3.9
Britney Spears
Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum

Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum

3.9

This fragrance is wonderful.. Younger kids adore it!!

This smells great but it is usually for the younger generation. My cousins absolutely adore it. For the older women it's not the glamorous though. I think the smell is for like high school kids that like that light but bold fragrance. It would make them feel confident and vital wearing it.

Oops, Britney did it again. This perfume is chaotic.

***Quick View***: I was given a sample vial of this perfume and I actually thought it was quite nice when I sniffed it. However, once it settles, it smells like men's cologne and, to top it off, I am severely allergic to something in it and my eyes blew up and could barely open. Even without an allergy, I wouldn't buy this fragrance because it isn't feminine and light enough for me.

***About Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum***

I didn't know Britney Spears had a perfume line. Or that Paris Hilton did. Or that many other celebs have their own lines of fragrances. I like my favorites and rarely veer. However, I was at a department store and was given a sample veil of  **Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum **to try and, hopefully for the saleslady, buy. Let's put Britney's personal life aside and just focus on the fragrance since she clearly had no real input into the fragrance. It is made by Elizabeth Arden.

When I first sniffed this fragrance, it was fresh and sweet but not overbearing. I didn't immediately fall in love with it but it wasn't half bad. When I got home, I put just a bit on each wrist. The scent was quite nice. According to Elizabeth Arden, the notes are:

1. *Top: Inner light shines outward with a mouthwatering top note of guava pulp and golden tangerine *
2. *Heart: A delicate blend of feminine honeysuckle is intertwined with hints of linden blossom *
3. *Dry down: A balance of sophistication and youthful spirit, patchouli aura is wrapped in a wink of sensual amber and pink pralines*
That sounds nice, doesn't it? It is. At first. I was digging the unusual scent for about 10 minutes and then I noted that it started to smell like a men's cologne. It had a sharp masculine scent to it which turned me completely off. It wasn't even a good smelling masculine fragrance. But something else was happening. I was starting to sneeze and my eyes were getting itchy. Long story short, when I realized that the perfume was causing my allergy symptoms, I quickly washed it off but the damage was done. My eyes were swollen shut and my nose was running constantly. I was sneezing and itching my eyes like a mad woman. Two Benadryl  and a night of sleep later, my eyes remain swollen and red and I feel like crud. I have no idea what ingredient in the perfume caused such a reaction. I have never had any such reaction to any perfume before. Needless to say, I won't be going near that stuff anymore. But even without the allergic reaction, I would not buy the fragrance.

***My Viewpoint***

**Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum** is her latest in a line of fragrances. She has *Curious, Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy* and, now, ***Believe***. I never knew any of them existed and have no desire to try any of the others. This fragrance seems really appealing because it has fragrant fruits and top notes that seem sweet and feminine. It starts out fresh and unique but quickly turns into a masculine scent perhaps due to the patchouli and amber. I would never wear this fragrance because I like light, clean, fresh scents as well as citrus ones. This one is heavy and overwhelming. It's not very feminine when it settles. I didn't like the scent at all. Adding to that the fact that my face blew up like a balloon and my eyes turned blood red from something in it and you KNOW I am not going near the stuff. Allergy aside, I give this fragrance ***3 stars***. For me it was a 1 star experience but obviously my allergic reaction was unusual. This is a very, very average fragrance at a high price tag and one that probably isn't in high demand at the moment considering its namesake's current reputation. In fact, a few local stores here have removed all Britney Spears fragrances and accessories from their shelves. Yikes. Anyway, try before you buy and be sure to let the fragrance settle for 10-20 minutes before making a decision to buy. It changes drastically on the skin.

A pleasant balance of notes

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

I received this as a gift, and it's soft and pleasant. I smell citrus, but also soft petals, but what helps it linger is either amber or maybe patchouli, but the overall effect is pleasant without being overpowering. Each time I put some on, I smell something different. Right now, I notice the citrus strongly. I think this would be a nice fragrance for a night out because it's not too girlishly sweet, but not also powerfully flowery either. It's a nice combination.

