2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

We live in a Brighthouse

We live in a Brighthouse home.  I used to use Verizon for my television and internet.  Whenever I had a problem, I would call them, and they were not helpful.  They would eventually fix the problem, but their customer service people were always snobbish to me.

We switched to Brighthouse and even got a better price.  We have their digital cable, with a dvr and their second tier high speed internet.  I went into their office, they gave me an unbelievable package deal and included HBO and Showtime.  Over the years whenever we had any problems, they fixed them, and fixed them fast.  Their customer service is excellent and are there to please.  If they make a mistake, they fix it immediatly.

Recently, Brighthouse has added a bunch of HD channels.  More than I could ever have imagined.  We now get tfc (the philipino channel for thirty dollars less per month than it was through the philipino store).  My being from the Philippines is thrilled to watch her favorite shows.

There are only two things I don't like with Brighthouse.  They do not have the NFL channel and the new set-up (advancement) is still confusing to me.  I'm sure I will ask them about it and they will explain it to me.  To me, Brighthouse is the best cable company I have ever dealt with.

Typical cable; too pricey for what you get

Brighthouse is average for us.. They are expensive, and they don't offer quality.

"Home of free HD"....are you kidding? It's not free, you...Read complete review

"Home of free HD"....are you kidding? It's not free, you have to pay for the box that allows you to see the HD channels. If HD is free to everyone, why are there non HD channels even there. What a waste of space on the guide. And why do we pay extra $ for the HD box?

IMO, cable is awful overall really. It's a scam. We pay alot of money every month and we're still watching Golden Girls & Titanic. Why does it take cable companies so long to get some updated shows and movies.

And don't waste even more money on HBO, Showtime etc....I wouldn't. They show the same couple movies over and over. What a rip off.

Conclusion..............There needs to be a cable company come along that allows you to choose the channels you want and pay only for them.

I pay $112 a month for basic cable and basic internet. Basic....no frills, slow, old....basic.

UPDATE: I no longer have BH cable, I have since switched to one of the dish companies.

Customer Service
Haven't dealt too much with customer service.
But in my mind, good customer service would include having more affordable desirable plans.

Reliability
Cable is reliable for the most part, not often does it go out. Only occasionally.

Content Variety/Availability
If you just get the basic cable plan, you really get the basics.
They say you get like 200 channels or something in the basic plan but most of them are stations that less than 1% of the population watch.
Why on earth does my guide show me 2000 channels when I can only get 200 on my plan and on top of that...I don't watch sports and hate having to scroll thru the 100 sports channels to get to some choices on the guide that might be of interest to me. My guide should show me the channels I can get.
The current guide shows you everything offered thru BH, so you have to scroll thru many, many channels (you don't get) to see your entire guide.

The guide is also very slow, it lags for some reason.

Great Cable Provider

from Winter Haven, FL

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

I love Bright House! They were extremely helpful when I asked questions about product and what I needed for my home. They came out quickly and on time with no delays. The technician was very efficient and hooked up everything I needed. I really like the service they give!

good

from casablanca

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

I really like verizon but i don't like the updated version. There is a ton of variability and options to choose from, tons of channels, a bunch of HD channels, and plenty of free things to watch. The only problem with the network is sometimes it buffers really bad or it will just randomly go offline. It also automatically resets itself which i can not stand. you can be in the middle of watching something and it will reset. I am not pleased with the customer service, i feel like they try to take advantage of people who don't understand the network that much, like elders. The problem is usually never fixed the first time you contact them. I have also had numerous experience issues with them charging me wrongly, or me purchasing something and then not even recieving the channels or movies that i had ordered. The reliability of the network is questionable, it has good and bad days, so honestly you never really know how the network is going to work.

I love Brighthouse!

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

I have had Bright house for the past ten years, and recently had to move. Unfortunately, my new house is not zoned for bright house and I wish it was! They are best company and provide the best service. I truly cannot wait for my community to get larger so bright house will come and service me again. They are a great service to have and they have a lot to offer.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Was the only option at the time.

from Florida

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

For three years I lived in an area of Florida where Bright house was the only option for internet and cable. When I first signed up for there services I signed up for cable and internet, but soon after decided that it wasn't worth it to keep The cable when I could watch pretty much anything I wanted to online. So for about a year after that I just paid for internet. I didn't have a whole lot of issues or complaints other than it was slightly more expensive than I would have liked to pay.

A little less than two years into getting service from them they offered a special to save money by bundling phone and internet. I figured that if it was going to be cheaper to have both services than just to have internet, than why not.

I did notice after switching to having phone and internet - my internet slowed down. WiFi appeared to be slower. I don't know if they as a whole slowed there internet down or if having phone added caused the slowing to happen.

In the end I left Bright house after three years because they were once again raising prices.

