Other Medical Supplies:
Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer

Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer

it is good and easy to measure the correct temperature

from Plainsboro, NJ

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

braun ear thermometer is a good product which can be good purchase for a first time parent  so that anytime you can measure your baby  body temperature anytime anywhere. i *Braun ThermoScan ear thermometer offers you peace of mind that you are taking your child's temperature in both a gentle and accurate way.It is also number one among mothers, being used by more mothers than any other infrared thermometer brand. After trying several brands of useless thermometers, I finally got smart and asked my pediatrician what thermometers they use in their office. My pediatrician said the Thermoscan thermometers, so I picked up this one...and FINALLY a baby thermometer that works! It gives the most accurate reading that I have found on baby thermometers, especially ear thermometers! The trick to getting an accurate reading every time is in pulling your child's ear when you take the temperature. If you are in doubt, have your pediatrician show you how to take an accurate temperature and you will have no problems with this thermometer!

Thermoscan makes it easy to take temperatures

from Columbus, IN

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

I have 2 daughters, and like most kids, they get sick occasionally. I'm terrible at reading traditional thermometers, so this is a lifesaver. It's quick and easy. It just takes a few seconds to get an accurate reading. The batteries last a long time, and the ear covers are cheap to replace. I can take the temperatures of the girls while they're asleep, and it's easy enough that they can do it themselves. It doesn't take up much space in the medicine cabinet either. I've had the same unit for a couple of years now, and use it quite frequently. Highly recommended!

Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exact Temp Ear Thermometer=easy to use!

from Livingston, TX

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

When we purchased this thermometer, we had just had our son and we were looking for a reliable yet convenient and easy to use thermometer. This thermometer is definitely more expensive than the traditional 'stick' thermometer, but in my experience, totally worth it due to convenience. This thermometer is very accurate and easy to use. My small son never acted afraid and resistant to it like he did alot of thermometer's at Doctor visits. He actually liked it so much that as he got older, he would take his own temperature and try to take mine or his daddy's. This thermometer was easy to carry around in a baby bag, even though it was larger than traditional thermometers. The few things I found that I did not like about this thermometer would be as follows: I did not like the fact that you had to continuously purchase replacement ear covers. The thermometer will NOT work without having one of these in place on the tip that inserts into the ear. The other thing I did not like is that we had this thermometer for about 1 1/2 years and then it quit working. I felt that a thermometer at the cost that this one is at should be a little longer lasting and not break so easily. We have since purchased a Thermoscan Thermometer that you run across the forehead and temple.

Best thermometer

from Farmington, MI

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

I purchased this thermometer for our daughter when she was an infant. We did a ton of research on all of the products we bought for her and this one rated the best. We couldn't agree more. It is extremely accurate and easy to use. Even when she was really small, the thermometer got was easily inserted into her ear. It also has a memory option that will keep track of the last temperature taken. Another feature we love about it is sanitary nature of it. Is uses disposable probes that are easily popped off after each use. You can certainly use them more than once if only once person is using it and that could cut down on cost of replacements. It is equally as simple putting a new one on. The thermometer sits in a very sturdy stand and is easily stored. It isn't too big that it can't go in a diaper bag or overnight trip if need be. There is a smaller model made for travel, but I have not found we need it. This one works has been perfect for us.

Best ear thermometer available!

