4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

Perfect. Safe.

When we found out we were pregnant, I started looking at seats right away. From the reviews, crash-tests, and firefighter recommendations, it became pretty clear that we were going to shell out for the Britax. When the kiddo grew out of the infant seat at just over a year, we installed the Britax rear-facing. Some thoughts:

First off, the thing is huge. We drive an Xterra, so it isn't a problem, but we had to buy a Roundabout for grandma's car.

Rear facing and middle seat placement really takes away from visabilty, so we ended up putting him on the side. In the end, we felt it was safer to be able to see out of the back.

The cover is easily(ish) removed for washing and swapping. I ordered a zebra print of ebay-- it makes washing so much easier and it's a little fun to swap out the animals.

Kiddo loves it. He's comfortable, with plenty of room to grow.

Overall, there isn't anything I would ask to be changed. Sure, the price is a little high, but there is no price I can put on peace of mind and a child's safety.

Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat

It was time to get my son a bigger car seat. I read all the reviews talked to other moms and this car seat just seemed perfect for my little guy. So I bought tow of them one for my car and one for my husbands truck. The day the FedEx guy dropped them off was the worst day I have ever had with my son. My son loved going for rides in the car until I put him in this seat. I hooked the seat up in the car and put my son in to go the the store and as soon as I sat him down he started screaming. I checked him from head to toe checked the seat. My son was fine and nothing was in the seat so i tried again. He started screaming again but this time i just let him scream i thought maybe the ride to the store would calm him down but no he didn't stop screaming till i pulled him out of that seat. We tried this seat every day for a week with no change. So I sent back the seats and ordered another brand he loves that seat but for some reason my little guy hate the Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car seat.

Ease of Installation
As long as you read the instructions it very easy. Took me about 45 minutes to hook both of ours up.

My son hates this seat.

Good car seat for my one year old

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

I have been using the Britax Marathon car seat for my since my daughter turned seven months. The car seat is easy to install when reading the instructions and I was able to do it in about five minutes. My baby is very comfortable in it in my mid-sized SUV. When we wanted to put the Britax in my husband's Prius it would not fit in the middle of the back seat without my daughter's legs being scrunched up so we put it on the seat by the window. My daughter is secure in the seat. The only annoying part is adjusting the straps when necessary but I have yet to find a car seat where that isn't annoying!

Ease of Installation
As long as you read the instructions, it is easy to install. The pictures in the instructions are very helpful.

Child's Comfort
My daughter is very happy in the Britax Marathon. No crying, whining, or screaming when she is in it.

Support and Safety
The car seat is very stable in the back seat and my daughter is snug in the seat.

Straps are easy to snap in the buckle and it is relatively easy to get my baby out.

Best Carseats

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

I own two of these and I've had them for nearly 3 years. They are wonderful. My kids have traveled a lot in them. When my son was younger we drove 8 hours round trip every weekend to visit family and he always seemed comfortable. Since then, I bought another one for my daughter. We recently made a 2400 mile trip to visit family over the holidays and the kids rarely complained about the seats. As far as the price, thee are more expensive then the cheap ones, but they are very durable, you can't beat the safety and they are comfortable for the kids. In my mind, when you divide the cost out over the life expectancy, you can't find a better deal. Install is a breeze and I've had no problems moving them between cars. My only complaint is how hard they are to clean. I've dealt with occasional bouts of car sickness and it takes a while to get them clean. Other than that, I wouldn't put my kids in other brand of seat. I feel like they are safe and secure.

Great product; well worth the price.

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

This is a great carseat. It is narrow enough to fit into my small sedan. It allows for extended rear facing and has one of the higher limits for forward facing. The sides can be a little difficult to lift the baby over, especially with the tether that goes over the top. The no re-thread straps make adjusting so easy.

Absolutely the best!

