Other Sewing Machines:

Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine LS1717

easy,brother 1717 p sewing machine

from Ruston, LA

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine LS1717:

My sister brought me a sewing machine for Christmas.  The sewing machine was the Brother 1717p.  The sewing machine was easy to read and to operate.  The new sewing machine was easy for a person like me to work it.  The sewing machine instructions was easy for me to read.  I have not ever used a sewing machine nor seen a sewing machine in action but working with the Brother 1717p sewing machine was great.

This is a good sewing machine for the price

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine LS1717:

I have had a Brother LS-1717 sewing machine for about eight years; after all this time, I STILL haven't figured out how to easily remove the front cover to change the bobbin. Once I do remove the cover, changing the bobbin is sill a pain. Granted, this is the only sewing machine I've ever owned, so maybe it's a major pain on all machines, but I doubt that's the case.

Other than the difficulty in changing the bobbin, the sewing machine seems to work well. I don't use it often, so I can't say whether or not it would have held up these years under heavy use. But, it was so inexpensive that it would have been worth the price paid even if it had only been usable for a few years.

All things considered, I'd definitely recommend this sewing maching.