Other Sewing Machines:
Brother
XL5500
Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine

Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine

The Brother XL-5500 sewing machine is the way to go!

from Ottawa, IL

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I got this sewing machine when it first came out. I think it is fantastic. It has so many different opions on it! At first it really confused me, and sometimes still does, but for how old it is I'm surprised it is still in such good working condition. I use it all the time, and wouldn't ask for a different one!

The Brother XL-5500 is a great beginner sewing machine!

from Monterey, TN

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I bought this sewing maching as my first. I found it to be very user friendly! The manual does a great job of guiding you through how to thread the machine and use it. The machine has a lot options, especially as far as thread design. That makes this machine great for frequent sewers as well as ones like me, who do it for fun. I would recommend this sewing machine to others, especially a kid or a beginner. It makes sewing fun when you don't have a million options, but enough to mix it up. It does not break thread easily, which I love, because it is very distracting when you are in the middle of a project and you have to stop and rethread the machine. I also like that you can store the bobins in the machine. This sewing machine was also very affordable, which is what attracted me to this particular machine in the first place! When you can get a good quality machine for a reasonable price, it's worth it!