Other Medical Supplies:
Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technologies (Braun)

Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technologies (Braun)

Quick temperature when you need it

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer with ExacTemp Technologies (Braun):

Being a mom of two kids a thermometer is a neccessity in my house.  I like that I have a non intrusive way of checking their temperature in a jiffy.  Quick temperature check which runs on regular batteries.  I actually use rechargeable AA with this product.  You use a plastic cover to check the temperature.  One big thing that I don't like about it is that it has no light attached to it.  So you take the temperature and then you have to leave the room if it is night to put a light on in another room to see if there is a fever.  I don't think any mom wants to have to put a bright light on when it is the middle of the night.  They should revamp the product but add a lighted screen once the temperature is given.  I also wonder just how accurate it is since the positioning in th eear has to be just so.  Overall a good thermometer in a pinch.  Much better than having to take the temperature rectally.

The Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer Can Be Used On Adults, Too

from Cleveland, OH

The Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer can be used on adults as well as on babies and children.

The **Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer **comes with a box of 20 lens filters, two AA batteries, and a case. There is an on/off button, a start button, and a filter release button. The thermometer saves its last reading in memory. It is advised to change the lens filter each time you use the thermometer. It is best to hold the thermometer over a trash can when you press the filter release button, for it ejects rather forcefully. There is a low battery indicator in the display area where the temperature is displayed.

I have noticed when I take my temperature in one ear and take it again in my opposite ear, the temperature reading fluctuates up to a degree at times.. I have also compared the temperature displayed on the **Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer** with a regular digital thermometer and there can sometimes be a half to a full degree difference. It is my "go to" thermometer, for it is easy to use and if I see I have a fever, I will double check it with my regular thermometer.

The only complaint I have with the **Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer** is that the lens filters are expensive, especially when you change them each time you take a reading. Also, they are sometime difficult to find in pharmacies.

Thank you for reading my review.

the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer is quick and easy

from Carey, OH

As the mother of 3 young children, having the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer has made "sick days" a little easier. It is easy to use and SO quick. the unit is a little heavy, but not bad. You are able to buy little covers to use with it, but they are not necessary, and the tip can easily be cleaned between uses. The temperature is very accurate and the kids don't get bored and squirmy while we take their temp. because it works so quickly. The unit easily switches from F to C and has a large power/start button.

I got ours on sale, but even the regular price was very competitive with other models at several different stores. I have had other Braun appliances and it is a name we have grown to trust and even seek out when looking for new products in their line.

It would be nice if the unit offered illumination, but it hasn't been something that is overly inconvenient for us, and I have recommended it to several friends.

So easy to use the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer exacTemp Tec

from Cameron, NC

My daughter was running a very high temp and we couldnt find out regular themometer so I went out and bought a regular and this Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer.  I am so pleased with our new ear themometer.  Its very easy to use on our 14 month old dauther and very fast.  Its also very acurate unlike the temperoal one we had.  There is no getting frustrated for us when we use this ear scanner because the repeat temps seem to be pretty consisitant.  It comes with some plastic sleve protects to get you started.  It also has a nice tray so-to speak that the Ear Themometer goes in when not in use which also stores the sleaves.  You press the on button it beeps and then you are ready to take the temp by holding down a button which easy to press. The holder has a flat side which would probably be easy to hang on the wall if you had like velcro or something that way it would be easy to access.  We are very happy that we Finally broke down and bought the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer now we dont have to worry when she runs another high temp because now we will have the acuracy of this wonderful product.

So easy to use on an infant....thanks, Braun!

from Spartanburg, SC

This product is fantastic!

I originally bought it for myself just a few years ago and immediately loved the ease with which you could just press the on switch and stick it in your ear (with a probe cover, of course) and then press another button and just a second or two later when it beeps it's all done.

Then when I had my son, instead of doing a rectal temperature (which I was truly dreading having to do), I thought, why not use this on him instead?  To my surprise, it has worked out very well each and every time I've had to use it.  And now that he's seven months old, he even laughs when I use it on him because he finds it amusing.

This is a great product because it takes the worry out of getting an accurate temperature reading, especially on a young infant.  The digital read-out is very easy to read.  There's another button you can press to release the old probe cover to replace it with a new one.  I believe you can even store temps to memory (although I haven't personally used this feature).  The price is well worth it.

Accurate and Convenient

from Logan, UT

I have had my Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer for ten years, so it is an older model than the one listed here, but mine is still working great, and I would hightly recommend giving the Braun Ear Thermometer a try.  The temperature reading is accurate (once in a while I'll test it against a different type of thermometer just to make sure), and it is so convenient--just put it in your (or your child's) ear and push the button and you have an almost instant temperature reading--SO much more convenient than having to wait minutes for a temperature reading.  When you have a sick child and are taking his or her temperature several times in a day (surely I'm not the only one that does that...right?) there is nothing like this thermometer to make that process quick and painless.  It also stores easily (mine has a case it sits in to protect it).  Give the Braun Ear Thermometer a try--I have loved mine!!

Braun thermoscan is the best thermometer!

from Provo, UT

This is the best thermometer we have ever had----and we've had about half a dozen before this.  This is always accurate, and is within a 10th of a point or so after 2-3 checks of ours or our children's ears.  It works great on babies up through adults.  The little plastic things we just wipe off after each use, rather than getting a new one each time-----saves time, money and energy.  When it gets gross or bent, then we change it of course.  IT is easy to use. Push the button: it turns ON (and gives you the last temperature reading from the last time you took one!). Push it again, it gets READY, wait three lines to go up, then go ahead an put it in your ear!  Push the button a third time and it turns green and will beep when DONE.  See what you got!  If it is not in properly it will say  Error.  It doesn't hurt, doesn't annoy, and is wonderful .

The only thing that would be even BETTEr, would be a back-lit screen or light so I could see in the middle of the night when there is no light and I don't want to turn one on!

Plus, the batteries last a long time, don't "pop out" if dropped (as one of our other kinds kept doing)