View more bread machines

Breadman
TR875
Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker

Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker

Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker is excellent!

Before I got my Breadman I had never baked bread.  I tried once and it was a disaster - I didn't really have the time or patience.  The Breadman was a gift and actually a better model than the one I had on my Christmas list.  It was a hit from the first loaf!  You can start smelling the bread about 30 minutes from the end of the cycle and my husband will come looking to see what I'm fixing.  He almost always gets a piece when I take it out of the machine!

There are settings for french, dough, sourdough, basic, wheat, jam, super rapid, pasta and a few others.  I've only used the basic, wheat and dough.  Eventually I'll try the others.  I'm actually interested in trying to make my own jam!  The dough cycle is excellent.  I've been able to dinner and cinnamon rolls and the machine really cuts down the time.  The bread really comes out great and I've even converted a coworker who went out an bought her own machine recently.  There are probably better machines but for the price I think you'll be very happy with this one.

Like it, but sometimes stops

I like my machine. My husband and I got it for christmas during the year 2009 from my mother in law. This was on Christmas day. We received it as a surprise. I already made bread regularly in my kitchenaid mixer and so didn't really think I needed or wanted a bread machine. However, once I started using the bread machine, I really liked it. It was a good thing to get as a gift. It does stop from time to time, which really annoys me. It stops in the middle of a session so I feel like I have to stand by and wait during every bread making session. I don't like that because I am afraid to start it in the morning and expect bread to be ready when I get home from work, but since it stops like that so unexpectedly, I really can't help but worry about that and thing that it might stop. I have emailed the customer service department at BreadMan, but have not receive any responses yet. I hope they can help me.

Decent, fairly easy to use.

from Wrightstown, NJ

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

My husband purchased the **Breadman TR875 **as a Christmas gift for me two years ago, after I expressed interest in making bread for us at home.

I will be honest and say I have only used it a handful of times, and with mixed results. I am not very experienced with Breadmakers, and I found this one (or maybe all of them) have a bit of a learning curve. I have only made bread, so I haven't used the other functions this machine offers. ****

When the bread comes out well, it is wonderful, but at least twice I found the bread overly moist. I am guessing it is something I did, and not the machine though.

The Breadman TR875 is straightforward in using and setting up the machine itself. You cannot just dump the ingredients in though, and putting them into the loaf pan in the proper order and EXACT amounts takes practice (which I gave up on too easily. In writing this review I feel a bit guilty for not using mine as often as my husband likely hope, so I will be pulling it out for another go-round!). If you are familiar with the use of bread machines, or willing to take the time to learn, I have nothing bad to say about this machine itself!

• Stability While in Use:

A very nice breadmaker

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

I received this as a gift last Christmas from my son, and I must admit I was skeptical at first. I had never made my own bread before and I didn't have any interest in doing so-- but after baking my own loaf for the first time I was hooked to breadmaking and I've even invented my own recipes! Why settle for boring white bread at the store when you can create your own cinnamon bread with dried mangoes, or a delicious cocoa swirl? My whole family loves our homemade bread and now we never even buy sliced loaves from the store anymore. The Breadman Stainless Steel Breadmaker is a wonderful product with a lovely design and functionality. It came with its own recipe book, but I never use them as I am more of a free-spirited cook :)

Peerless Stainless Steel Breadman TR875 2-Pound Breadmaker

from Chehalis, WA

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

Last month I decided to purchase a breadmaker to help offset the rising cost of groceries. My family goes through a lot of bread, so I researched ways to save and came upon the brilliant idea of purchasing the Breadman TR875 2-Pound Breadmaker in the Stainless Steel model. I like how it fits in with the rest of my kitchen appliances and is so easy to use. It has helped me save enormously on bread costs and pretty much repaid itself back several times over. It takes a little time to make the bread myself, but I just love the way it makes my kitchen smell and my family is very pleased with all the fresh bread that I have been making. I have never used the Gluten Free Cycle myself, but my sister has and said that it worked great for her family. I think that every family should take advantage of making their own bread and find out for themselves just how rewarding it can be!

Breadman makes great Wheat Bread

from Farmington, UT

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

I purchased this as Christmas gift for our family. I have a lot of wheat I wanted to start using and to save money by making my own bread. I love that it has different settings you can choose from, like White, Wheat, and dough. I use dough setting often to make rolls with flax seed in them. It is so simple and easy to use. I also have made both wheat and white bread in it and after a few tweaks with different recipe's I finally found one that makes the perfect loaf. That is why I didn't give this machine 5 stars, the recipe's they include really don't work great for me, it may be my high attitude above 4000 feet, but not sure. It also has a Gluten Free cycle which is a benefit for those that need that, like my brother in law. I also like the stainless steel look. It really makes making your own breads and dough so much easier, you can just put the ingredients in and then let it do the work for you. I would recommend again and again.

