1.5
Bradford Exchange Checks

Bradford Exchange Checks

1.5

Great Options, Fast Shipping, Good Customer Service,

I had a new checking account as of 2 weeks ago and needed to order a couple checkbooks and did not like the options given to me by my bank.  I have never used a website to purchase personalized checks before and after reading the other reviews I was a little skeptical of this website.  I decided to go with Bradford Exchange Checks anyways and have been very pleased with the results.

The checks and checkbook cover I ordered arrived right on time and were exactly as I ordered without any flaws.  I ordered both on November 10th using the the SecureShip shipping option to make sure I got them before I leave for the Navy on the 23rd.  The checkbook cover arrived on November 17th and the checks will arrive tomorrow on the 20th (according to the UPS tracking number), the 8th business day after I placed my order.  I was unsure as to why they were shipped separately, so I contacted their customer service department and they responded to me within a couple hours.  Apparently the checkbook covers are shipped from a different location than where they print the checks and that is why they are sent separately.

I only ordered 1 book of checks as that is all I need at the moment and was skeptical of the website.  After the results I got, I will definitely be ordering the rest of my checks from them.  There are also numerous coupon codes that work with Bradford Exchange Checks that can be found within minutes of searching on Google.  I ended up getting my checks for free and only paying for the checkbook cover and the shipping costs.

I would recommend Bradford Exchange Checks to anybody looking for personalized checks.  It would appear that they have resolved any issues the previous posters had as I had an excellent experience dealing with them.

Do NOT recommend Bradford Exchange Checks!

Having used online ordering for personal checks in the past, I've never had a problem with the ordering process.  Recently I used Bradford Exchange Checks for the first time and got burned.  Although the checks were received through the mail quickly, I was disappointed in the ordering process and in their customer service satisfaction.

I was not offered a sample check to preview before completing the order.  The web site would only accept my information in one way, which was not the order in which my bank prints the information on my checks.  I had no choice but to enter the way I was forced in order for the order to be accepted.  When I tried to change the order of the information to accommodate my needs, the web site would not accept the changes.  I tried to explain this to the customer service representative, Jessica Andrews, to no avail.  There is a refusal to accept that there is a glitch in the Bradford Exchange Checks' online system, because of course, this would cause them to have to reprint the checks at their own expense.  The offer was for me to order again at the introductory price, which is totally unacceptable.  My request to have a copy of the page sent to me that would verify the error was not mine was ignored.  The reason?  The online orders are supposedly sent straight to their printers, so the excuse to refuse to satisfy the customer is that it must be the customer's mistake in entering the information.  The fact that a view of a sample check is not offered and that the web site would not accept my information any other way except what I was forced to use was ignored.

My advice is to avoid using this company unless and until they change their online ordering process.  A customer has no way of proving they are right or verifying that they were wrong, which is convenient for Bradford.  Now I must reorder from a company I have already used, which will not give me the checks I wanted and will cause me to wait longer to receive checks, plus will cost me even more money.  I also recommend checking into negative reviews about a company before using their services.

Just another bad review in a long line of bad reviews

from Strasburg, OH

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

My wife ordered checks at the beggining of the month at a price of 13.00. Two days later they tried to raise the price by 37.00. Claiming the 13.00 price was for new customers saying we had ordered a few years ago. I called and argues price was given at the introductory price because when my wife entered her email nothing came up saying we had ordered before. When the check showed up today my wife's name was wrong!!!! Everything she received from the company and she even scanned our check to give all the info they needed had her correct name. I again called this time they wanted me to repurchase the checks with the correct info after arguing and telling them I'm not lying for their mistake. They are correcting the info and resenting checks so it'll probably be another month before I see them.

I will never shop this company again

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I placed a minimal order for return address labels, less than $10. The documents accompanying the order gave an email address as well as a phone number to contact the company if the order was wrong. They stated they would replace immediately if the order had an error in printing. My zip code was missing the last digit, so I photographed a sheet of the labels and emailed it to the company. They blamed me for placing an incorrect order, and said they could not replace it. I reviewed the order, a MUST when ordering return address labels, checks, etc., and the info was correct. Additionally, the document that accompanied the order showed my complete address, with 5-digit zip code, correct as I entered it. I then photographed this document and emailed it back, indicating the zip code was correct from the beginning. The response I got was that that document was SEPARATE from my order, and that I had made the error. So be it, and so much for customer service in the country, a contention I've been making for a long time. I just dealt with ANOTHER online order from a different company. It got sent to a state over 1800 miles from my home, and this company left it up to me to do the research legwork to find the package. Unbelievable. Anyway, my days with Bradford Checks is over. And the customer service emails were definitely robo-generated, and very impersonal. I wouldn't be surprised if no one even read my complaint.

Wished I had thought to check reviews on this company

from Port Townsend, WA

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

Decided to order personal checks from the Bradford Exchange, the price sounded reasonable and the checks looked nice. NEVER again!!! First, I thought the online order form was a bit odd compared to others I have used. I supplied all the information they requested exactly. Ordered them and it seemed to take a quite a bit of time to get them. I've gotten other check orders faster than this. BUT, when I finally received the checks, they had the bank account numbers wrong. When I contacted them, they informed me that it was MY error and NOT theirs and refused to refund or exchange my order. Instead, they tell that I can put in a new order at the same introductory price. I DON'T THINK SO! I am NEVER ordering from them again! And I got burned on a box of checks that I can't use!

