3.8

Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire

3.8

Pretty Decent

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

These tires were installed on our Yukon a year and a half ago. We recently sold it, but the tires were still looking pretty decent and ended up being something the purchaser liked about the purchase of the 1997 vehicle. The installers mentioned that having these tires might affect my speedometer, but it didn't really bother me that these were not standard for our vehicle because they worked well for what I used the vehicle for. I used these in winter driving the most because our gas guzzler wasn't really needed much in the warm weather. They had good traction and they also had a nice quality look to them. I do not have any complaints about these but upon getting new tires with our next vehicle, I can see that these are not quite as wonderful as our current ones. This "Truck" tire worked well on our SUV and also provided truck-driving-condition benefits. Sometimes we drive on country roads and long snowy drives and these rose to the occasion. They handle pot holes, and offer sufficient traction in icy or slick conditions. They seem to "grip" the road pretty well in dry conditions and even in less desirable conditions. We took a few small road trips with these tires and were satisfied with their abilities. We got these tires after being involved in a 22 car highway pile up. Our former tires did not handle the situation as well as these would have. Sometimes being in the middle of something like that isn't avoidable, but with tires more like this we may have fared better. Better tools for the job can lead to better results.

Quality Tire, Great Performance at a Reasonable Price

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

We purchased Bridgestone Dueler tires for a Ford Explorer that is used off road and on road. During the purchase these tires were highly recommended by the tire guy and I bought them at a great price. That was a little over a year ago and 20,000 miles later and these tires are still holding great. We drive a lot off road in areas a normal car can't get to and I have never gotten stuck even in the snow or mud. They ride good on rocks and dirt back roads and I've never not felt safe. Driving on road in rain, snow, or sunshine has never been an issue. Bridge stone Dueler Tires ride smooth and are a great buy for a small SUV or truck. They look tough and rugged on my Explorer so it gives it an edge. If you are looking for a name brand tire at a low price I'd highly recommend checking into these tires. I'm one that maintains the life of a tire by rotating them so this will help them last longer.

The best tires for my Blazer I have ever had

from Cresco, PA

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

I was introduced to Bridgestone tires by Craig at Hudson Tire, Hackensack, NJ,  I believe he told me that I get more mileage on them then they are rated for.  I do a lot of highway traveling which can be the reason for the high mileage.  If I get another vehicle I will use these tires again.  I would recommend them to any one that I know that had a SUV..

Great tires just as I expected

from Hickory, NC

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

I purchased the Bridgestone  tires when I had to much wear on the other tires. I had not had the Cooper tires less than a year before the wire started coming through the tire and fiber showing. I decided to purchase the Bridgestone tires because I had them highly recommemded. They are a really great looking tire and I have had nothing but great results. The Brigdgstone tires are the best tire for me.

I find these tires to be the same as the Firestones.

from Hutchinson, KS

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

I was closely involved in the Firestone replacement program in the late-late 1990s. The Bridgestone company acquired the Firestone line, as their dillema worsened.My personal experience is based on the factory tires on my Vulcan 2000cc Motorcycle. The tires tend to wear rapidly with the crown of the road. I am at 3,300 miles, and will have to be replaced in the Spring. not a good return on the price.

Reliable, Strong, Durable and Quiet

from Needham Heights, MA

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

I own a 2005 Nissan Frontier and have driven 20,000 miles on the Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's with no regrets. When I first got this truck, it came with General Grabber AW and they were loud and slippery. My first winter with the Generals, I slid into a snow bank and needed to weigh the truck down with 400lbs of sand. My life changed when I decided to invest in these tires, my truck drives and rides better than it first came off the showroom floor. It is quieter and I get better gas milage on the highway. I can take my truck off-road into New Hampshire and Vermont, I no longer need extra weight when it snows. I also rarely need to use my 4-wheel drive because of the grip these tires provide. I am giving a rating of 5 stars because these tires do exactly what I expected. I am mostly a highway driver with weekend off-road trips. Living in New England and the four seasons we have, these tires have been extremely versatile. Obviously there are other great tires out there for mainly highway use or mainly off-road, rock climbing or mud tires, but this review isn't for them.

Don't Buy

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

The Bridgestone Dueler , specifically the LT245 75R 16 E, is the most overrated tire on the market today.  it is rated at 50,000 miles my last set used for normal driving conditions were pushed to the tread limits to get 30,000 miles.

The China factor stricts again.

JR

Bridgestone Dueler, a quality tire with a budget price

from Lake Stevens, WA

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

I had purchased an 04 avalanche a year ago and it came with some used Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires on them. During our winter I had to travel to Portland and it was quite a eventful trip because of the snow. I was worried about the tires but they handled it well. I have owned BFG's and Toyo M/T tires but when it comes to ride comfort and gas efficiency, you can't beat being practical. If you don't 4x4 or offroad your vehicle, perhaps this is the way to go. Hope this helps.

Decent tires if you can buy them for less than 100.00/each

from North East, MD

Comments about Bridgestone Dueler Light Truck Tire:

These tires were OEM on my 2005 Saturn Vue AWD V6. The handled pretty well and lasted a little over 40,000 miles. The ride was good, not Michelin good, but decent. I am not a big fan of Bridgestone/Firestone tires, but these were at least a little better than average.