Other Water Filtrations:
Brita
Brita Contour Water Pitcher

Brita Contour Water Pitcher

Yummy water!

This filter is fantastic!  My tap water isn't too bad, but if it's not ice cold there is a slight chemical taste to it.  The filter in the pitcher completly eliminates it!  I am generally too cheap to buy bottled water, and I'm not a huge fan of tap water, so having this around definatly makes me drink more water than I would without it!  Overall, I love this!  My 7 year old also drinks lots more water as it is readily availble ice cold from the refridgerator.  We also fill up our own water bottle on long trip or outings.  Even when full, she is easily able to pour her own glass of water.  Sadly, she has not yet learned to refill it when empty, but I'm working on that!  There are only a few cons I see with this product.  One is that ocasionally it seems to take forever to fill.  I try to fill it each time I pour a glass, but my daughter will put it back empty at least a few times a week!  Another con is the filters can be pricey.  I have learned to buy a bunch when they are on sale and that really makes a difference!  Even with filters at full price, this is still less expensive than buying bottled water.  The final thing I do not like about this is that it is hard to remember to change the filter!  At one point there was a small sticky decal on it that let you change the date so you knew when to change it, but that was lost long ago!

Overall, none of these cons would prevent me from recommending this pitcher.  I love it!

By the time it finishes filtering you'd have drank all the water

I absolutely dislike this filter. It was brought for my family and the first time I filled it up it took like 5 minutes to filter through. I never seen anything take so long. It was like watching a pot boil. Me and my mom stood around it as if it was going to jump up and start running around our apartment. When we walked away from it and came back the water and finally filtered but I still had to add more water so that it would filter. Also I know it said that I would see those carbon filters (black dots) floating in the unfiltered water during the first couple of times but I have seen those black spots every time I have filled that pitcher up. I rinsed it first and everything but I still see those dots. I thought this would do better than the filter you put on the faucet but it takes TOO LONG! By the time it finishes filtering the first couple of cups you would have drank that and had to start over. I really recommend having a few emoty gallons around. As the water pitcher filter pour that water into an empty gallon jug and refill the water pitcher. This will take a while but if you want to have water this is what you will have to do. I have two empty jugs (1 water jug and 1 orange juice jug) along with my water pitcher. This keeps my family from running out of cold water. We drink the two jugs first and fill them with the cold water from the pitcher and refill the pitcher. If the water from the jugs is not cold the water from the pitcher is. It is all filtered and its all cold. I like that it filters the water but it is not big enough. If you have an active family this would not be a good choice not less you have more than one jug of water. If you are by yourself and don't drink that much water this is good for you. If you have the patience to wait for it to filter.

awesome pitcher - a must have

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

The Brita pitcher filtration system is a must have. It keeps your water very clean and much safer than regular tap water. The filters last for a long time and the convenient tracker on the top lets you know when the filter is good, almost ready, and ready to be changed. It holds a good amount of water so filling it up is limited to once or twice per day, depending on how much water you started with and how much you drink. I would not recommend this for pets though because the filters start to get too expensive. The only annoying thing about it is you cannot pour water out while there is water left to be filtered because the unfiltered water will also pour out. It takes awhile to filter after you have been using it awhile, but if you keep up with refilling the pitcher, that is not a problem. I also like that it comes in different colors so you can have more than one or personalized themes.

clean

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

Brita Contour Water Pitcher is amazing! This water filter is so great at filtering tap water. I live in an apartment that does not have a refrigerator with a built in water filter so I use this Brita Contour Water Pitcher. All of the people who live in my building have this water pitcher. I do not have any problems with this water pitcher so long as I remember to change the water filter as directed by the instruction manual. If I did not have this Brita Contour Water Pitcher I would be spending so much money on water bottles just so I could have clean water to drink. I actually have this Brita Contour Water Pitcher in purple because it is offered in more colors than just the plain white water pitcher. This Brita Contour Water Pitcher will not break the bank because it is super affordable and definitely worth investing in and I would definitely recommend this water pitcher to any of my friends.

