3.3

Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine

3.3

Brother PE770

from Fountain Inn, SC

Pros

• Easy to clean
  • High quality
  • terrible machine

Cons

• not recommended

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

difficult to use. Binds up now matter what thread you use.

pe770

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

The pe770 offers more options as far as embroidery compared to the pe500. You have more options to download embroidery designs, and the option for bigger hoop setting; which comes in handy when wanting to do larger projects. Needed this machine compared to the 4x4 for the pe500 for larger shirts (adults), backpacks, and more.

Stitch Performance
    Designs (as long and they are good designs from reputable designers) stitch out perfectly. Brother is my preference when it comes to sewing and embroidery machines.

Everything is laid out pretty well for you right out of the box and the manual explains everything with ease.

Fabric Handling
    The hoop sets well as long as the right fabric to thread and stabilizer is used right.

Versatility
    It seems to offer plenty of options for a project person like myself. I would think a bigger machine would be needed for a home business for it works well for my needs.

The layout of the machine works great and flows well to understand.

Been using it for two years and have yet to have a problem.

• Stitch Performance:
    • Fabric Handling:
    • Versatility:

LOVE this machine!!

from Cartersville, GA

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

I have had this embroidery machine for almost a year now and I am in love. I upgraded from the Brother PE 440, which I now use exclusively as a sewing machine. (I really like the way the PE440 sews even though I never use it to embroider anymore unless it's a onesie). The thing I love most about the PE770 is how easy it was to learn and use. I just do embroidery for my own three kids and my friends' kids as a hobby, so I don't do huge volumes or anything like tough canvas materials or something you'd need a more industrial machine for. In my opinion there is NO better machine for the money when it comes to ease of use for someone that wants to do this as a simple hobby. I am SO glad that I purchased this machine and recommend it VERY highly. I am also a fervent "MAC" person, and have had no problems at all with the .pes files it requires. :) Happy Sewing!

The designs that come pre-loaded onto the machine are VERY limited (read - old lady!), but it's very, very simple to purchase designs on the internet and load them onto the machine with a flash drive.

• Stitch Performance:
    • Fabric Handling:
    • Versatility:

Not a happy sewer

from Davenport, IA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

I bought this sewing machine and was not happy with it at all.  I tried several times to use it as an embroidery machine and everytime I used it it would bind up. I tried several different types of thread and material and never ever got it to work.  I even had other people try it.  When I contacted the manufacturer about the problems I was having they told me there was nothing wrong with the machine.  That it was operater error.  I personally would not recommend this machine.  I had bought it thinking that I was going to make the cutest little gifts and it turned out to be a total disaster.  It did work as a sewing machine but not for what I purposely bought it for.  So if you are looking to purchase this machine for its embroidery options I would say not a good idea.  If you are purchasing it for a sewing machine then it would be a great idea.  It is kind of expensive for just a sewing machine.

Very happy with my PE 770

from Farmersville, TX

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

I bought the Brother PE - 770 embroidery machine as an early Christmas gift to myself.  I did a lot of research before I bought this embroidery machine.  There were very few negative comments listed about the PE- 770 on seller web sites and on the forum boards that I visited dealing with embroidery machines.  I have a Brother sewing machine and am very happy with it, so I already trusted the Brother brand.  They have a great warranty and are easy to use.  The instruction book could have been a little clearer and involved more information.  It took a little playing around with the machine to understand what the instructions were trying to say.  The usb port is one of the things that sold me on this machine.  It makes it easy to transfer patterns over to the PE- 770.  You can still use the Brother embroidery cards with the built in slot.  It has a good size hoop that comes with it (5x7).  I have used it 7 times so far and have not had any problems with it.  The price was another thing that sold me.  It has many of the same features that the more expensive brands have.

Personalized gifts are such fun to make and give!

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Brother Computerized Embroidery Machine:

My adult children, my mother and my loving husband all pitched in for my birthday last year to surprise me with a **Brother PE-770 Computerized Sewing Machine.**  I had been researching embroidery machines for some time and finally came to the conclusion that I just couldn't spend that much money on myself.  My youngest daughter picked up on my research and refined it to include something affordable and reliable.  I was more than thrilled with this gift!  Since receiving it I have made innumerable personalized gifts for family and friends.   I even stitched the names of every one of my grandson's classmates on head scarves for their pirate day at school.  I personalized pillow cases for the girls that attended my grandaughter's birthday sleep over.  These are but a few of the items that I was able to add some zing to with my **Brother PE-770 Computerized Sewing Machine**.  While the basics of this machine were easy to comprehend I'm sure I could use it to the "max" if videos were available for some of the more complex possibilities.  However, I love my machine!