• Content Variety/Availability:

my cable and phone is always going out with brighthouse

from Inverness, FL

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

I really am not very happy with Bright House. We've had them for 10 years and their service keeps getting worse. We live in a small town and Bright House is the only provider for high speed internet, so we have them for internet, digital cable and phone. The phone and cable are constantly going out and even resetting the box usually doesn't fix the issue. I like to watch the on demand channel to catchup on my favorite shows and there is usually an error and they won't play. It also only has a few episodes of a season and they are usually out of order. I believe we pay around $130.00 and I know that if there was just a little more competition, we could get the price down, but they have the monopoly. Also don't ever be late paying your bill or they will come to your house and ask for money, which I find strange. They stopped sending me paper invoices and I guess were trying to call me, but I didn't know since my phone was down again so they showed up at my house asking for money while I had company. It was very embarrassing.

Content Variety/Availability
on demand is awful, hardly ever works

• Content Variety/Availability:

Constant problems with service coupled horrible customer care.

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

Constant problems with signals, I have had probably 8 cable boxes so far. On demand rarely works. Signal interruptions in the evening. Tech service failed to show up twice for confirmed appointments. It is one bad thing after another and they don't seem to have the technical clout to do anything about it or the customer service that gives a whit.

Brighthouse is Terrible. About 10 Years Behind AT&T and Comcast

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

We recently moved into an area where Brighthouse holds an exclusivity. I am guessing that is their business plan, buy exclusivity, because in a competitive market, no one would pick them over AT&T or Comcast.

First, their technology is the same set top boxes that I had with RCN in Chicago about 10 years ago. One can only record/watch 2 shows if you have the whole house DVR. I could record/watch 4 shows on AT&T about 4 years ago.

Second, their wireless internet is very spotty and if you plan on streaming any movies from Netflix, forget about it. The wireless signal is interrupted too often and you'll end up watching the buffering logo the whole time. Brighthouse solution: hardwire everything. Again, reliable wireless has been offered by AT&T for at least 5 years that I am aware of.

Finally, and the kicker, I am paying more for Brighthouse with the terrible service mentioned above and getting less than I did 2 months ago when I could get AT&T. AT&T even was giving me all of the premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. for LESS than what I pay for Brighthouse standard package (no premium channels).

I am working with my HOA now to get more options than just Brighthouse. Consumers deserve better today.

On the bright side, their customer service is good. However, in talking with 5 +/- Brighthouse reps now, none of them Brighthouse service at home. They all had Comcast or AT&T. Funny how their own people don't want their service.

• Content Variety/Availability:

Four Months and still no resolution to problems.....

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

Brighthouse Networks is a sorry excuse for a company....After 4 months the problem has still not been resolved. They have scheduled a minimum of 10 appointments and pulled a no show on 7 of these occasions. They are a disgusting excuse for a company with deplorable customer service and extremely mediocre service.

Over 50 documented calls to "supervisor" level employees has resulted in no resolution. All they are scheduled to do is install a new drop, upgrade the modem and dvr.......You would not think this this would be a big deal but for brighthouse it appears to be a monumental task. We have conduit under the driveway yet they can not even handle that.

ANY other company would be better than brighthouse. They are a sorry excuse for a company with extremely poor customer service. The technicians that have shown up are all polite except one, but can not do their work until the prior scheduled work is completed. It is a jumbled mess of scheduling and mismanagement.

They should be closed down......

Customer Service
See notes above...absolutely deplorable.....

Reliability
Consistently do not show up for appointments and if they do they are at a minimum of 2-4 hours late.....

Monopoly

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

I've had Bright House for the past 7 years and overall their cable service is great but they are way to overpriced. In addition, coincidentally recently the internet speed runs at a much slower speed and at times we get no signal at all (never happen before). Perhaps it's another gimmick to promote their new Echo product. When I bought my new house last years I was excited to move to another area with hopes that I finally can retire the overpriced Bright House service and come to find out I am stuck with them again because they pretty much dictate pretty much majority of area's in Orlando. However, my prayers might have been heard and it looks like I will be able to finally get another provider in my area (keeping my fingers crossed).

Customer Service
In general, I am satisfied with the Customer Service at Bright House except for several incidence in regards to my monthly bill. I own my own modem / router and when Bright House came to install their cable box and internet the tech marked on the installation paper that customer own their own modem. Bright house had the guts to charge me 4 month in a row for a monthly modem fee so for several month I had to call for them to correct the bill. Then it stopped for a while and now they are charging me again for a modem fee. Seriously, do you think people don't look at their monthly bill?

Reliability
Always been good except for recently the cable box shows a different time, program guide is not available and the internet keeps going out.

Content Variety/Availability
They are available alright..... like a monopoly company is.

Moved Out Of Zone

Comments about Bright House Networks Digital TV:

After a year of having service, I did enjoy my over priced cable, internet and phone ( no one ever called). Had some small connection, billing and product problems that were handled OK, and fast. Yes I would use them again and give a 7 if they were in my Zone Area.

Customer Service
Customer Service people did help with my concerns. I love that I was not transferred around like my current company.

Reliability
They were pretty Reliable for the high pricing. I got a few credits for service not working, due to connection.

Content Variety/Availability
Sadly not Available in my current area. They do have some better pricing for the products they offer.