protects appliances

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

When we moved to a new home, we discovered that the water here is very hard. Many of our small appliances (coffee maker, ice tea maker etc) were soon clogged and had to be replaced. The salesman suggested we get a Brita water filter and it works great. We've used ours for over a year and have had no trouble either with it or with the appliances we use on a daily basis. Drinking water tastes much better after being run through the filter. The pitcher is small enough to fit easily into the fridge and the filter is very easy to replace. It's much cheaper than bottled water (and no plastic bottles to throw away or recycle). It's also easier to carry the pitcher around than a big jug of water. Much cheaper than a water filtration system. It's very easy to use, simply run tap water into the top and let it sit on the counter or fridge as it drains. It also cleans very easy, soap and hot water does the job.

My most recent Brita!

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

This contour version of the Brita is my most recent purchase from them. There is a reason I keep coming back to this product line, it is quality. My water looks and tastes crisper coming out of the filter. My only hassle with this version of the product is the relatively small amount of water it can store, but still great!

Wonderful way to drink water.

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

The BRita water bottle helped me because I use it in my college dorm room. Huge cases of water bottles can be expensive and annoying to buy more and more of. But with the Brita water pitcher, I can get water from the water fountain in my residence hall and drink it.

Serves it's purpose

from Nederland, TX

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

We don't have a water dispenser on our fridge so we use this pitcher to save money on bottled water. It's very simple to use and very effective. My young son even refills it. The filter refills are affordable and you an often catch them on sale. All in all it's more economically sound!

great tasting water and great for the environment

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

I bought this recently because I got tired of lugging all the bottles of water home from the store.  I live in an area with well water and it smells and tastes horrible.  Most of the time it has a nasty sulfur rotten egg taste and smell and you have to soften the water with salt and treat the tank with bleach every month.  All those chemicals sometimes kill the smell but I still wondered how healthy the water that was coming from the tap could be.  I always purchased bottled water for drinking but lately all the stories about the dangerous plastic in those bottles and the thought of all that plastic in the landfills really turned me off.  And the idea of all the oil wasted producing that plastic and transporting the water was really bothering me.

I decided to try the Brita Pitcher System and it works great.  Even on the days when the tap water smells the worst, running it through the pitcher gives very acceptable tasting water. It's at least as good as most of the cheaper stuff you can buy in the stores.  I now save my bottles and fill them up several times from the pitcher.  I have been able to stop buying bottled water almost entirely.

Use it EVERYDAY

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

We got this pitcher as a gift and we've been using it now for over 2 years everyday. It's the same pitcher and has withstood the wear/tear of everyday use. astill it looks and works like when we first got it. It's a great size and fits nicely in our fridge. The sides stay clear (unlike some pitchers that yellow) and the top is solid. I diid notice mentioned black granules in the filter are, but have never seen them in the large area at th bottom where the filtered-water goes that you drink. The water tastes great too which is a plus, drink it with meals and when working out. bascially any time of day, saves big money in terms of purchasing bottled water. the filters last approx 3-4 weeks and you will see that as they age  you may have to wait a while to fill it. The top part that holds water that is passing through the Brita filter is smaller than the part that holds filtered water, so it takes about two to three fills of the top part to fill the filtered part. The filtering is also a little slow, but not a problem.

Brita pitchers are a must have when using Brita filters!

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Brita Contour Water Pitcher:

Brita pitchers are a need when using the brita filtration system! We have used the smaller 8 cup and now have a 10 cup. I preferred the 8 cup for quality but the size of the 10 cup pitcher. The smaller seemed to be built a little better and sturdy overall. After almost three years of use, we figured it was time to move onto something larger! The 10 cup has a setting on top that lets you know when to change the filter, which I think is supurb! Sometimes you lose track of when the filter is due to be changed as their recommended time is 2 months. The lid on the 10 cup is what I'm not fond of though, it's a bit flimsy in my opinion, and doesn't fit properly. Of course this doesn't affect the function of the pitcher itself but can be a bit of an annoyance. Overall I'm very satisfied with our two Brita pitchers and the Brita filtration system, especially living in an apartment when we are unable to install a filtration system, this works well, not to mention, we're always ensured a cold glass of water!

Yummy water!