Alot better than what she became.

from Alhambra, CA

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

This perfume is light, lasts long and smells great. It's a surprise that such a failure in life could create such a great perfume. The bottle looks nice, and the smell has a little kick to it. I recommended this perfume to all my friends. Another good perfume is the Paris Hilton one and the Hollister one.

Another winner by Britney

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

While I am not a huge fan of Britney herself, I must say she has a way of putting out the most amazing smelling fragrances. Believe is not exception. Fruity and girly smelling, this is one I can see myself wearing for some time to come. I will add that although I consider this a girly scent, it's not one of those that would limit itself to younger women, but is sophisticated enough that women of all ages can wear and appreciate it. Everytime I wear it around my mother, she comments on how much she likes it as well. Definitely check this one out!

Excellent job!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

I love this perfume.  Her scents get better with each release. This one is sophisticated and subtle and best of all, can be used at all times of day regardless of the occasion! Keep doing it Britney! You can't go wrong!

Britney Spears really impressed me with Believe!

from Georgetown, KY

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

Believe is such a unique and beautiful perfume because it combines floral scents with more spicy tones. It sweet and spicy layers that, when blended, create perfect harmony. It's very long-lasting as well, I only apply it once a day.

A sweet and beautiful smell

from Tiverton, RI

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

I love this smell.. I was surprised because I usually dont like fragrances by celebrities, but this was definitely an exception. It has a sweet smell not alcoholy or anything. It is certainly not overpowering like most fragrances either. Even the shape of the bottle is cool.

Love It!

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

It is a nice perfume. My husband loves the way it smells. I would recommend it to my friends and my family. I think you will love it too. I was doubtful at first because she is such a crazy person sometimes but I really think it is nice. I have tried other scents that she has put out and this seems to be my favorite one so far. I can't wait to try another one she comes out with.

I love this.

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

This perfume smells very good and i enjoy it this perfume smells so good i tryed some on and i just have to have it i am going to go buy some right now because it is the best smelling perfuem i have ever had.My husband and my freinds like it they say i smell good when i wear it i am complemented on it and i like it very much this is a very great purfume and i would recomend it to anyone!

not a big fan of britney spears and can't get over that.

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

It doesn't smell all that bad. I expected it to smell somewhat cheap. It's not too strong and I don't like overpowering smells. I just can't get over the fact that it's endorsed by Britney Spears. If someone were to ask me what I was wearing, I'd be a little embarassed. Unfortunatly, the scent doesn't last too long. But it smells good for the time it does last.

This is a great product

from Jonesville, NC

Comments about Britney Spears Believe Eau de Parfum:

This Britney Spears perfume is truly a great, and all around wonderful product. i started using it about 4 months ago and i have been complimented constantly by men and woman. It smells amazing, sprays well, has a beautiful bottle, and isn't too strong. It didn't irritate my skin at all and manages to be girlish while still having a mature woman's smell. it is not too expensive but it can be somewhat hard to find. I would recommend this to any woman or even teenager to wear as a daily perfume. men, feel free to get this product for your wife or girlfriend, she will love it. the box is so attractive there will be no need to wrap it. I plan to continue using this product for a long time. I have bought this item for my female family members and they all enjoy it's gorgeous scent.

This Britney Spears perfume is truly a great product. i started using it about 4 months ago and i have been complimented constantly by men and woman. It smells amazing, sprays well, has a beautiful bottle, and isn't too strong. It didn't irritate my skin at all and manages to be girlish while still having a mature woman's smell. it is not too expensive but it can be somewhat hard to find. I would recommend this to any woman or even teenager to wear as a daily perfume. men, feel free to get this product for your wife or girlfriend, she will love it. the box is so attractive there will be no need to wrap it.