View more all in one printers

2.7

Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer

2.7

P.O.S.

P.O.S. Printer
Horrible experience using this printer.

First, I found that you must have full ink in all 3 colors just to print black & white. Then once I replaced my cartridges with full ones, the machine would get a paper jam every single time it tried to print.
This REALLY sucks when you buy postage online and you're only allow 1 "reprint" or else you have to wait 2 weeks for your postage refund!!!

Terrible design.

Horrible.

Copy Quality
Unknown, never got it to work.

Ink/Paper Use
Terrible. Must have full ink in all cartridges just to print black & white pages. Completely stupid design.

When you lift the door cover the hinge that holds it up gets stuck and you have to bang it to get it to go back down.

Never worked at all.

Worst design I could imagine in every way.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

For the average user, this Brother MFC210C is very user friendly

from Phelps, NY

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

I like my Brother MFC210C all in one printer as it is very user friendly. For the most part I am extremely satisfied. I just wish that it had an automatic paper feeder and the ink cartridges lasted longer. INK...I wish that it would allow you to over ride the ink empty option and choose a color to print with in it's place.

I would recommend this printer to someone who didn't need it to print alot of copies all the time.

An inexpensive printer/copier/fax that works great-simply!

from Roscoe, IL

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

I hate dealing with printers. But I needed one for my home office. I was lucky to stumble across this one, which happened to be on sale. I didn't really think I needed all the functions, but I have ended up using them all and loving it. In fact, I liked it so much, I bought one as a gift for a friend. Here's the breakdown on what I like: 1. Obviously it prints. And while it isn't fantastically fast, it is adequate and the copies are clear. The ink lasts a good long time, too.

2. It works as a scanner. The software that comes with has to be installed, though I know I can also do this from the printer with the press of a button. I just find it easier to do it from my computer desktop. Then the file that has been scanned can be saved and worked with on either the accompanying software or your favorite utility.

3. It works as a copier. I use it endlessly for this. It's so nice to be able to copy a check, or other important document. I don't know how we got by without a copier in the house!

4. Finally, the fax function. In today's world, everybody wants to fax you something, or have something faxed to them. I don't have a dedicated fax number, but it is simple to do a manual receive on our home telephone number with this printer. I just have a phone line plugged in, and when we answer the phone and hear the squelch of a fax, we hit a couple assigned buttons (in our case *51), hang up the phone, and the fax kicks in and prints out our pages. SIMPLE

I really like everything about this item. The price fluctuates a lot on it, so I do recommend comparison shopping online before purchasing. Other than that, I give it a big thumbs up!

Nice printer but is a scam to force you to buy ink non-stop

from Hillsboro, OR

Brother MFC-240C

I left Epson because of their ink scam and lawsuit and bought this Brother only to have a worse problem than the Epson!

I bought this printer and didn't use it except to test it and copy about 5 pages.  I left the printer plugged in the power outlet for a 3-4 months and I happen to walk into the computer room one day when I heard it doing some work.  I walked in and all lights were off but it was cleaning/priming the head!!  I could only stop it by disconnecting the power!

When I turned it on it told me all inks were low!!! I didn't even use this darn thing yet!!

This is in line with the other complaints regarding the ink.

These printer makers are unethical in their practice and must be stopped.  This might qualify for a class Action suit if it is verified that this is how these were designed.  I will need to do further homework before contacting my attorney.

Nice, but ink doesn't last.

from Red Wing, MN

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

I received this printer for Christmas a few years back.  It's nice and I've always had good luck with Brother products, but the ink does NOT last long.  Sometimes I don't use it for a while and the ink (which I had just replaced) has dried up.  And it doesn't like to print/scan if even one of the cartridges is empty. I have to replace the cartridges a lot and they aren't cheap.  Not to mention that there are four cartridges (one black, and three color.)  Just be warned!  If you're using it all the time, it might not be an issue, but if you let it sit for a while without using it, you may want to look at other products.

This all in one printer works great but has horrible ink feature

from Williamstown, WV

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

This printer has lasted us a long time and has served us well through our adoption process.  We often need to make copies of documents to mail and occassionally need to receive a fax for a adoption situation and this printer has never let us down.  It is super easy to use and I have never needed to call a tech person about anything within it.

A HUGE negative is that this printer requires that all it's ink cartridges be full all the time.  If I need to receive a fax in black and white but my yellow ink cartridge is empty the entire printer, fax, copier won't work at all.  This is a HUGE problem when a fax is as important as information about an adoption placement.  We always have to have a stock of ink on hand so as not to miss an important fax because the color is out.  We have tried and tried to override this feature but with no luck.  If ALL cartridges are not full then you can not print, copy, or receive fax.

Also, don't plan on buying off brand ink for this printer.  The off brand cartridges we bought leaked all over the desk below the printer because they didn't fit properly.  We have never had a problem with the actual Brother ink but it is expensive (as is all other name brand ink)

Pretty Good Quality But Dosn't Last

from North Bend, OR

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

I've owned the Brother MFC-210C Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer for years but lately its just went south. I mean the color is messed up it tries to suck in the whole tray of paper etc. At first the printer was great. I wouldn't suggest it as a photo printer but for documents this printer is perfect. Ink is expensive but if you buy a ink refill kit you can save a boat load of cash. It has a easy to use interface and also has a SD card reader built in to the front f it for easy photo printing. It makes decent copies and scans but I have never used it as a fax machine so I don't know about that. I would suggest this to people that don't use there printer for big jobs like printing 500 copies of something, and that don't plan to use it for photos. Overall I think that this is a OK printer but defiantly not the best.

Contains:

Printer

All necessary cords

User Manuel

1 color and 1 black ink cartridge

Great all in one printer

from Geneva, NY

Brother MFC 210C

A great printer. Prints very good photo's, scan's and has two different size card reader for your digital photo's You do not need the computer on to print your digital photo's. I love this all in one printer, copier, scanner and fax.

Does The Job

from New Kensington, PA

Comments about Brother Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer:

I print everything on here.  Use it for copies, scanning, faxing, and more.  Think the ink runs out fast and needs the print heads cleaned quite often.  The pop up trying to sell me new ink is very annoying.  If I wanted to order ink I would go on line and order it.  I don't always need something on my screen popping up asking me to order.  Besides this it is a good reliable printer.