the automatic paper feeder is great & so is the ocr capability.  you can print even if one of the four color cartridges are out.  Which is great because lots of printers wont allow you to do that.  My yellow print head got clogged after a while of not printing.  I wish brother would tell people about this (the print heads are not in the cartridge itself so they cant be replaced).  Great printer & they are great prices now so get one, just make sure you print pretty often to preven clogging.

The Brother MFC-440CN is a great value for the all-in-one.

from Imperial, PA

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

I just love my Brother MFC-440CN all in one printer. The convenience of having a printer,copier,scanner and fax machine all built into one unit is a bonus for me. It saves alot of space and works beautifully in all modes. It also has seperate ink cartridges for all of the colors, so you only have to replace the colors that are used up. The print copies have come out beautiful. It also does photos in excellent quality. The only drawback is it only holds 50 sheets of paper at a time. Other than that I highly recommend this unit. It is a great value for the money.

excellent printer for home use or a small business usage

from Middleburg, FL

Comments about Brother Photo Color All-In-One Printer:

**Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-440CN All-In-One InkJet Printer** is easy to set up both physically and software wise, but it doesn't hurt to read the instruction book first.  If you understand the instruction book completely, the rest is easy.  If you don't understand the instruction book, there are step-by-step instructions that will aid you in setting up the printer.