Other Bread Machines:

Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine

Pros

Cons

• Stability While in Use:

Breadman TR520 Bread Machine is awesome.

I have been wanting a bread machine for a long time now and decided to finally bite the bullet and buy myself one. I chose the Breadman TR520 bread machine because my friend had one and it was also on sale. It is a great machine. So far I hve made two loafs of white bread in the machine. They came out nice and brown. I have also made cinnamon rolls, pizza dough and bread bowls. I have use the bread machine more for doughs that for cooking breads but the doughs are very easy to make. After you put your ingredients into the machine and put the setting on the dough cycle you press start and you don't have to do anything else until it beeps. The dough needs to rise after you shape it into pasta bowls or cinnamon rolls but they rise very quickly. They also rise nice and high. The pasta bowls are so very good. I am going to make a cream cheese bread in the morning from a recipe that my friend gave me.

A just ok little bread maker at a good price.

I had been thinking about buying a breadmaker for a while. Who doesn't love fresh homemade bread, right? But I wasn't sure if I would really get into it and I didn't want to spend a lot of money to find out. This Breadman TR520 seemed a good model for me to check out this bread making adventure.
We are a family of four and we like our bread. We go through at least two loaves a week. I was excited to try my hand at making our own bread and the thought that somewhere down the line this could save us money. The idea of knowing exactly what we were eating was appealing, too.

Stability While in Use
The machine does vibrate and needs to be on a level surface.The machine is light and the dough balls bang around in it sometimes causing it to "walk" on the counter

The Breadman TR520 is pretty compact and although it certainly takes up counter space, it is not a monster like some of the other larger bread machines. The Breadman makes one, one and a half and two pound loaves. The design of the unit is a little off as far as the displays. The background is yellow with white writing. Not the best choice for easy reading. Knowing nothing about breadmaking, I read the manual from cover to cover before attempting to use it.The manual was very thorough and helpful, including tips for making the perfect loaf. The machine counts down so you see how much more time your bread has and there is a window on the top. The Breadman makesa little chime noise at a certain point to let you know when to add fruit or nuts or so you can check your dough ball to make sure it is the right consistency I usually miss it!

The Breadman TR520 is easy to use and by following the directions EXACTLY, easy to get good results. I have made about 20 loaves so far and almost all of them have been near perfect in everyway. I can't give this more than an average rating. .

This thing is so loud! The panel is not that easy to read. The paddle in mine is stuck in the machine and it is supposed to come out for easy cleaning. But it does make a good loaf of bread and it was cheap so despite its design flaws it works for me.

I Love Homemade Bread!

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

This bread machine works great! I make homemade bread every week. My favorite breads to make are wheat bread, white bread, cinnamon bread and sour dough bread. Since using this bread machine, I haven't had a loaf of bread turn out bad.

The options and control settings are simple and straightforward which makes it easy to get use to operating the bread machine. The price of this bread machine is a bargain. I am very glad I purchased this machine. It only takes one hour or so to have a fresh loaf of bread on your dinner table.

The manual that comes with this bread machine has some excellent recipes. If you are new to making homemade bread start with the manual to get recipes and tips. The bread machine itself is very quiet when in use and it doesn't take up a lot of room on my kitchen counter.

This bread machine is very easy to clean so you don't have to worry if the cleaning process will be a hassle. I really like this bread machine. I highly recommend this bread machine. In my opinion its worth every penny.

this is a good machine.

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

i like this machine for the simple fact that it gives me bread with little effort as most breadmakers do. I had a 1 lb. machine and was sad that i couldn't make bigger loaves when i had family over. I invested in this Breadman TR520 and am very glad that i did. It can make one, one and a half, and two pound loaves which is awesome! I haven't had any real problems with this machine. It makes yummy bread, but is quite load in the process.I have owned many, many machines, and this one is louder than alot of others i have owned. I really hate the yellow panel on the front..but that's simply a cosmetic preference. if you are looking for a breadmaker and don't mind it a little loud, this one may be for you.

Stability While in Use
This breadman TR520 is pretty stable while in use, but you absolutely need to have it on a flat surface because this machine tends to "walk" and you obviously don't want it to crash off of the counter.

This machine makes good bread, and can knead even thicker breads, so the performance is good in my book.

As long as you know how to use a machine, it is as easy as putting your ingredients in the machine in order. ; )

this machine can take alot of use! i had made about 50 loaves before i gave this to my mom.

Versatile! Great asset.

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

I never thought I would like having a bread machine since I love to make fresh bread but this has been a pleasant experience. I particularly like that I can have the machine do the preliminary work of mixing kneading and rising and then I can take out the dough and form it as I like. My machine also has the capacity to make smaller loaves and jam as well. I love waking up to the smell of fresh baked bread and I didn't have to stay up all night to do it. I am sold!

Just like store bought.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

It's easy to use and manage settings.I like the crust color control.You can choose light.medium,or dark.Even though it doesn't make very large batches,because it's so quick and simple,I like making small batches at a time with this to have fresh bread every week.It also makes just any food item made with dough like pizza crust.I like making fresh pizza crust versus buying store bought so all of my pizza ingredients are fresh.While making bread it's fun looking inside of the viewing window of the machine to watch as the bread rises. There's a keep warm cycle once the cooking is done.It lasts an hour max.It could be longer.The shape of the bread mimics store bought bread.It's made of cheap materials.I can just feel the cheapness of them.I hope it lasts.The price itself was low,so it wouldn't be too much a loss.I will see.It has a non stick bottom and nothing has ever gotten stuck so far.It's easy and convenient overall.