Breadman TR875 is great for gluten free bread!

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

I decided to buy a breadmachine when my husband was diagnosed as being gluten intolerant. I decided on the BReadman TR875 2 pound breadmaker because it has a gluten free setting.I love this machine. It is so easy to use and every loaf of bread I've made has come out great! I have used the gluten free setting and I've also used the dough setting and allowed the dough to rise and then used the bake setting. I like that there are lots of settings, to fit all your needs. You can even adjust the color of the crust, light, medium or dark. I like that it makes a horizonal loaf instead of some of the other breadmakers that make vertical loaves of bread. It's also easy to clean and doesn't take up too much space on my counter.

The best tasting gluten-free bread I've made is using Pamela's Bread mix and using hte gluten free setting with this machine.

Good for making dough

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

I like making breads myself. I could try any flavor or styles and make sure all the ingredients are healthy enough for my family. The most difficult part of making breads or some other weaten food is making dough. Verything must be mixed thoroughly and the temperature should be about the right. My husband used to take care of kneading the dough. He hates it, but has to as he also likes eating homemade breads. He is very pleased to have this breadmaker as he is free of the dough making task now. And I don't need to worry about how well the dough is kneaded and whether the room temperature is good for fermenting. The temperature is specially important in cold whether. I have never failed again raising the dough after I purchased this breadmachine.

However, I have trouble baking bread using this breadmachine. Baking bread should be it's major function but not the main purpose for me to buy it. The bread tastes good when it's just baked, but it becomes very hard quite soon which is not what I like. There are also some other functions and different loads options. I always try the 2-LB loads to save time and make big meal. You are also able to set the  time if you want it to work in later time.  So, if you want to eat fresh bread in the morning, you are able to make the breadmachine to do it one hour before you get up but watch out the noise may also wake you up if you sleep light.

Makes the perfect loaf!

from Paso Robles, CA

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

I absolutely love this breadmaker! I purchased it on sale despite mixed revies and am so glad I did! I have already made dozens of loaves of different varieties....French, Italian, Sweet breads, nut and fruit breads and every loave has turn out perfectly. This machine alsoi runs very quietly. I like that is is quiet and I tend to run it overnight using the timer for fresh bread in the mornings for breakfast. The timer is a 15 hour timer so it gives you planty to advance time to set it up. I also love the design of the machine. It is very sleek looking with it's stainless steele finish and look handsome on my counter. Much better than the typical giant wite box type breadmaker I have been use too. This machine also has a gluten free feature and a dough and pasta cycle. The only grip I do have about the paddle tends to stick a bit after baking, but it is not a big deal and usually comes loose after a little soak.

Like it, but sometimes stops

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

So quiet you'll wonder if it's working!

from Harrison, TN

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

My husband bought me the Breadman TR875 2 pound breadmaker a few years ago.  The first few times I used it I seriously would have to go and check on it to make sure it was working...it was that quiet!  My parents had a bread maker when I was a kid that sounded like it was beating the cabinets up, so I couldn't get over how quiet my bread maker was.  I make about one loaf a week and my Breadman is still going strong, even after almost three years of use!  I love the fact that this bread machine looks small, but makes a pretty big 2 pound loaf.  It fits easily under my cabinets for storage.  I also really like the fact that it has a reminder that beeps to let you know when to add your fruit and nuts.  After all the years I've made bread, I've yet to make a bad loaf.  I've made everything from sour dough to nut bread.  I've made almost all the recipes in the manual that came with the machine, plus invented some of my own.  Another great thing about this machine is that when the loaf is done, it simply slides right out of the pan!  You don't have to dig it out, as I remember my parents doing with their bread machine.  It's a great bread machine that you can buy, without a big price tag.

I like it, first batch came out well

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Breadman 2-Pound Breadmaker:

It's always a good sign when the first batch comes out well.  In my case, the cinnamon raisin bread was delicious.  Not to heavy or dense which can sometimes be the case weith breadmakers.  The loaf is a little bit square- it looks like it came out of a breadmaker.  No one will be mistaking it for a home-made-in-the-oven loaf.  I did use additional gluten in my recipe to ensure a solid loaf.

The machine itself is not too large.  so hopefully willfit in the cupboards somehow. It cooled down pretty fast afterward, not staying hot like my last one.  It is hard to pull the bucket out, but that has been a problem for all my breadmakers.

The instructions are not as intuitive as I would have hoped.  It took some button pushing and reviewing the manual to get things figured out.  There are a number of presets which is nice.  They seem accurate and correct.

The machine is also quite handsome with its stainless steel finish and black buttons.  So if you are short on cupboard space