View more all in one printers

4.1
Other All-In-One Printers:
Brother
MFC-490CW
Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer

Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer

4.1

The one that does it all!

I am reviewing the Brother MFC 490CW. It is a printer, copier,scanner, fax and captures photos from your camera! I have not personally used the photo capture feature so I will not be reviewing it. I do use the printer, fax, copier on a daily basis, and scanner on a weekly basis, and just love all the functions. I can enlarge and reduce my copies and faxes, print confirmations to faxes sent. I can do this in Black and White or in Color. Set up was snap, and can even print from my laptop wirelessly!! I am not to happy with the on-line registration process......for Brother Products or its added software, cause the serial numbers and registration numbers are not accepted via on-line.....I keep getting error messages. Guess I should just call it in, but then you never know if you will be able to understand the person on the other end of the phone.  This was a replacement for my last 2 Brother MFC's that died and were out of warranty. I have been able to find inexpensive ink cartridges at www.Inkgrrabber.com but the best price I have found has been with www.SuperMediaStore.com. You should check them out for all your ink needs!

As far as the Brother MFC for easy of setup and use you can't go wrong with a Brother! Will defiantly buy again!

Brother All In One, not exactly what I Thought.

**Brother MfC. I recently bought this all in one. Print copy scan fax with pict bridge and memory card capabilities. The clarity in the printing is really good. It is great for photo printing. This machine prints very fast. It is relatively quiet. It comes with a user guide, which I find somewhat complex at times. The functionality of this machine is not exactly what I had anticipated. I have had much trouble with receiving a program is busy message, when attempting to scan. When it does this there is no program running! It can be very frustrating. As far as the faxing capability, I have had a problem with it also. After the fax is completed, it starts to redial again and you can't seem to get it to stop, even if you power it off. The recipients of some of my faxes say that it shows as doubled words, not very legible. All in all I'm disappointed in the functionality of this all in one. It was very expensive to purchase and I would not recommend.**

This printer is the greatest value!

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

I absolutely love this printer. I bought it when my previous printer (from a different brand) gave out. I shopped around for which style of printer had some of the most efficient, inexpensive, and highly rated ink (since we know the ink ends up costing ten times more than the printer!).

The image quality is high, printing is quick and smear-free. I love the wireless capabilities so it can be linked to my laptop, desktop and tablet. The copy-quality is also great.

I have not tried to use this unit with photo paper, but I imagine it would do well with photo paper as well as regular paper.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Best all-in-one inkjet

from Overland Park, KS

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

I have tried other brands of printers in the past and have been very frustrated with how quickly they go through ink and the low print quality. I decided to spend the extra money on a Brother and was not diappointed. I love the fact that I can connect it to my network and wirelessly connect to it through my laptop. The only feature I have not used on this printer is the fax. The ink lines recently became clogged (but that may have been because I used generic ink), however I was able to clean it out and it works perfectly again.

Copy Quality
Good quality, even prints decent photos.

Ink/Paper Use
Uses far less ink than any other brand I've ever bought.

I've used this printer on a regular basis for about four years now.

It would be nice if the user could access things like the ink lines easier. I would have had to completely disassemble the machine to access them. Found an easier way to clean them out.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

For the price paid, it a great printer!

from Mckinney, TX

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

It is hard to find a printer that possesses so much functionality for the economic price. That said, it is still not the best printer out there. Some times, it can even be frustrating. First of all, it doesn't do duplex, which is OK, since it is quite expensive feature. The next thing is the problem with scanning. Although it has a feeder, which is a really nice feature, it doesn't perform that well, i.e. the pages can be tilted a little, or some pages just got skipped! I like the USB scanning feature, where sticking in a USB thumb drive, the scanned PDF will be saved in the USB drive. Installing the software allows you to scan over the internet, and even e-mail the scanned file. However, you won't want to type the long email address over the keypad. Overall, is a pretty nice printer for the price.

The Brother Flatbed Printer is awesome

from Fort Knox, KY

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

This was given to me as a gift a couple years ago. I love this printer. I'm able to fax, copy, and scan whenever I need to. It's quiet and easy to use. It's easy to install. It has the wifi capibility, which is nice since our house doesn't have a computer room and I don't want to have our printer sitting on our dining room table where we use the laptop. The print quality is fantastic. Pictures come out great. It works well with my computer and I have windows 7. So I just had to download the drivers off of Brother's website.