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

I have had quite a few car seats with 3 children. Now that I am more established it was possible for me to be able to buy a Britax seat and I wish I had done it sooner. I love the look of the seat. The cover was so cute but practical for a baby. It was also so easy to get the cover off to clean. The best part of having this Britax seat was that I could take the cover off without having to take the whole seat out. I do not think installing any seat is easy but this one really is one of the easier seats that I have ever owned. It feels really secure without very much effort at all. My child looks really comfortable in this seat. My child is still rear facing and it allows plenty of room for his feet. The straps are easy to adjust and don't get twisted like other seats I have owned. Overall I wish that I would have owned Britax seats for all of my children. It would have made things easier on me. I would recommend this seat or any other Britax seat to anyone looking for a safe and comfortable seat for their child.

• Support and Safety:

The (Almost) Perfect Carseat!

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

We purchased the Britax Marathon 70 for our then-eighteen-month-old based on reviews we had read. He was just getting to the point he needed to be in a front-facing carseat, and we wanted to make sure we got a good, safe seat.

After 15 months of using this product, we can safely say that we are totally satisfied with it! It is comfortable for him, safe, and not too bulky. Furthermore, the seat cover breaks down fairly quickly for washing.

Furthermore, the materials used in this carseat are top-notch! We have been pleased with how sturdy it feels, and how well the fabric has held up to abuse and washings.

The only complaint I have is with the way the straps anchor into the seat. The metal end-piece that secures the seatbelt strap to the carseat is actually quite difficult to remove. After a few times of washing the seat, however, I have gotten rather used to this process, so it's not as bad.

All-in-all, given the opportunity, we would purchase this seat again.

very useful seat

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

We had two of these and loved them. Love the anti rebound feature with the tether on this seat. Very comfortable, my kids love them. The fabric is very soft and durable. It is vey easy to clean and put back together. Once the cover is off it wipes cleam with a rag for the most part.

• Support and Safety:

A great seat, but not long lasting for most children.

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

This seat is very easy to install. It's very comfortable but lacks leg room, not actually much of a problem but there are seats that offer more leg room. This isn't a good choice for extended rear facing tall children since the shell isn't very tall. The bottom cushion is nice and the seat isn't too heavy.

• Support and Safety:

Loved this car seat so much we bought a second one!

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

We originally bought this carseat in 2011 when our daughter was ready for it. We loved it so much that we bought a second one in 2012 for our son. The kids a very comfortable in it and it's super easy to buckle, unbuckle, and adjust. Over all we are very happy with these seats and would recommend them to others.

We love this carseat

from Rutherfordton, NC

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

I have two children that use the Britax Marathon carseat. We liked the one that my first child had so well that we choose to purchase one for my second child.

Ease of Installation
This carseat is pretty easy to install. Of course some effort is required to properly install any car seat, this one isn't too tough to install. I am okay with doing some installation work to make sure my children properly restrained.

Child's Comfort
The Britax Marathon seems to be a comfortable seat. My daughters sit in the seat comfortable and sometimes even fall asleep while I am driving

Support and Safety
I feel like this is a very safe seat.

The straps can be easily adjusted when a child is placed in the seat.

The design od of the seat itself is good. It would be really helpful if the seat came with a cup holder attached.

One of the Britax Marathon seat's we have is black. It has been in my car for about two and a half years and has a good bit of fading on the top (on the velvety part). The seat itself is very well-made.

A carseat I can trust!

Comments about Britax Marathon 70 Convertible Car Seat:

I am beyond happy with this carseat. The reason why we chose this seat was because of the rave reviews and the points in safety it got. We also got it on sale for a great price and we were very happy that we decided on this particular carseat. It is so easy to install! My daughters first carseat was extremely difficult to instal in the car. By the end I would be sweating and exhausted. This carseat is easy to install and does not wiggle around like some other seats do! I was also really happy to find that this carseat is easy to clean. My daughter often times eat and drinks in the car. We have had juice stains, cookie crumbles, and even unfortunately vomit! It is such a breeze to take the cover off and wash it. You can stick it right in the machine!

Ease of Installation
As I said before it is so nice and easy to install this carseat! It tightens easily and is fairly lightweight!

Child's Comfort
Obviously no child is totally comfortable being all strapped up in a carseat, however she has fallen a sleep in it before so it can't be too uncomfortable!