Other Grills:

Brinkmann Cimarron 855-6306-6 Charcoal All-in-One Grill / Smoker

Love to grill out

from Perry, FL

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
  • Durable
  • Easy Assembly

• For Self/Couple
    • Great Searing
    • Large Gatherings
    • Small Gatherings

Comments about Brinkmann Cimarron 855-6306-6 Charcoal All-in-One Grill / Smoker:

Love this grill made tough cooks evenly big enough for a get together we have had ours for 6 years now and still in good shape and cooks like it did when we first got it. Easy to clean burnt carcoil out with a hose all around has been worth the money so glad we had got it.

• I Am A:
    • Family Older Kids

Iwana like this moreeee

from Love

I wanna like this more than one

Comes with an aftermarket thermometer!

from India

Pros

• Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Works Efficiently

• For Self/Couple
      • Large Gatherings
      • Small Gatherings

It is really an awesome grill,. the firebox can even double as small grill for burgers and steaks. You can easily manage the temperature of the grill. If you love cooking at the backyards, then you should definitely check this out.
      It is so powerful that a beginner can cook like a seasoned cook without much effort.
      Versatile
      It is extremely versatile and you can even use the firebox as a small grill for making burgers and steaks.
      Quite convenient to use. It has also a place for aftermarket thermometer to manage the temperature.
      The side door of the firebox swings open for easy cleaning of the grill.
      I have this grill for few years now and it is still cooking like as if I bought it yesterday. It should last for at couple more years I think.

Great bang for the buck!

I have had this grill for about 6 months now and so far I could not be more satisfied. I have had other grills with the same set up.The set up is easy but it takes sometime to put it together (Reason why I give it a 9 and not a 10. Below I will talk about some factors that influenced the rating that I gave this grill.

First the performance on this grill so far has been amazing. I live in a small college town so once Saturday tailgating comes around, everyone meets at my house where we prepare to tailgate for the WSU cougars. So far, it has handled quite a bit of meat.

Second, the set up was easy but required quite a bit of work. This was the only downside but it is not a huge deal if you have sometime off on the weekend to put it together.

So far I have had no problems with this grill and has held it self together for about 6 months now.

The design is slick. The color and product goes great.

• Versatility:

Great smoker for a beginner

It hold heat very well and has plenty of cooking space. I have really enjoyed smoking and grilling with it

It holds heat very well.

The grates are very easy to clean

Very strong and durable. Everything about it is steel but u need to buy the cover that goes with it

Made very well and very well thought out

• Versatility:

This product did not turn out to be what I needed.

I bought it some five months ago and it has NOT worked to my expectations. The problem arises when the meat goes on the grill; the charcoal constantly flares up even with the lid closed, and your meat burn or gets very well cooked. I saw that when the lid is closed, the sides overlap leaving openings on each...that is what causes the constant flare ups. I am going to put it on alley so someone can take it.

Can't keep the charcoal from flaring up, even with the lid closed. Your meats burn. One of my neighbors borrowed the product and used it to barbecue some meats. They did bring us a plate after they were through barbecuing, and the meat was so dark, more like burnt. They did comment that they like the way I barbecue, with other barbecue grills.

Versatility
      It is not versatile at all; when I bought it I thought I would be able to smoke my meats with it; no way the close the lid and the charcoal turns to fire. You can't smoke or grill with it. Also, the bottom grill fell off and I did not bother putting it back.

there's no ease when you have to constantly hold a beer or glass of water to kill the fire..I am not used to, or never had to barbecue in that manner. I always like to have a good heat from the charcoal and not a constant fire. You see chicken is one of main specialties, and you have to slow cook it to get the best flavor without burning it.

I can say that much, yes it is easy to clean; it has a pull-out tray to remove the ashes. The grills can be easily clean before and after barbecuing.

I still have it but it has only been five months and I do plan to get rid it.

It is a very good design, but it just does not properly function as a grill and or smokey. That 's the main reason I bought it when I saw it, it did not turn out to be what I expected. I have a certain amount of charcoal I use when I barbecue, but with this brinkmann I have not been able to use the right amount of charcoal. At first I thought I had placed too much charcoal in the pit. I put less charcoal several times, and it still flared up.

• Versatility:

Smoker and Grill all in one package.

I am an avid charcoal grill and smoker user and was excited to unbox and use this good looking grill. Assembling the grill was easy and it was very sturdy and stable. Using it was a breeze, clean-up was easy, but longevity is my key concern, which contributed to my poor review. I can normally get five to eight years out of a grill, with my last Brinkman going for six years strong. Sadly this latest one did not even get to three years. I had to replace the smoker box (total rusted out) after two years and now the grill itself has began to rust and it is about ready to be replaced. I cover and clean my grill with each use and maintain rust as it appears to lengthen it's life. This last Brinkman grill, did not live up to my expectations, and my hope is it was just a dud and future Brinkman grills will be fine. I truly like the brand and will certainly give them another try.

Works great, until rust took over after a short time.

Less than 3 years

Great when it was working - large smoke / grill area, ease of smoke box use.

If you prep it and clean it after each use, cleanup is a breeze

Less than three years with coverage and rust control efforts

Great looking and well designed.

• Versatility:

An awesome grill for both charcoal and wood smoking.

This is the best grill I've ever owned. The firebox can double as a small grill for steaks and burgers. It is incredible easy to control the temperature, with baffles on both the firebox and smoke stack. Would totally recommend for the serious backyard cook.

Can make a beginner look like a seasoned cook.

Versatility
      The firebox can double as a small grill for steaks and burgers.

Easy to control the temperature. There is also a place for an aftermarket thermometer

The door on the side of the firebox swings open for easy cleaning.

I've owned a brinkman professional for 18 years and it's still cooking.

Have to see it to appreciate how well it works.

• Versatility:

The best Charcoal Grill/Smoker ever made, hands down!

from Cleveland, OH

I bought this grill/smoker in May of 1993, It is still as good as it was when i bought it. The only thing I have had to do was replace the wood pieces on the handle due to them finally rotting, which was due to the harsh winters in northeast Ohio. I did repaint a couple of spots over the years, but not due to rust, it was due to scratches I had put on it from loading and unloading it when I would take it to parties.

Extremely well made. The ability to cook with indirect heat is a big plus and you can use soaked wood chunks which allows you to put a heavier smoke to your meat if you like,

Versatility
      You can cook with indirect heat or put charcoal in the main cooker and cook directly over the charcoal for foods that don't require a slow cook.

Very easy to use. The direction book also give you a few nice recipes.

I have found that if you do a day of heavy cooking that spraying oven cleaner on the smoker, let it sit then tip it toward the firebox then spray it down with a hose works great, then wash it off with some dish soap, rinse and ready to go again. The racks are very easy to clean. Just spray them with something like Pam for grilling before you start cooking and it makes clean up a breeze.

Mine is 19 years old and still going strong. What more can I say!

The design makes cooking and clean up very easy.