Incorrect Financial Institution on checks

from Tennessee

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I ordered checks which had the wrong financial institution name on them when I finally received them (over two weeks later). There is no place on their ordering information to fill in your own bank name, and when I ordered, I gave the routing number on my check. My bank had been acquired by another bank a year before and had a different routing # than was on my checks. When I called they told me it was my responsibility to check my information and therefore my fault that the bank name was incorrect, even after I had called my bank (at their request) to see if there was a routing # change. The bank had assured me that they should have had it in their system and would most likely reprint my checks. No, they would not, nor give me a refund - were very rude to me and acted like I was a complete imbicile. Will never order from them again and encourage others to think twice before doing so.

Very Satisfied

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I needed to order more checks and wanted to avoid paying high prices for check through our bank, so I went online and found Bradford Check Exchange. At first I was leery about it so, but I seen on their website that they were a secure website and I gave it a shot. They offer a lot of great designs for checks. My husband is an Oregon Ducks fan, so I decided to get those. Personalizing your checks is very simple and you are able to preview them before placing your order. I rated this website an 8 because you are only able to order one check design at a time, which makes it difficult if you want two because then you will have to pay shipping and handling for your second design again. It took a couple of weeks to get receive them, but I was very satisfied with the product when it came. I would recommend this using this website if you were looking to only get one design. I didn't have any problems with the ordering process and it a reliable website.

BEWARE

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

Wish I could give them a 0 . I ordered 2 boxes on March 15th the first box arrived after almost 3 weeks now a month after ordering I am still waiting for box 2.I called them days ago and was told by a Rep that I only get 1 box because I only ordered 1 box I told him that I am looking at my Email confirmation and it shows 2 boxes also the first shipment said box 1 of 2 . He told me that all it shows on his screen is 1 box . I then asked for a supervisor and was told that yes I did order 2 boxes and to wait till Tuesday ( Yesterday) if they are not here I need to call them and they will send a replacement. I asked for a tracking # and was told there is none. I then asked him what if they got stolen I was told to Block them . The thing is it cost 20. per check to do so. we are talking 2000$ to block checks that I believe never been send in the first place. I will never ever use this company again BEWARE

Awful Company, DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I really wish I would have read the reviews before I decided to order from Bradford Exchange Checks. This company is such a joke. I have had to call them 5 times about my checks. The customer service is AWFUL. There was apparently a problem with my order and no one even called me to tell me, but of course they took their money out of my account though. I had to call and see where my checks were and they hadn't even been shipped yet! I asked them to cancel my order and they refused. This is the fifth time I have had to call them about my order. They are rude and most of them have no idea what they are even talking about. I will never order anything from this company again. And I STILL haven't received my order..... :/

check reorder

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

They sent me the wrong style check on a reorder. They then wanted me to reorder at full price to fix their mistake. They took no responsibility for their mistake. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE IDIOTS. There has to be betterncompanies than this one.

Any errors are your fault

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I ordered my checks online. My bank account number was misprinted. They said it was my fault and that there was nothing they could do. Not even a discount on a new order. No, all of the checks were just garbage. I have my bank account number memorized and the misprinted number is not even in close proximity to the correct number on the number pad. I'm assuming it is for my protection that there is no way to verify what numbers were on the order, but since it also took 2.5 weeks for them to get to me, it might have been nice to have the option to fix the error before printing.

So be warned, any typo is your error and they will do nothing at all to help you. Don't expect a refund, an exchange, or even an apology.

don't use this company!

Comments about Bradford Exchange Checks:

I ordered checks on April 27, the website said they shipped them on April 30. I received an email that said I would receive the checks in the mail within 8 - 11 working days. I called them on the "12th" working day to let them know my checks still had not arrived in the mail. I called them back and they took all sorts of information over the phone and then put me on hold for literally 10 minutes. Then they came back and told me that I had to wait another 3 working days before they could help me with the problem. I waited another 3 working days and still no checks in the mail.

I called customer service 3 working days later and tried speaking to a foreign person that was very, very difficult for me to understand. UGH! Again, he took all sorts of information and then put me on hold for what seemed like forever. I was on hold for so long that I finally just hung up out of frustration. I called back a few hours later and the lady took my information all over again. At least I could understand this lady. (Yeah, I know I hung up and they had all of that typed in the system).

She said they could reorder the checks and not charge me for anything extra since I had already paid, obviously. I told her I was desperate for checks at this point. This is going on 4 weeks! They needed to be rushed to my home. She said they could not help me with that since I did not pay for a rush order and that they had to be ordered just as they were ordered on the original order (no rush and no tracking). I was not happy, so I asked to speak to a manager. He said they would have to issue a refund and then charge me again and charge me for the rush shipping, etc., it would be 14 working days before I could get my checks. I told them to forget it and he promptly refunded my money. So much for buying checks for 7.99. The lost order from Bradford Exchange checks still have not arrived in the mail. The lost order.......the ones that he said if they arrived at my home to throw them away.

My advice is that you should always pay for rush shipping, pay for tracking and every other money maker that have........better yet, don't order checks from these people. I wonder if they ever did mail them out, the "lost" shipment still hasn't arrived. I went to my bank and paid 25.00 for checks and will get them in 5 days. By the time I would've paid Bradford for all of the extras, it would've cost the same 25.00. No savings there. Oh well, live and learn.