3.8
Immersion Blenders
Breville
BCS500XL
Breville 9.6 Volt Cordless Immersion Blender with Recharging Base

Summary

Breville's cordless stick mixer has 9.6 volts. This unit has a patented loop attachment for smoothies or protein shakes. It has a stainless steel blender attachment.

Breville 9.6 Volt Cordless Immersion Blender with Recharging Base

3.8

Nice product

A heck of a deal. Powerful. One negative is related to its power--it needs a lower speed option. I was used to my Cuisinart. When I first fired this puppy up, a huge mess was made as its powerful force shot half my smoothie out of the beaker. Figured out how to use it since then and love it. The other possible negative is related to the way the connecting part of the whisk and blender attachments are made. I connect them very carefully because they seem a bit flimsy and prone to failure. But, this is just speculation at this point. Anyway, you can buy three of these blenders for the price one of most other brands. Recommended.but in the end that was very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good product
Thanks.

Not the best

This handheld blender is unique, yes, but efficient, no. The blending power isn't very strong. When I think blenders, I think smoothies, or juices. This thing couldn't make a smoothie to save it's life. I don't think cordless blenders are a good idea because it doesn't get the power it needs to actually blend things. I probably won't be using this again, bad definitely won't be recommending this. I haven't tried juicing in it yet though, it might be good for that but you need to add ice to juice, and I don't think this will crush it any better than it did before. If you were to make a juice without ice I'm sure this could do it, well, hopefully.

Blending Power
Can't blend anything frozen.

Versatility
It is unique, I can give it that.

Not dishwasher safe, hard to clean without worrying you'll fry the battery.

Press a button and go, if it worked this wouldn't be too bad.

Pretty cool design to it anyhow.

Never worked for me.

Nice product

from Sweden

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Stable

Cons

• Complicated Controls
  • Not Powerful

Comments about Breville 9.6 Volt Cordless Immersion Blender with Recharging Base:

Thanks.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Super fun blending!

from India

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

• Large Kitchen
      • Small Kitchen

If you love making different type of soups, then you should definitely check this blender. It is super easy and make soups in no time. You will not be disappointed if you decide to buy this blender.
      Blending Power
      It is extremely powerful and makes delicious soups and other beverages almost immediately.
      Versatile
      It is extremely versatile and can make various desserts, soups, etc within minutes.
      Just plug in the blender and blend the items. Your food will ready in not time.
      Cleaning this blender is super fun. Just rinse the dishes and you are done.
      Till now, it has uphold the standards it has set for itself. It is quite durable even though it does not look like that.
      It looks quite modern in design and fits to any kitchen.

Disappointing product but great customer service

I bought this product for my husband years ago. He makes great soups and sauces, but pouring hot liquid into a blender was such a pain. We were really excited about a cordless option for our small kitchen. We set up the charging base inside a cabinet, and the product worked really well at first. Not long after buying it, I found the blender would shut off after a second or two. I doubled checked the outlet and make sure I reset the blender securely in the charging base but it didn't help. I realized it wasn't me, it was the product. After a few years of gathering dust, I called Breville & they exchanged the product for a corded version.

Blending Power
      Zero blending power since it wouldn't run more than a second or two.

Super easy to clean. I just twisted off the base and rinsed the blade end.

Clearly not durable - this item does not represent Breville well. It stopped working properly within a month of purchase.

Cordless Immersion Blender

Handheld immersion blender. It is a wonderful addition to any kitchen. Ease of use for soups, protein shakes and smoothies.

Blending Power
      Powerful enough to use in a variety of ways.

Versatility
      Cordless feature makes it easy to use. Immersion feature helps to you to decide the consistency of your soups. Can be used to make a variety of drinks, shakes, smoothies and soups.

NOT SO GREAT

Received this blender as a wedding gift which I registered for. It worked fine for 5 months under occasional use to make smoothies & puddings. Unfortunately, the push button started giving out. it would work for about 1/2 second then stop. I returned it and got a replacement. The replacement also had the same problem after about a year. The battery also would not stay charged after about four and 1/2 months. I took the blender to Batteries Plus to have them replace the battery pack. It was very difficult to replace the battery, according to the technician and he recommended buying a different product. I did utilize an extended warranty to get my money back. I would not recommend this blender because it is not durable and it does not last. I would recommend buying one with a cord instead, and from another Brand. I am disappointed that Breville is no longer making quality products.

Great product

from Milwaukee

I got this blender as a gift. I love it. It gets lots of use in my house. I like the idea that it does not need an outlet to use it. Well the charger base plugs in. I have that sitting on a counter. So when I'm done I can just put it back on the charging base. I can take it right to where I am cooking. Do what I got to do. It is very nice that it has 2 motor speeds. I like the blender blade part separates from the motor part. For easy cleaning. The color is black and silver. Matches all the other kitchen appliances in my kitchen. Does a great job at blending or pureeing many different food items. Although never tried it with something that has ice cubes in it. But does make a good shake or fruit smoothie.

Blending Power
      This blender has enough power for all my cooking needs.

Versatility
      Can blend many different things

Like the way the blade separates from the motor part. Makes easy for cleaning.

Very easy to use.

Nice design

So far have no problems with it. Seems very durable.

Not the best

Blending Power
      Can't blend anything frozen.

Versatility
      It is unique, I can give it that.

Not dishwasher safe, hard to clean without worrying you'll fry the battery.

Press a button and go, if it worked this wouldn't be too bad.

Pretty cool design to it anyhow.

Never worked for me.

• Versatility:

A solid, no-compromises twist on the classic blender

With all things considered, the Breville 9.6 Volt Cordless Immersion Blender with Recharging Base BCS500XL is not universally the best blender on the block - but with an innovative and new design, it is also not trying to be. Instead it wants to change how you use your blender, and by providing a solid base experience this device does a good job at what you would buy it to do. It approaches all angles good enough for this to be one of the better blenders you can buy. The device itself is clean and smooth, and easy to figure out how to use; despite the new philosophy, the learner's curve is not very steep. You do need to supply your own bowl though, which depending on the viewpoint could be a plus or a minus. This device considers bowls to be something you would cook in anyways, and only transfer the materials to the blender bowl to blend them, so this device removes the additional step. The device provides something new from an old company, one that you know you can trust on making only the best of the best in this product field.

Would not recomend.

This hand blender had very little power. My husband and I were making the kids their breakfast smoothies, and it was very difficult to blend even the easiest ingredients, let alone the bananas! Although it has little power, it is very compact and versatile, if you're looking to complete a simple job.

Breville Cordless Immersion Blender

from Fresno, CA

This is an easy and comfortable hand blender to hold. It is light weight and blends effortlessly. It is very efficient and gets the job done in merely seconds.

Blending Power
      Blends quickly and easily.

Versatility
      You can take it anyway and use it to blend dips to shakes.

Not difficult.

Super easy a monkey could use it.

Attractive and light weight.

Made well.