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

I recently received this Braun ear thermometer for my child and it has become invaluable in a very short time. I was able to put it to use quite quickly when my toddler began running a high temperature after receiving recent vaccinations. Unfortunately for him, his fever lasted for days, but that gave me the opportunity to use the thermometer every couple of hours and get quite used to all of its benefits. It's accuracy was spot-on (double checked with standard thermometers and on myself), and it couldn't be easier or faster to use. And when you have a sick young child that does not want to sit still for an under arm temperature to be taken, it is a lifesaver. I was even able to use it while he was sleeping and miraculously, it did not wake him even though he's a very light sleeper. I did lots of research on ear thermometers before getting the Braun, and will say not all are created equal. I have read a number of disastrous reviews for other brands, but the Braun consistently gets the highest marks and is recommended by pediatricians. A couple things to keep in mind though when using an ear thermometer, especially on children under the age of two...my pediatrician only recommends taking temperatures under arm or rectally for children under two years of age because it is the most accurate (supposedly ear thermometers tend to read high). My son is still under two and after giving this Braun a try, I actually have found this to be more accurate than the other methods. I always found the under arm readings to be low and never felt comfortable taking temperatures rectally. What you choose to do is up to you, but I honestly have found this ear thermometer to be quite accurate. One last thing to mention is that you are supposed to buy disposable covers for each time you use the thermometer. If you use it frequently, it could be a little more expensive for the refill costs.

Quick and easy temperatue taking,Braun ear thermometer!

from Rocky Mount, NC

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

Try taking a childs temperature when they are wiggling,or crying? They don't want you to put a device in their mouth,or backside and it takes too long under the arm. This ear thermometer eliminates these problems and gives a very accurate reading. We use it for the adults in our house also. It also has probe covers to stop the spread of germs and the price is reasonable!

No More Inaccurate Readings!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

I received this thermometer as a gift last year for Christmas and couldn't be happier.  At the time, our daughter was 6 months old and we had a conventional, rectal thermometer (yuck).  I must say I think our baby smiled and laughed a little when I unwrapped it!  No more having to grease up a thermometer and stick it where the sun don't shine!  It provides a quick, accurate reading.  Now that our daughter is a wiggly toddler, it only takes a few seconds for me to stick the Braun Thermoscan Ear Thermometer in her ear and get a reading.  She was recently sick and this thermometer was my best friend (along with some motrin and tylenol).  It also has a recall temperature, although I haven't really played with it, it will display the last reading when you turn it on.  It is very easy to use, even my toddler will stick it in her own ear and try to take her temperature!  Works great with bigger kids too, it's pretty hard to fake a fever with an ear thermometer.  I recommend it to all of my friends!

Quick and easy to use

from Richardson, TX

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

This thermometer provides a quick and easy way to see if your children are sick. I would not use it on a young child (baby) since each degree matters when they are really little, but using it on your preschooler or older child is great. I worked in an international school last year and had twenty two teenagers under my care in a dormitory setting. We had one of these and it was great. We had a swine flu scare and had to meet the guys at the door one day when they came home from school and take all of their temperatures. We had all the temperatures taken within a matter of minutes. All the temperatures registered normal and the thermometer was right on the money none of our teens got the swine flu. If you use it on more then just family members I would highly recommend the covers that easily snap on and off to make the thermometer more  sanitary. For some people you do have to mess around with it a bit more because of ear canal shapes, but I found it pretty easy to use.

Makes it quick and easy to take a temperature.

from Saginaw, MI

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

This was a gift at my son's baby shower. We've had it for over a year now and had zero problems with it. It's quick, easy, and accurate--all very important when you're trying to figure out if your cranky infant has a fever or not. I can't even imagine trying to get his temperature with an oral or rectal thermometer. That would be so much more of a hassle. Even for myself it's so much easier then the old-fashioned mercury thermometer. And the digital screen makes it so much easier to read.  It just takes a second or two and then beeps to let you know it has a reading. It has individual covers, so you don't have to worry about contamination or sterilizing it. They click on easily and pop off with the push of a button so you don't have to touch them. The battery on this has a long life, too. We have used this countless times, and the battery hasn't died yet. I would recommend this thermometer.

no hassle-one touch operation, how easy can it get

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Braun IRT4520 Thermoscan Exactemp Ear Thermometer:

fevers around here were always a hassle, now with the braun IRT 4520  thermometer its fast and easy to use, just put into ear canal and push the button and within 3 seconds you know if they have a fever, it's a little expensive but well worth every penny, when it comes to fevers every minute counts.