The photo paper is a bit pricy. It took me a little while to figure out how to put the paper in. I don't know why it took me so long, it just did. I also sometimes have a problem with the printer connecting to our wifi. It sometimes takes a few re-starts and powering up and down. Not sure why there is an issue with it.

I would recommend this printer to anyone looks for a printer with multiple functions. It is well worth the money.

We love our Brother MFC 490CW

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

We love our Brother MFC 490CW. Where should I start. We got our Brother MFC 490CW last year for Christmas. We hooked it up right away and it works great. We are able to use it as a printer, fax machine, copier, and scanner. As a printer it prints very high quality pictures and photos. The Brother MFC 490CW is WIFI capable. So we can print to it from our laptop wireless. That is AWESOME! So from anywhere in the house we can be on the internet and print an email or print anything without having to hook it up. It is capable to be used as a fax machine , but we do not have a fax line so we do not use this feature. As a copier you can copy 1 page at a time or you can have it feed several pages through and print multiple copies of multiple pages. As a scanner, I do a lot of Mystery shopping and need to scan receipts to send in for proof of shopping. I am able to scan these receipts and send the wireless to my computer. We just recently had a problem with our Brother not printing anything in black ink. I called Brother and they quickly stepped me through a few items and them told me where to take it for warranty repairs. Great job Brother you hit a home run with this and your customer service backs it up!

Great Printer

from Fairfield, OH

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

This all in one is an affordable and reliable machine. We have used it for home and for business needs. The set up was super easy and we love the wireless accessibility it offers. The print quality has been very good for us too. I have even been able to figure out faxing with ease- and I am far from a tech wizard. We like the front screen (it even tilts) and the ability to load our sd card in the front and view our pictures right there on the printer screen. It is easy to load paper, envelopes, and picture paper. We also have liked being able to buy separate color cartridges and black cartridges as we need them. Due to some of our logos on business materials, we go through the red quickly and do not have to buy a whole new color cartridge just to refill the reds.

The only thing we have not liked is not having a manual feed option. Also, heavier cardstock (60lbs plus) is not recommended in this machine as it can jam easily. But, overall we have been very pleased with this purchase.

Brother All In One, not exactly what I Thought.

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

affordable at first but expensive upkeep

from Alabaster, AL

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

This compact, sleek all-on-one printer is very affordable.  It scans, copies, faxes and prints at a touch of a button.  It is user frinedly and can be tucked out of site since it is wireless.  However, the down side to this printer is that it will not print at all when one iink cartridge is low--that means any of the three color cartrideges as well making this an expesnive printer if you planon using it often.

this printer is easy to setup and use with simple step instruct.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

***when ever a problem comes up brothers support staff will walk you step by step to make it a easy and complete and after all is said and done they well e-mail a copy of thing for other problemsit could have been after dealing with brothers product i would now look at brothers printers the next time i'm looking for a printer  and tell my frinds how much brothers support staff helped me in a time of need and how it is to use on a daily bases***

Brother MFC-490CW Is Smarter Than a 5th Grader!!!

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Brother Color Flatbed All-In-One Printer:

I Bet my Brother MFC-490CW is Smarter than a 5th Grader!  It's the only printer with a mind of it's own that let's me know immediately if I must change the cartridge; open or close a door ext.  In fact, it seems to have a brain.  Anyways, I seriously use this 5-in-1 every single day and it is a stellar product.  The only problem being is that if you use it regularly, you will be changing one of the many color cartridges quite frequently.  It actually has 4 color cartridges and if one is out...the device will not work.  I've been able to overcome some of the high costs by having a refill kit on hand at all times.  This is imperative if you are using the printer for a business.  I've also found that it is difficult to use various brands of cartridges.  Say you have three Brother cartridges and decide to buy one cartridge of another brand.  The printer has a difficult time recognizing that the odd brand is installed.  I was told to use all brother cartridges or all of another brand.  For me, it's been easier just refilling them myself.  Minor adjustment which I could resolve.  Would make a great gift for the family.  Great Photo quality!