Versatile and quality product

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

When i received the product, opened the package, seriously, i was surprised to see the amazing quality of the product. It has the receipe book also, I would definitely suggest this product to others. It does its stuff very well. It rocks, it can cook different varities of breads, pizzas etc.
It does not easily get that hot. even you can watch through the window on what is happening, It just makes small beeps sound. Bread machine is not too expensive and is excellent. Makes delicious bread and dough.

Pros:
- It has sold with good recipe book, each day we can try new one.
- Cleaning is easy, just remove pan and clean it and blade also is very easy to unhook it.
- It has delay switch, which works fine with all settings, , like bread, dough, etch
- You can choose different colors in range.
- Daily use

Cons-
- Bit Bulky, weighs more.
- Bit louder
- Display device is a minus for this product, The digits are not visible in low light, the combination of background color and foreground digits colors worsens that.

Great Deal

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

One of the best perks in using a bread machine is that I can bake bread in any weather without heating up the kitchen like an oven would.

The manual that comes with the Breadman 2-pound Horizontal Bread Maker TR520 is very useful. It's very important to read the manual for important pointers such as never immersing the bread pan in water. The recipes may not be to your taste, but always follow the recommended yeast brand and amount. Any other brand will require trial and error as the Breadman recipes are formulated using only Red Star.

This was a great quality buy for very good, perfectly functional machine. It had all the essential features required of a bread machine, though it didn't have some extra features, like a pause button. The only flaw was the strange decision to use white-on-yellow labeling, which makes it a bit harder to read.

It's a great machine for the beginner bread baker.

• Stability While in Use:

Older style, but makes bread just as well.

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

If you have ever eaten home made real bread, you know that the stuff you buy at the super market is far less inferior. Even if you buy the expensive artisan loaves that are claimed to have been baked at the store, it cannot beat the taste of homemade bread. In chain grocery stores, even bread that at baked at the store come in already-made frozen loaves. When I first got into baking my own bread, I really realized that I had been missing out on delicious, fresh bread. Bread that I make at home doesn't contain any preservatives and are much more healthy for you! This Breadman bread machine is my first machine. I got it 4 years ago, and the design is it's major downfall. It's large and clunky and takes up almost a third of my counter space. It is even larger than my 10 cup rice cooker! Though the design is lacking, the ability is not. It makes bread well enough to eat. I do have a few complaints though. The paddle inside is extremely hard to remove for cleaning, and it makes quite a bit of noise. I have since moved on to a slimmer and newer bread machine, but this Breadman bread maker will forever be remembered as my trusty first bread machine.

• Stability While in Use:

The one and only bread machine you'll ever need!

from 26101

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

The directions that come with the machine are easy to read and self-explanatory... good, even for an amateur (like me;). The recipes are simple with inexpensive ingredients. The pan is easy to remove, clean and re-insert. The outside of the unit can easily be cleaned with warm, soapy water. The digital programmer is simple to use, as well. There's even a feature that will keep the bread warm until you're ready for it! It's just an all-around wonderful machine.

Stability While in Use
Very stable on flat, stable surface (I.e. countertops or dining room table). Just ensure that the cord is not hanging down, or loosely draping over anything, or where a child (or pet) could get to it.

(Discussed above)

This machine couldn't be any easier to use. It's made by a high-quality, appliance manufacturer (Breadman), and comes prepared to use... right out of the box (o.k.. so you do have to clean the pan with warm, soapy water before your first use, but that's the extent of "work" you will have to do, upon reception of your machine, before you bake your first loaf of bread).

This unit is consistently durable, inside and out. The inside hardware is made of high-quality metal. The inside functions as well as any restaurant-quality machine. The lid is also very durable, while being extremely simple to open and close. The body of the unit is nice and solid, and cleans easily.

Works great!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

This is one great bread machine. I’ve had it for a while and it works great. I love that it has a “fast bake” feature on it, so if I forget to make a loaf of bread for dinner (3 hours in advance, like a normal bread takes) I can make a “fast bake” loaf and it will be done in just 56 minutes.

I like the recipe book that comes with the Breadman. They are super easy to make, easy to follow and super tasty

The only things I don’t like about this breadmachine, which is probably common of most bread machines, is its not the easiest to clean. The spinner inside is hard to clean and I often have to use a tooth pick to get out all of the gross left over bread. It’s also bulky to store. It takes up a lot of space, but I do enjoy having homemade bread, so that’s the trade off I guess.

• Stability While in Use:

Fresh warm bread is the best!

from Edgerton, WI

Comments about Breadman 2-lb. Bread Machine:

It took me a while to figure out how to get my bread to rise and which settings were appropriate for what I wanted to make, especially since I was using recipes off the internet. Once I got the hang of it, I loved it. It is easy to use and the controls are self-explanatory. I make all sorts of bread, pizza dough, pretzel dough, etc in my machine. I appreciate being able to make my family healthier food choices, without all the preservatives and 'extras' added to commerically available food products.
If you are able to stick thru the learning curve, you will like this machine!